RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Poll: Do you use the cg's bathrooms?!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Poll: Do you use the cg's bathrooms?!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CampingCplWva

Panhandle of West Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on what campground we stay at. If the showers are CLEAN and not busy then we use them, if not we use the shower in our Sunline. Another reason we got the grey water tote! A shower is a must at least once a day if not more. We figured we paid a good price for our TT and we are going to use it. Just like using the toilet. Why have a TT if your not going to use it. I don't find myself walking in the middle of the night to the bathrooms anymore!!! Yay!

David & Mary Ann
2011 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke
2006 Sunline Solaris T-264-SR
2012 Palomino Bronco 1500

TexasShadow

Spring Branch, TX USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

when we had the bounder (tiny bathroom) DH used the campground showers...I preferred the privacy over the added space.
Now we both use the endeavor's shower.

TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

crickeydog

Marietta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/06 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GoingPlaces wrote:

poll how many of you out there prefer to use the cg's shower rather than your own?!

Not no but HxxL NO. Who know's whose toe jam meat hooks with a scorching case of foot fungus and athlete's foot who pee's in the shower has been sloshing around in the CG showers. The germs in a CG shower mirror that of nuclear waste. Wearing flip flops just drags it all back into your camper! We paid $42,000 for our 5'er with a nice etched glass shower in it; I'm using it. We simply flip on both gas and electric to our 10 gal gas/electric DSI waterheater and we seem to always have an endless supply of hot water.

Having said that, please don't think I'm above using a CG bathhouse; I have many times over the years in the past; a long time ago!! When we tented we used the CG facilities. If you prefer to use the CG facilities, go for it; it's none of my business what you do. I was only responding to the original post. Once I figure out how to levitate 2" above the CG shower floor and commode, I promise I'll consider using them again!![emoticon]

Happy camping!!! See ya'll down the road!!![emoticon]

* This post was edited 05/07/06 03:12pm by crickeydog *

USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER

NYYYCEandEEEEZY

The Hudson Valley or Someplace Else

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/06 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have only used CG shower facilities on two occasions due to unusual/extraordinary circumstances. Always prefer the RV!

Robert AKA: EEEEZY

You can't get us confused. I'm also "Nice", but NYYYCE is Never "Easy"!

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I want a long hot shower with real water pressure I use the CG shower. I wear foot protection even in the cleanest showers and I will not use one that does not appear to be super clean

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Trailer Trash 2

Santa Fe Springs, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the CG showers, and always use flip flops to prevent itchie foot, but DW uses the RV's even thiough we have a 10 gal heater I give it all to her.

TT2

[image]

Red Wolf

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 09:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We we had our Popup, which had a small bathroom, we used the CG facilities most of the time. Like others, I prefer the higher pressure water.

Always walk there in my big bare feet, never have gotten any foot crud. (shrug)

* This post was edited 05/06/06 10:00pm by Red Wolf *

-Red

Big Bad Wolf - '02 Dodge Ram 2500HD 5.9 CTD / Prodigy / Putnam Class V / Reese 15k Pro
Wolf Den 3 - '14 Rockwood Signature Ultra Light 8280WS
Redwolf Journeys

jstar

DFW

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/06 09:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crickeydog wrote:

GoingPlaces wrote:

poll how many of you out there prefer to use the cg's shower rather than your own?!

Not no but HxxL NO. Who know's whose toe jam meat hooks with a scorching case of foot fungus and athlete's foot who pee's in the shower has been sloshing around in the CG showers. The germs in a CG shower mirror that of nuclear waste. Wearing flip flops just drags it all back into your camper! We paid $42,000 for our 5'er with a nice etched glass shower in it; I'm using it.

Happy camping!!! See ya'll down the road!!![emoticon]

"LMAO" Thats the truth, what are you guy's thinking paying all that money and then using public facilities. No way for me. I have two friends who wont use the commode in their RV and wont let the family except for #1 I can not belive it. That's like taking your RV on a trip and sleeping in a hotel bed, Yuk!!! Thats why I have an RV so I can sleep in my own bed and use my own bathroom and have all my stuff with me!

jstar

Husker Jerry

O'Neill, Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/06 09:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If campground bathhouses were as bad as some describe them, I reckon we'd all be dead of some horrible disease or infection - not to mention athletes foot. All a matter of personal opinion & preference. When practical I prefer the greater pressure & unlimited hot water of the campground shower. The wife wouldn't think of not using the shower in the TT. To each his/her own.

2001 Ford Excursion V 10
2003 Jayco Designer 31FKS
Twin Honda Eu2000 gen sets

cmprcountry

New Castle, Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/06 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can remember using a cg shower only once in the last 10 years or more. Sticks in my memory because it was SPOTLESS and close to my campsite. I had several very looooooooong hot showers. I have a very nice and roomy shower in my motorhome (very important when I bought it) so no need to worry about the cg shower conditions. Just for curiosity I usually check out the bathhouse at each cg but 99.99% of the time the bathhouse is HORRIBLE. That is why it is so nice to have my own clean bathroom with me.

Chip
06 Surf Side
model 29A
04 chevy astro van toad
Roadmaster Sterling towbar
BrakeBuddy

cmprcountry

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Poll: Do you use the cg's bathrooms?!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS