|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Dog Adoption

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
lc51willy

Fulltime USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/06 11:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost my 8 year old German Shepherd to a hart attack, in Ca. while visting family on April 10,06. And when we got to Wi. May 12,06 for the summer to see family. I found PetFinder.com in the Popular Pet Topics post. And now have a very good 13 month old Siberian Husky and after two weeks of training will not leave my side, unless I say it is ok.
There where so many animals on the web site, I am sure if you need a friend this is the place to look.
Thank you for the Popular Pet Topics post.

Had Meeko for 2 months(he was from a private party on PF.com) He came with a kennel that was to big for the door in our 5er, so I cut it in four sections and reduced the size to fit in the back seat area of our MDT and got a new one smaller for him in CG's outside of 5er. He is doing very well on his obedience training. Now we are working on pulling my bicycle.

Larry & Kahty plus Meeko

* This post was edited 08/13/06 11:03pm by lc51willy *

USA TRAVELER
LC&KC
MOJO (Deceased 4/10/06)
2000 International 4700 CREWCAB 530 power/Full Air ride cab.
JAKE BRAKE/ Gvwr 23,500 Tow wt. 35,000lbs
40ft. Prowler AX6 4 Slides/Trail Air Pin Box/HughesNet dish (">

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/06 12:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

another satisfied "customer" [emoticon]

....RVSnowbird

ldj

south shore,ma

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 05:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was gonna post this question about petfinder. It looks good but,it's only been a week since we lost Molly. They have a black lab friend that I'd like to meet. My wife says I'm crazy. I miss my Molly, but it would be nice to have another friend to talk to.

2006 Cardinal TS33-LE
2001 GMC CC/8.1/Ally
Black Lab Molly-Ann (RIP)

webhannet

Southern Coastal Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/06 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please, do it now! There are so many dogs out there needing homes. Even though it seems early to start again, you have the home and the love to give right now.

I did have one complaint about Petfinder. There are a lot of "shelters" on there which are "no walls", and the dogs are housed elsewhere - they're acting as brokers of a sort. After an application process and other hurdles, you commit to a dog you haven't even seen or met - and there are significant fees.

Joy

Henderson KY 42420

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to your local Animal Shelter - you will probably find a new friend who is just waiting for you!! And you can meet & get acquainted before you leave together!! There are so many needy animals, it is heartbreaking. I have been working with our local shelter at weekly adoptathons - we are having a lot of adoptions but need more. Our shelter is working at being "no-kill" but we must have adoptions so we have room to house the animals. We have some foster homes, too, but not enough.

See ya' down the road!

Don-SCPO USN Ret.Corpsman
Joy-Ret.Off.Mgr.
Maggie-Chihuahua
Chrissie-Chihuahua
Lucy-Jack/Rat
'06 42' Allegro Bus DP
'06 Saturn Vue

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you made a 'pet connection'. Do post a picture of the new addition to your family. [emoticon]

Regarding PetFinder.com anyone using this website should do their homework and make sure that the dog is coming from an accredited rescue org or licensed local shelter.
Ask for their credentials.

Puppy mills and unscrupulous people are sadly using this site also, so 'please' beware and ask questions before committing to adopting off this site.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

TTBeachBum

Landlocked!!!!!!!!! :O

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 09:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Petfinder is where we fell in love with Axel's face. It was a great 4 years buddy! I highly recommend Petfinder!

[image]

[image]
[image]

* This post was edited 06/10/06 09:48am by an administrator/moderator *

snowhawkwoman

Lyons, KS

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pet Finders is great - but you do jump thru a lot of hoops and like was said - some are from puppy mills. Go to your local shelter - there are a lot of loving dogs waiting for homes (or do like I do - have a big sign on the front of your car "soft hearted female driver inside - please step up out of the ditch so you can be rescued!") Maggie Mae (the lovable black lab "side of the highway" rescue dog) is due to drop pups any day now - she is miserable!!! I figure tonight or tomorrow at the latest - her teats are already full of milk!
So if anyone wants a pup - keep Maggie in mind!! I'll even drive across Kansas at the end of July to deliver pups!! (then Maggie gets spade!!!) Of course we don't have a clue as to "what kind of pups" they are going to be - but will post pictures of them as they grow - I can't wait to see them (and I'm sure Maggie can't wait either!!!) Of course the pregnancy hasn't slowed her down as far as "traveling" - she rode to town with me today - jumps right up into the pickup truck (but has to squirm now to get from under the steering wheel and up into the seat) and I had to move the RV today so DH could mow - maggie jumped right up into the co-pilot seat!! This dog LOVES to go!!

"> Snowhawkwoman
"> Big Owl
"> dogs Xena,Phoebe,Spooker,Skippy,Zoe,Taz
"> Punky - the amazing insane Rving Squirrel
1997 Fleetwood Jamboree 29'
The traveling Zoo!

ScarlettintheSouth

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 10:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss. We've adopted 2 furbabies, well, DH & I adopted a mixed cocker/lhasa 7 yrs ago - Muffin. Our 18 yr old DD adopted a mixed Chocolate Lab in January. I'm not sure that DH is going to let Wrangler (she has a Jeep Wrangler) go with her when/if she ever moves out!! We took him camping 2 wks ago & he was GREAT!!! I love being his Nana!!

See Ya Around the Campfire!
Nancy & Jeff
DS-Garrett-14 loves Fishing & XBox 360!
Muffin-11 yr old Cocker Spaniel
Shadow-Black Lab puppy born 6/11/08
2008 Keystone Passport 280BH
2007 Ford Expedition (TV)
2004 Mustang Convertible (My Mid-life crisis)

mincey

GA

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/06 10:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lc51willy wrote:

now have a very good 13 month old Siberian Husky and after two weeks of training will not leave my side, unless I say it is ok.

THANK YOU so much for rescuing a Siberian. I would love to see a photo! And thank you for training!! Sounds like you have a wonderful fur-baby! I am also a Siberian owner, and am a member of a local breed club. I am not a show-dog person, my Sibe is just a pet, but I have learned a tremendous amount about the breed and have become a Siberian Husky afficiando and will probably always have one. Our club also works with a local Siberian rescue group to try and find forever homes for these pooches. One of our members has seven (yes SEVEN) Siberians - and all are rescues! And they are the most loving pooches.

Here's a picture after one of our hikes:
[image]
The one in the middle is actually a Malamute, but we let Dakota sneak in with the Siberians [emoticon]

Cheryl and Randall
Mackenzie Queen of Clubs, CGC
2006 T@B
2005 Toyota Highlander

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Dog Adoption
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.