|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> air levelers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
NCHornet1

Mt. Airy, NC.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/25/07 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

just gitt'n by wrote:

I have found another mgf that makes a better leveling bag. I think there a better design. Check out the website, Ive been using them for a year and a half.. Any questions let me know.. [emoticon]

http://www.levelingsolutions.com

Sorry I prefer the levelairs much better. I don't like one large pillow, lots of extra material that doesn't need to be there, which means lots of extra time to inflate. Those bags are 24" wide, what for? The tire is less than 8". Because of the size it looks sloppy to me when inflated. Not sure of what the material is but the levelairs are made of some really, really heavy thick material. I made an adaptor that fills both my bags at the same time so having one bag doesn't speed anything up for me. Plus they want more money for the one large bag than I paid for both of my levelairs. Sorry, but if it works for you great!! That's all that matters, but I still feel the levelairs were the best airbag made.

2000 Ford F350 4X4 PSD,CC, DRW
4:10's, BTM Muffler, Isspro Gauges,
Coolant Filter,CCV Mod
FTVB , Ford AIS
6.0 Cooler,SCT2 W/DP's 40 tow & 80 econo,Zoodad mod
2005 Keystone Hornet 30BHSS
Reese Dual Cam
Family of 4 saved by Grace!!!
MY TRUCK
OUR TRAILER

just gitt'n by

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/07 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCHornet1 wrote:

just gitt'n by wrote:

I have found another mgf that makes a better leveling bag. I think there a better design. Check out the website, Ive been using them for a year and a half.. Any questions let me know.. [emoticon]

http://www.levelingsolutions.com

Sorry I prefer the levelairs much better. I don't like one large pillow, lots of extra material that doesn't need to be there, which means lots of extra time to inflate. Those bags are 24" wide, what for? The tire is less than 8". Because of the size it looks sloppy to me when inflated. Not sure of what the material is but the levelairs are made of some really, really heavy thick material. I made an adaptor that fills both my bags at the same time so having one bag doesn't speed anything up for me. Plus they want more money for the one large bag than I paid for both of my levelairs. Sorry, but if it works for you great!! That's all that matters, but I still feel the levelairs were the best airbag made.

I hear ya but if they were the best why don't they still make them?

04 Suburban LT
05 Rockwood 2701ss

bvail

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/07 12:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those are great. Does driving over the channel with the tires ruin anything?

1997 Fleetwood Bounder
2008 Harley FLHTCUI anniversary edition

JEBar

Willow Springs, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/07 03:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NCHornet1 wrote:

The original maker of Levelairs is no longer making them, and that is a loss for all of us because he was a really great guy and this was his idea that he made a reality. Guy's bags were very high quality and worth every nickel I paid for them.

I didn't realize he was no longer in business ... did he sell out to another company or are they no longer available?

Jim

'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS

NCHornet1

Mt. Airy, NC.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/07 04:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do you assume because he is no longer in business it was a quality issue? I promise you it is a very, very rare possibility it had anything to do with a quality issue. I have a set, do you? They are much higher than anything on this post, so far!! It was a small operation, just a couple men, so I am thinking illness or retirement. I will call today and see what I can find. I always hoped he would end up selling the idea to a large company like Camco who could mass produce them and have them in all the RV stores. I think the price would drop to around $99 a pair which would be a great price and I believe folks would buy them. If you haven't used them, you have no idea how wonderful they are. Guy is also a top notch fella, and I pray he is OK. Hey maybe he will sell me the patent!!jking!!

digdug73

Mountain Home Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/07 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone who uses this product had any leaks? It seems that a leak could potentially ruin the chassis and leveling jacks when all the weight shifts to the corners.

Doug, Wendy, Mason & Mitchell and Nike (Black Lab)
Jayco JayFlight 27BH
2004 F150 SuperCab 5.4L 4WD

dalehelman

Liberty Lake (Spokane) Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/07 01:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used the channel because it is stronger, no flexing between bolts. It also protects nut and bolt heads from damage. The tire pressure is distributed over the entire width not just the on nuts and bolts. The tires can easily roll over the 1 1/4" ends.

Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> air levelers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.