RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Fla. Campgrounds

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
boxerlady

Titusville, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/02 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

check out state park in Pembrooke Pines area
of Ft Lauderdale, very nice, large site and
the do accept small dogs. Had friends staying
there and it was a lovely place on the lake
Boxerlady
Md

newbee

Mobile,AL

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/02 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am curious about opinions on visits to springs in Florida. I went to the website www.floridasprings.com and so far have seen some good pictures at Ginny Springs and Cypress Springs. The State Parks pictures leave much to be desired. Any opinions on these? I want to go on our way down to Disney World, so don't want to be too far out of the way. I want crystal clear water and to be very close by, walking distance. Thank you for all answers and advice! Christy

zip0

NY

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/02 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks All,
Unstuck The reason I picked Racoon lake in Kissimmee is that they say they are 3 Mi's to disney and are $16 full hookup per night. Thank you for your sugestion anyway. Its nice to see so many helpful fellow campers their out their. We have been camping since weve been married (20yr). first 15 in tent, next 4 in popup, and now we have our TT. during that time we have seen many good people, but also many rude and obnoxious ones. We like to think that they are not real campers. Thanks again to all.

Jeff

" A day without camping is....WORK"

2003 Bounder 35R
3 Jack Russell's

Bee Keeper

Jax, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/02 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess if you are going to Kissimmee, you must be planning to go to Walt Disney World. I'm born and raised in Jax, Florida and still cannot take the Florida heat/humidity in July and August. If you have not been here during those two months, be warned that it can be miserable here.

Have you considered Ft. Wilderness in WDW? As with all of Disney, it is well above average, but expect to pay for it.

If you are coming down I-95, consider stopping along A1A just north of St. Augustine. Beach front camping at Northbeach is supposed to be great. We have only had our camper of couple of weeks, but the consensus in Jax., is that North Beach is a must see campground. A1A is also a must more scenic drive than I-95 along the Florida coast - but slower.

Bee Keeper, Queen Bee, & Three little Bees
OurBeehive: 2000 Coleman Santa Fe Behind the Big Blue 'Burb.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.