RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 45  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
hit&miss

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/07 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hit&miss I have a couple fairbanks morse engines and we go to some of the antique engine shows. I convinced DW that I could not back the trailer into show areas with our Prevost bus conversion so that is how we got the truck camper.

Now the real story from the dw, I didn't just fall for his line, but it is to my advantage to let him think I did. So he can have his toys. and my screen name is sweetie.

BigFrosty

Bend,Or

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/07 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stole the name years ago on a gaming site. Also the first thing I want when I arrive at the current camp site.

* This post was edited 04/07/07 11:05pm by BigFrosty *

2006 Dodge BigHorn CTD, SRW, 35X12.5 TOYO MT, LINE X
2007 LANCE 1055 LOADED
2006 CUSTOMWELD STORM
SHAR-PEI "JACK" (MEATHEAD)

Mousefart

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/07 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, I actually recieved a PM asking me to come here and "explain myself" since I don't frequent the TC forum.

I think the first time I heard the term "Mousefart" was in the movie Shawshank Redemption when the prison guard told the inmates "I don't want to hear so much as a mouse fart in here or there will be "heck" to pay!" I needed a name to be anonimous while surfing so that was it.

The reasoning behind it is because I have a benign lower GI condition that tends to make me excessively "gassy". [emoticon] "Mousefart" makes a good oxymoron for that condition. [emoticon]

Those who are too embarassed to use my full nickname often just call me "Mouse". That's fine too. [emoticon]

I have had a member here complain about my nick to the moderators and asked that they force me to change it. Thank God the moderators aren't THAT uptight!

On the other hand, I was beta tester for a sofware company a couple of years back. I used Mousefart as my nickname on their public forums too. I told them that maybe I had better pick a different nickname since I was representing the company and some people might be offended. The CEO of the company refused to let me change it because he thought it was too darned funny. "Mousefart" is even listed in the back of the manual as one of the beta testers. [emoticon]

Maybe I should name my RV "Mouse House"?

Hmm, my mom recently got a cat (well, it adopted her) and named it "Mouse" (seriously). She is unaware of my "Mousefart" online nickname. Maybe oxymorons just run in the family?

fuimus

North Tonawanda, NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/07 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
The Bruce Clan

F-250SD 5.4ltr
FS2500 WW
2007 Grizzly 350 IRS Auto. 4x4 (Mine)
2007 Grizzly 350 IRS Auto. 4x4 (Wifes)
2007 Grizzly 350 Auto. 4x4 (Son)

hcpgrammy

Jackson, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/07 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grandson's initials are HCP[emoticon]

Happy trails...

gbutala

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/07 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gbutala was this guy who grew up in a mining village until the mines went bust. He moved to Colorado to stabilize his life. He has lived there for 17 years now and is a great inspiration to me and hopefully his wife and kids, dogs.

Wheretonext

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/07 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wheretonext is really self-explanatory, although "next" isn't happening often enough for our liking!

Wheretonext
04 Dodge Laramie, 3500, 4x4,Diesel, SRW, LB
Firestone Riderite airbags, Rancho 9000's, Torklift tiedowns with Fast Guns. 05 SNOWBIRD 9.6, all weather pkg, A/C, Onan gen.

MADWAA

Cheyenne, WY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/07 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

- middle aged dude with an attitude--

I retired from the USAF in '95 and promptly went to enroll at UW. Naively thought I was done with the bureaucracy. HA - try to xfer credits from 3 junior colleges and another university to the current school; after days of fooling with administrators-- not to mention the VA benefits "counsellor," I was all in. THEN, some 15-year-old instructor wanted each of her students to get on the University network-- and I had to pick a nickname. Given that I was a bit miffed-- and no longer a young sprite--

All that, and here I are today! [emoticon]

T Harris
06 F350 DRW, kingranch crewcab,6.0 diesel, 13K GVWR, Firestone bags, TorkLift w/fastguns, 2005 Snowriver 10.7

TumbleweedKen

Lake Ouachita, AR , Ouachita National Forest

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/07 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well...in the last eleven years I've owned seven different properties, every one was "where I was going to settle down" I've only owned this one for eight months and I'm climbing the walls for a buyer to come along and take it off of my hands. So, "TumbleweedKen" seemed fitting. Which ever way the wind blows is fine by me. When I go fulltime, this time, I'm determined to keep it that way!!

Happy Trails
T-Ken

2001 Ram 3500 DRW SLT Quad Cab
Cummins, 4x2 Auto, 3:55s LSD
K+N Air, 5000# Air Lifts, Rancho
9000s, Camper/Tow Packages, Linex
Liner, Dark Garnet Red

2001 Lance 1121 Truck Camper
4600# Wet and ready to go

My Truck Camper Travel Photos

trapperdick

Bridgton,Me.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/07 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My name is Dick, guess what I do for one of my many hobbies.......Old soldiers, thankyou for you service to our country...

TD
320 MP Battalion
Co B
1961-1969

lion

OLDER AND BOLDER,,,,,N1ATF
Ford F-350 Dually Diesel, Lance 9SC, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 12 ft Hallmark trailer and Skeeter the camping beagle ">.........

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 45  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What's behind the name? Screen name that is.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.