|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Caulk Recommendations from Lance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
wsdepa

Raleigh, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/07 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the subject of recaulking comes up quite abit on this forum, I thought that I would paste the email I just got from Lance on the subject in the space below. Lance, to their great credit, has always thoroughly and promptly answered my email questions and the following is a good example.
---------------------

Mr. (my real name)

The sealant used on your camper is called Geocell MHRV2300. You can purchase this from any Lance Dealer, part number MC114 This is a white sealant used on the exterior sides, Moldings,doors and any seams. You will also need Geocell Clear, part number MC115 this is used around your windows and any seam area needing a clear seal.

Removal of the old sealant. You will need Mineral Spirits or Naphtha to clean the sealant you will be removing. Then you will need a plastic scraper to remove the old sealant. Clean the area once again, let dry and with a regular caulking gun you can re-apply the new sealant. When applying the sealant do not use your finger to smooth out the caulk. If you must smooth out, use a piece of an ice-cube to do the re-tooling.

For your roof seams and vent areas you will need a Dicor Sealant. part number MA125 This is for the TPO Roof. Other sealants can attack and degrade your TPO roof. The Dicor Sealant is also used in a caulking gun.

If you have further questions please contact me.

Sincerely,

Doug Means
Customer Service
Lance Camper Mfg. Corp.
dougm@lancecamper.com
661/949-3322 ext. 255
1-800-423-7996 ext. 255

2006 F-350 S/C 6.0 DRW 4x4 3.73, 2005 Lance Max 981, most options. Camped 49 states and all Canadian Provences(cept Labrador). 100,000 miles and 500 plus nights of TCing.
http://truckntravels.blogspot.com/

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/07 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good info. I added the thread to the TCU help thread.

Thanks,
Brad

EdFil

Sarasota, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/07 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The use of a ice cube is a new one on me. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the post. Ed

Ed and Fran

2005 F-350 Lariat Xcab DRW 6.0 Diesel
2006 Lance 1191

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Caulk Recommendations from Lance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS