|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Lock problems FYI

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Lilybug808

Salt Lake City

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/06 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had the dead bolt lock on my 2006 cub 236 jam on me twice. I could not get the key to go all the way in and could not get the door unlocked. I have had to climb through the tent end and take apart the lock from the back side which is really no fun. I called my dealer to get it in and fixed and they told me this:
"For some reason the newer locks let you remove the key in the horizontal position which can jam the lock. Make sure you only remove the key when it is in the vertical position. If it becomes jammed put the key in as far as it will go and tap the end with a hammer until it goes in all the way. Move to vertical position and remove key."

It worked. He also mentioned he is seeing the issue with multiple brands not just the the cub. Hope I save someone a trip or a call to the dealer.........

2004 Toyota 4 runner 4X4 V8. 2006 Aerolite cub 236. 14' porta boat. Beautiful wife and daughter. Enough beer to convince my wife I am great........

llowllms

Crawford, Tn. USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/06 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is good information for those that it might apply. It's information such as this that helps everyone.

4HPYCMPRS

Niagara Falls, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/06 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lillybug808, thanks for the info. How 'bout a pic of your lock, and/or a brand name too. Thank-you Mark

'08 Chevy Avalanche LT3 6.0L (366hp) 4.10's
'12 Rockwood Signature 8312SS. Equalizer/P3
'06 Honda EU3000iS TomTom ONE 130-S GPS.
Me "> ('71), DW "> ('70), DD ">('01), DD "> ('04).
A wiseman once said "GIT-R-DONE" ">
'13 nights camped- 55

CAMPING PICS & MODS

GreatWhiteNorth

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/06 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happened to me, too, on our Starcraft. The brand is FIC, I believe. Last winter, my truck was broken into, and my stereo was swiped. The punks also took the spare keys to the trailer. So we called up the RV place where the trailer was being stored, and told then that if someone shows up pretending to be us, don't let them in. We also had them change the locks.

So when I got the trailer back in the spring, and after having a new set of keys cut, I encountered this very same problem. When the deadbolt keyslot is horizontal, the key comes out fine, but won't go back in. When it's vertical, no problem. One time, I had to deploy the bunk and climb in through the emergency exit. It's nice to know I can break into my own trailer without damaging anything....

BTW, if you're looking to get some spare keys made, but your local locksmith can't find the proper blanks, the locksmith I went to found out that the key blanks for "The Club" steering wheel lock work just fine.

[image]
[image]

Geoff & Kathy
Ranger (DDog)

'05 TravelStar 19CK -- '00 GMC Sonoma
Winnipeg, Manitoba -- 49.9° N 97.2° W
"I'm the lucky one; my wife married an idiot."

nikki1979

Greene, NY

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/06 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we picked up our 2005 Cub 236 last year none of the locks on the unit worked they were all frozen. This year we got a new unit and all of the locks worked. Thanks for the info I will have to remember this.

2009 Chevrolet 2500 4x4 Crew Cab
2009 Springdale
Maddison the fearless GSD

ilovecamping

IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/06 11:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are having problems with the reg door lock hanging up. When it got dark out DH got to looking from outside and light shows around our door and upon further investigation the door has warped. We are taking it in to dealer Tues morn and they will take pics of it and order new door. They are also fixing the water heater that will not work on gas but only on elec. They are fixing it while we wait-they said an hour or less. We have a couple of other issues they need to look at and take note to fix when time allows. We are to leave Wed ngt or early Thurs for Branson and want to have this fixed before we leave. They are pretty good at working with us as they and we have the time for it. We plan on camping LOTS and don't want it setting at the dealers waiting on parts.

Donna & Tom
2000 Suburban LT 1500
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2 DD's-grown
1DS-grown
3 DGD's
1 DGS
1 Pekineese

2008 ngts camped-63
2009 ngts camped-14
2010 ngts camped-21
2011 ngts camped-14
http://community.webshots.com/user/ilovecamping1?vhost=community

b-d_campers

Beaver Dam, WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/06 04:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the same problem with the deadbolt on my roo. I just don't use it. I only use the regular lock on the latch. I figure if they want to get in bad enough they're gonna find a way, regardless of what kind of camper you own.

Brian and the girls
2001 Silverado 1500, 5.3, tow pkg, 3.42's, 2wd
2005 Roo 233
equal-i-izer hitch, prodigy brake control

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Lock problems FYI
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.