|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> "Rescue Us" Pet Stickers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/06 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this was covered before but didn't turn up in search and maybe it should have. The same member that has that window cat cage also has this sticker on her door:
[image]
She said she got hers at PetSmart but I'm sure they are available at most pet supplies. Anybody else have one?

....RVSnowbird

webhannet

Southern Coastal Maine

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/06 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a different version from Petco. It has spaces to list the numbers of dogs and, or cats - it's made of static cling plastic which is easily removed and reused - reverse printed to be placed inside a window or door window. I removed part of it to reduce the blockage of the window.

Chuck&Gail

In the Colorado Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/06 10:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Poppy posted about these stickers. Sounded like a great idea so I ordered a few. Got them, and I am impressed. Really quality work. They have them for all kinds of cats and dogs. I put one on window of each outside door, and one on the outside electrical panel (required by code here, just has a switch in it to kill all power in house) since that is the first place firemen go if your house catches fire. I then have one left for the HTTTH door.

http://www.greatpetstuffonline.com/home.php?cat=0

Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

Fulltimers

Anywhere, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/06 10:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I talked to a Fireman that said these stickers/signs mean nothing to them. They are not going to risk their life or others rescuing your pet. Their main concern is to put the fire out and protect the surrounding from burning.

Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog
2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

Hoops

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 05:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bet that fireman was specking of should do's, because I have seen too many firemen rescue pets from burning homes here in the Indy area alone. We have one on our trailer to let someone know there is a pet inside.

Hoops

The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

Intheloonybin

Twin Cities, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It does not hurt to put the stickers on, in case a fireman will get the pets out.

But like fulltimer said, alot of them will not go in looking for pets. My father-in-law is a fireman, and echoed this.

HVAC/R tech.
2006 GMC Envoy XL 4.2 I6 1999 Coleman Niagara
2 Great girls 19 and 17
1 Great wife
1 Wonderful Goldendoodle

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 09:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The decal website I mentioned before is:
Pet Safety Decals

We often are at the scene of housefires, after the fact, and have seen firefighters gently consoling the owners of deceased pets. They tell us that dogs and cats will often hide under beds or in closets when they see fire or smell smoke. That pretty generally precludes any rescue.

Of course, no firefighter is going to risk his/her life searching for a pet but there are cases when the fire is reported so early that it might be possible. A dog, for instance, may respond to a whistle or being called. Or the animal might be close to a window, looking for help. There have been photos in a local newspaper, of firefighters administring oxygen to a pet.

Suppose there were an earthquake or flood and you were not home? The same decal might alert authorities or neighbors that your pets need help. Might help, won't hurt, that's the way I see it.

Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

CA POPPY

Santa Clarita, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An article I found, there are many:

Firefighters learn to revive pets

Also note that at our recent huge wildland "Day" fire that started on Labor Day and lasted more than a month, a trained disaster dog spent the last two weeks providing stress relief for the firefighters who were on breaks at a tent city for feeding and rest. That dog, another Bailey, went around and visited and enjoyed the company of the exhausted men and women. Ideas about pets are a'changing...

RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/06 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Judy and I'll add your post to the Popular Pet Topics and FAQ collection.

....RVSnowbird

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/06 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the removal plastic stick on ones. I have them placed on the MH AND the SUV. It has a line for who to call also. Not something you'd want to think about but if you are knocked out or die. Rescue can make a call or forward the number to the shelter regarding the pets in the event of an accident.

This was brought up at our EMT meetings and for 'MANY' reasons, firemen, police and EMT's DO welcome the notification of how many and what kind of pets are in a home during an emergency BEFORE they open the door. They advocate pet stickers in the window of the front door in homes and windows of a vehicle.

IMHO a 'good thing' for all RV'ers to have. [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> "Rescue Us" Pet Stickers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.