|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
lopakamac

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/07 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would greatly appreciate being informed of any future B Rallys.
THANKS!

Bob & Shaaron
U.S. Army, Retired
2006 Roadtrek 210 Popular
Life Member Good Sam

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/07 08:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since no QB has emerged and the CVC forum is again in the search and find mode, I will add my 2 cents. Last year, we used a hunt and look system for finding suitable campgrounds and had to search the forum threads for the rally search topic. Last year many CVC members were off line and the available rally sites filled up quickly. This year Roger put the location search as a sticky, which has been wonderful. We have yet to vote and register for B5.

I would like to see a B Rally website as an ongoing sticky where we can quickly find pertinent rally information, even if we are traveling, off line for awhile, or using our 30 minutes allocation at the nearby library. The rally attendees have built up a large bank account, $1,945.07, some of which could be used to purchase webspace and establish an ongoing rally site. AsheGuy has established a format which is easy to navigate and might be willing to be our ongoing webmaster and purchase the webspace, no matter who is the organizer. This site could also be used for voting and registering. Roger has agreed to sticky the Class B Rally website, if the CVC forum thinks this is a good idea.

As the second Queen Bee (QB2) and due to some of the comments from the B4 attendees, I decided to not only post my $.02 , but also put on my flak jacket. When GGup volunteered to be the organizer for B5, I thought the organizational plan was in place. That meant everyone could search for a site, vote and go. That didn't happen. Since I was leaving and an organizer was not in place, I asked the B4 planning team for suggestions on how to make the rally selection, information and voting available for all. We can thank Roger for the “conversation” sticky. He has also agreed to sticky a website if the CVC members think this would be a good idea.

The CVC forum members are awesome and having an organization plan and on-going site to find past and current photos and rally information, would make communication easier and quicker. The CVC forum thread has a willing, knowledgeable, experienced, retired webmaster available to keep those interested in the B rallies informed. It should be done.

Ok let it fly.

Sally

Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/07 08:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

During B4 I was asked the responsibilities of the rally organizer(Queen Bee). Due to the current planning and change over of organizer and no QB has yet to emerge, I decided the CVC forum B rally members might like to know QB description as done the last 2 years. The future rally organizer can make the rally as simple or as complicated as they like.

B4 was held at a location decided by the forum participants and had both a CG coordinator and QB. Having a CG coordinator near the CG facilitated reservations, set up, and meal planning. B3 did not require a CG coordinator as meals were provided, there was no need for set up, and each attendee made their reservations directly with the CG. The B3 location was decided because no one else volunteered. The rally date was all that was left in May.

The QB has been the rally organizer, wagon master, trail boss and CEO. Due to the size of the B4 rally a B4 Planning Team (GGup, burchbark, ak'sdestiny, Marty the Mutt Mom, NJHeart, Irishmist & AsheGuy) was created to assist in making decisions, problem solving and attending to the details during the rally.

The QB solicited sponsors for auction items, arranged shipping or transported items to the rally, mailed thank you letters, purchased plastic name tag holders, purchased lanyards, developed and printed the schedule, found volunteer assistants, paid bills and reported the finances in the B rally program.

Once again, the rally can be as simple or as complicated as the QB organizer decides. It really is a lot of fun. Who is next?

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/07 04:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ok my two cents. Last years organization of the rally was awesome. As never been to a rally was not sure what to expect but it more than exceeded our expectations. The committee did an awesome job.

I love the idea of a web site with all the B5 info on it. Just one place to go to get all the information that we would need. Last years web page was great.

And as for a committee to handle all the details a great idea. I think those who have been involved with handling rallies are the most knowledgeable to do this job. Us newbies have no idea what is all involved and is great to have people in charge that know what is going on and how to handle problems if they arise.

I thought GGup (Gary) was the new Queen Bee/or what ever the male version of a QB would bee....
So I would guess the first thing would be to find out for sure who is the Queen Bee.
Then get the voting in on campground and date of the B5 Rally. Or was the date set for the weekend before Memorial Day?

Anne

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/07 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ennajean wrote:

So I would guess the first thing would be to find out for sure who is the Queen Bee.
The "Queen Bee" is the person who volunteers to be the organizer in the location that they, themselves, have nominated...so...Jim would be the "Queen Bee"if Ohio is chosen, I would be the "Queen Bee" if Cape May is chosen, etc.

The "Queen Bee" would be responsible for developing the rally schedule and for making all arrangements with the help of as many volunteers that they can get or that they want.

It would probably help if, at some point before the next vote is started, each potential organizer would post a "preliminary type" schedule of meal plans and activities.

- LJZ

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/07 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's what the Ohio Rally group did: Ohio Rally

If we did do something like this, maybe we could get sponsorship for the site charges.

Jim Tewell
2008 Roadtrek 210 Popular

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/07 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

ennajean wrote:

The "Queen Bee" is the person who volunteers to be the organizer in the location that they, themselves, have nominated...so...Jim would be the "Queen Bee"if Ohio is chosen, I would be the "Queen Bee" if Cape May is chosen, etc.

The "Queen Bee" would be responsible for developing the rally schedule and for making all arrangements with the help of as many volunteers that they can get or that they want.

It would probably help if, at some point before the next vote is started, each potential organizer would post a "preliminary type" schedule of meal plans and activities.

- LJZ

Ok now I am confused. [emoticon] Sally was queen bee but she wasn't the organizer of getting the Raccoon Holler campground ....Ashguy was. [emoticon]

qjane

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/07 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

Reprinting in agreement,

QJ

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/07 08:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ennajean wrote:

Ok now I am confused. [emoticon] Sally was queen bee but she wasn't the organizer of getting the Raccoon Holler campground ....Ashguy was.
This was a departure from the 3 previous rallies. The person who had organized the first 3 rallies was also the person who had been the campground liason.

There is no hard and fast rule here. If Ohio wins the vote, for example, Jim could be the campground liason and Nick could be the organizer. This is a decision that could be made at any time and would be made by the team set in place for any nominated location.

If anyone disagrees (or agrees...thanks, Judy!), please feel free to post.

- LJZ

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/07 08:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good explanation Lynne. I nominate Lynne for Rally President.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.