RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fourth (B4) RV.net Class B rally ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Fourth (B4) RV.net Class B rally ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 22  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
J.Wook

Front Royal, VA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although I hate to admit it :o, Marty's thoughts about Florida in the summer ring true [lived there, experienced that]:(. I'd also go for the Smokies, especially if Handbasket could find the "perfect' spot! Heck, I'd go anywhere that I could reach from Northern Virginia by driving from COB on Thursday 'till Happy Hour on Friday!! Since we Virginians [u]drafted[/u] the Declaration and the Constitution, I will even agree to abide by majority rule.:B John

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

John & Waltraud
1989 Class B InterVec Falcon 190 SLF (Ford E-250, 351 cid) "Wagon Lit"
backup is '81 Jeep Scrambler
starting point: Northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Marty the Mutt Mom

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/06 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[quote=J.Wook]Although I hate to admit it :o, Marty's thoughts about Florida in the summer ring true [lived there, experienced that]:(.[/quote] John, does it really bother you that much to agree with me on something? :B :p You notice there are no apostrophes in this post! ;) (Sorry, inside joke, folks; that is why you should be sure and make it to the Rallies!) Marty

J.Wook

Front Royal, VA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's jus' keep 'em wonderin' Marty!

John

sizzy

St Petersburg, Fl,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only good time to camp in Florida is the winter. It would be way too hot here in the summer months for most. The Smokeys sound great to me also. Or maybe somewhere off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Kathy with Sparkles and Ellie (the camping dogs)"> "> ">
2002 Pleasureway Traverse

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ennajean wrote:

I assume this is open to anyone owning a B or planning on owning one by next year. Hope to get ours next spring. Would be interested in joining in if possible....
Anne

Absolutely, it's open to all B's old, new, gas, or diesel.

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi would work for us. Pretty much any date would work for us, except September 1 thru December 31. College football, you know. [especially Va Tech football] :B :W I'd say a Florida rally would have to be in late winter or early spring. Anywhere in the highlands of NC, VA, or PA would work also. For selfish reasons, something in upper Michigan would be good also. We could visit our daughter & son-in-law outside of Dearborn on the way up. :D

ibthebest

Boone,IA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeRT04 wrote:

Normandy Farms Campground in Foxboro, MA,

Joe attached the facts about his campground, which really helps. It certainly looks like a nice place, but then for $60 a night, it should![emoticon]

I really hope we can get a little farther west than the East Coast. A nice, clean campground where we can get together at night by the campfire and swap stories about ourselves and even some of the more interesting, shall we say "characters" who write on this forum. Lynne and I had a great time doing this on B1. I think nothing is better than watching a fire with friends ( unless it is 90 degrees) (like B3). Something to do or see on the way in or the way home is great but all I need is my B Friends (old and new) at the rally.

Michael

Me "atmybest" age 4

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/06 09:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, here's a campground that is in the NC mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has the necessary facilities, and reasonable rates. Not near any big cities, but in a beautiful area that has a lot of places to go nearby before/after. It is in the northwest county of North Carolina which happens to be Ashe County.

Just some of the things to do nearby:

Area is accessible from I-40, I-77, and I-81 with some mountain driving from those Interstates. I've been at this campground and it is nice. We haven't parked our RV there but we did check it out last year as one of the dump stations available when we come back from a trip in our LTV. I did tent camp there about 30 years ago, so it has been there a long time and been updated nicely.

It is about 120 miles from Asheville via the Blue Ridge Parkway (3:15 approx. driving time) or US highways.

And we might be able to get some friends to do a real NC pig pickin' on Saturday night.

Just some grist for the mill... Bring on the other suggestions.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

charles

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/06 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about the Lake Erie Island areas of Ohio, such as Sandusky, Port Clinton, etc. Late May is hit and miss nice weather about the same as B-2 was. The Islands are a short "walk on" or if you wish "drive on" short ferry boat ride away there is history as well as a Party atmosphere on the Islands, there are golf car rentals as well as bicycle rentals available. Lake Erie can leave a lasting impression especially on a windy day. I'm not 100% sure but the ferry might well be pet friendly, I could check into that as well as the names of the local campgrounds. Also, in Sandusky, is Cedar Point if you want to spend an extra day to visit this King of Coaster attraction.

Nick & Chris

2019 Thor Chateau 22B

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/06 12:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nick & Chris,

Another good suggestion. [emoticon]

Please check into the CG's facilities and cost, then post a link for the one you think is the best.

We are still looking!!! [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

MORE suggestions! More suggestions! More suggestions?

Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 22  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Fourth (B4) RV.net Class B rally ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.