RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Forum Posting Help and Support: Profile and Signature Pictures

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Profile and Signature Pictures

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/24/06 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Profile Pictures:
Profile pictures are uploaded to the RV.Net server. Access your Profile by clicking on "My Forums" and on the left in the middle bar will be "My Profile". Click on it, sign in and you will see what can be added where you see the word "Browse".

1. Personal picture should not exceed 100kb in a .jpg or .gif file format, 640 pixels in width and 480 pixels in height. This space is provided for a picture of yourself, family, etc. For your picture to display properly, it should be landscape rather than portrait. After uploading, unless a small picture, it will be a slightly larger than a thumbnail format with a "click to enlarge" feature.

2. "Rig" picture also should not exceed 100kb in a .jpg or .gif file format, 640 pixels in width and 480 pixels in height. For your picture to display properly, it should be landscape rather than portrait and this will show full size in your profile.

Note: see the procedures in creating panorama or multiple picture sequence in Resized, Panorama and multiple picture signatures as they also apply to both Personal and "Rig" pictures as well. They do however, have to be within the 100kb, 640 pixel width and 480 pixel height profile picture limits.

Uploading Procedure
Click on "Browse" of either Personal or Rig picture which will open a window of folders within your computer. Find the picture you wish to upload and double click on it.

Uploading a second picture to an existing one will automatically replace it. To remove a picture, click on Delete.

To see your completed profile, click on "View your profile page" at the bottom of the page which will open it in a new window. When done, click on "Submit Changes".

Note: No inappropriate pictures or graphics will be allowed and any such pictures will be removed. Also, the server will not accept animated pictures in Profiles.

Signature Pictures
Signature pictures are also uploaded to the RV.Net server. Access it by clicking on your My Forums at the top right and then on the left in the links bar, your "My Preferences" and sign in.

They cannot exceed 500 pixels in width, 100 pixels in height or 30kb files size and must be in either a .jpg or .gif format.

There are many ways to create a custom signature picture such as explained in Resized, Panorama and multiple picture signatures.

Uploading Procedure
Click on "Browse" near the top in your Preferences page. That will open a window of folders within your computer, find the picture and double click on it.

Only one picture can be uploaded and a second picture will automatically replace the existing one. To remove a picture, click on Delete.

When done, scroll to the bottom and click on "Submit Changes".

Signature changes will show in all past, present and future posts. You need only go to your profile or a recent post to verify your changes.

Also, signatures will show only once per topic page view in all forums except this one of Forum Technical Support where it will repeat with each post unless you uncheck "Append my signature" when posting.

got2camp

Winston-Salem, N.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/06 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I followed the rules and resized my picture. I then uploaded the pic through my profile. I got a positive response and then I viewed my profile. All that was in place of my pic was a red x. The same thing happened to me when I tried to add a map of states visited to my signature. I need help!!!!

Thanks!

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/24/06 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

be patient, it sometimes takes a little time to work it's way into the server. The fact that you got the response that it was accepted is a good sign.

I don't see a signature picture in your profile so the sooner you post it, the sooner it will "take"...... ok?

....RVSnowbird

doc.herb

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/06 03:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RE: Siganture Pics: "They cannot exceed 500 pixels in width, 100 pixels in height or 30kb files size and must be in either a .jpg or .gif format."

Any suggestions as to how I can obtain a picture of this size from my camera (general advice), or downsize a picture already residing on my hard drive, so that I can upload it?
Thanks.

Fulltiming since 09/06. Me and her.
'06 Chevy 3500 D/A, Crew, LB, DRW, 4x4, AirSprings, Double-leaf SuperSprings, Rancho 9000X, Hellwig Anti-Sway, XM Radio
'06 OKanagan 116 TC (2 slides), solar, satellite, Direct TV, Onan genset, Laptop w/ AirCard

pulsar

Lewisville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/06 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a link to RVSnowbird's tutorial Resized, Panorama and multiple picture signatures that explains how to resize a picture using the free program, IrFanView. There is a link in the tutorial for downloading the program.

Alternately, Dick (RVSnowbird) and I have standing offers to resize pictures. Send either of us a PM and we'll give you a an email address to which you can send the picture.

Note: I've already responded to the PM you sent me. I'll respond again and include an email address.

Tom

Prncess

Woodstock

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/07 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do you get the picture of states visited???

mirrorfinishman

Williamstown, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/07 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same question. How do you get the picture of states visited?

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/07 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

see Add a Visited States to your Signature by egrove.

Three sizes are available but make sure you check the box for the smallest size as that is the maximum height for a signature picture of 100 pixels and save it in the ".jpg" file format.

RVSnowbird

mirrorfinishman

Williamstown, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/07 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is neat. Thanks for the fast reply!!!

WV Camper

Salem, WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/07 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have changed ny picture in my preferences, but the old one is still showing up. Help?

Mike , Elissa, Daisy the Mutt, and Delilah the camp dog 2007 Rockwood 8280SS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Profile and Signature Pictures
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.