|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outside shower made a bit more useful

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like our outside shower but it is a bit limiting because of the short length of the hose, we like to rinse off Spot before he goes into the camper and sometimes a full blown bath.

Since I could not find longer hoses in stores I just modified mine, It now reaches well past the opposite side of the camper. It is now a bit over 20' long. Why so long? Spot behaves much better while getting a bath when he is on a bench and it also makes it easier for us not to have to bend down so far.

I forgot to get a photo while using it so the will have to do.

[image]

And yes, all that hose does fit inside. With our camper you push the hose up into the opening at the top of the compartment, it's open inside with lots of room behind the shower.

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

Testudo

Germantown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 11:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another modification I would suggest is to replace the shower handset with a cheap trigger operated garden spray head. Having one with a revolving stream modifier is useful for various stream applications. The trigger spray control conserves water better than the handset control.

To make the modification, all you need is a brass WATTS #A-663 male hose to MIP adapter (3/4" x 1/2"). This item is available in practically any hardware store.

Testudo & Princesse Caribou
2012 FORD F-250 6.2L 4x4 EC SB SRW
2006 FORD F-250 5.4L manual trans (Sniff! Gone but not forgotten!)
2006 OUTFITTER SUPER-Caribou 6.5

Tinner

Holland, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good job, think I'll modify mine.

Gun Control - Hitting Ones Target
Tinner

belairbrian

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/06 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we got ours the outside shower was nearly worthless. Took the spray head off to find a restrictor hole about 1/16 inch across molded in. A 3/8 drill opened it up and now it actually works.

TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison
2010 Chaparral 268RLE
Reese 16K Slider Hitch, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

BobTowne

Fairfield, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/06 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our outside shower seems to be fine. We don't need the added length of hose, but we do add privacy by erecting our Outback Porta Privy (about $40) adjacent to the shower door. It's got an opening for the shower head to come through, a couple of ties to tie up the shower head (like in a real shower), waterproof pockets for things one needs to keep dry, and it's "pop-up" style, so it's really easy to put up and to stow.

GreatWhite
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Quadcab Dually
2004 Alpenlite Santa Fe 1150

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My girlfriend is the same way. Misbehaves badly when you bathe her, scratches, claws, tries to get out of the tub. Gets water all over the place.

This might work better for me.

Oh, I suppose I should mention that girlfriend is what my youngest boy named ourWestie puppy. Wouldn't want to give anyone any crazy ideas--then again[emoticon][emoticon]

xp8103

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/06 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put a shower head holder (like the one on the inside) on the outside, above the back driver's side taillight. With an extended hose, I can stand on my back deck and shower. I also installed a shut-off valve because my OE shower head leaked, even when the little button was pushed to the off position. It works slick now.

Nik
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD "Outdoorsman"
CC, LB 4x4, SRW, 6-spd Auto, 3.73LSD, Timbrens, TorkLifts and HappiJac QwikLoads

2005 Lance 1010

Member - Cape Lookout Mobile Sportfishermen

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outside shower made a bit more useful
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS