|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
charles

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/07 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That makes sense to me

Nick

2019 Thor Chateau 22B

Aikensbest

Aiken, SC. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/07 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I second the motion for Lynne for Rally President. Regardless of where the next rally is held

Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/07 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok adding my 2 cents worth again...so does that make it 4 cents worth.

Well anyway. Why don't we see who is even interested in the Queen Bee position? Then let the committee decide if we should have one person as the QB and another person as the Rally Master. Seems to me that last year it worked out really good...one person didn't get the whole brunt of the work. Now this is from someone who has only been to one rally, but thought it was great with two people/couples sharing the work load.

The web site that Jim&Carolyn mentioned about the OHIO group was a neat site. Looks like they list all mini rallys etc on it. Would be something to think about for the B group.

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/07 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ennajean wrote:

Why don't we see who is even interested in the Queen Bee position? Then let the committee decide if we should have one person as the QB and another person as the Rally Master.

"Queen Bee"

"the committee"

"Rally Master"

I think this has been addressed already on the previous page. The "Queen Bee" would be the person who has volunteered to be the organizer in the location that has been chosen by the membership. The "Queen Bee" would be responsible for developing the rally schedule and for making all arrangements with the help of as many volunteers that they can get or that they want ("the committee").

I'm not sure what you mean by "Rally Master," although it seems that it's the person who makes the campground arrangements, and this could be the same person who is the "Queen Bee."

It seems as though you think the "Queen Bee" should be the same person for every rally. This would suggest that whoever volunteers to be "Queen Bee" is willing to travel to every rally, regardless of where it is being held. More than that, it suggests that whoever volunteers to be the campground liason is "stuck" (for lack of a better word) working with a person that they might not know and may not get along with. Is this really a good idea? I know that I can handle organizing a rally, and at this point I know that I can find people that I get along with who are willing to help me (and I have). Why would I (or anyone) want a committee forced upon me (them)?

- LJZ

It's a B thing...you wouldn't understand.

Ray&Janie

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/07 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys are getting me confused. I think Lynn has it correct and I don't even know what Sally said if it was the same or not.
I think where ever the Rally is the person who is stepping up to say this is a good place if they are able or someone near by should be the one or ones to make reservations and make sure all is accounted for at the campground all rules taken care of ect. The food and auctions and that stuff I think could be voted on for people who like to do it and who in the past have done a good job and maybe take along some new people in the process.
What I am saying is I might say here is a great spot but I cant do it but maybe someone close can. I guess that is your head person. I think You should decide are you a group who is just going to do like the past and say here is our Friday night get together and our sat show and tell and our sat dinner and sun goodbye breakfast. You can even condense that to Friday hello around the campfire and sat show and tell (as I met more people that day than at the dinner} The dinner was nice but your sitting in groups of people you know. When you walk around you meet and talk. I loved that part as Sally said I would.

Someone might be sitting at home now with a good idea but unable to do the computer or organize the thing. They should speak up as someone else in the area might help. Or you do the camp and Lynn in NJ will do the computer. Sally didn't do the computer she had her people doing things. Its more fun when more people are involved but as whith anything someone has to be accountable and I guess that's your head QB or whatever.

What ever I think you have an awful lot of money left for a non profit small group. Generous. Too mush is left unless you plan on getting more Bs there this year. Thats another problem whos the treasurer of this group. I am not saying or insinuating any miss use of money.I just think its a lot to be left. But what do I know. Only one B behind me and a half I almost made it to B3 Being one of the sponsors and helping raise that money on shirt sales I just wonder how you plan to spend it. Who keeps it and will you just send $2000 or whatever it was to someone who voted a great spot and you dont know them?
More things to talk about. Well we have got a year so maybe it can be made somewhat simple. Like split it all up but $500 for gas to go home. IM JUST KIDDING. I do think you should have a cap on the money as one Rally is costly and one is not or more generous peole. Janie

Ray & Janie
Indianapollis, In
2005 Chevy Roadtrek 210V

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/07 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

It seems as though you think the "Queen Bee" should be the same person for every rally. This would suggest that whoever volunteers to be "Queen Bee" is willing to travel to every rally, regardless of where it is being held.

- LJZ

No not at all what I thought.

Salianron

Lake Livingston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/07 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ray&Janie,
I share your feelings about the money raised for future rallies. Those who contributed generously this year may not be able to attend next year.
I know there are certain expenses (such as printing programs) that occur before the rally, but I would like to see a transition to a "pay-as-you-go" plan. Note that I said "transition" not spend it all quickly on an event that I may not be able to attend.
Ron

Salianron --Sally and Ron
2003 Roadtrek 200 Popular

GGup

SE, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/07 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I know there are certain expenses (such as printing programs) that occur before the rally, but I would like to see a transition to a "pay-as-you-go" plan. Note that I said "transition" not spend it all quickly on an event that I may not be able to attend.
Ron

I might not be able to attend anyway...I have sold my "B" but looking for something again. Might be an American Cruiser thing!!! Always looking for a good deal!

It would seem to me for wlik that if someone wanted to hold the present money and as rallies are set up that organizer could send a bill for those special before the rally costs and get a reimbursement for them. We have an idea of what they have been from Sally's accounting and that could be a guide line.

Then at the Rally everyone could be told what the costs are for, building, fire wood, meals, etc., and that would be the FEE for each person that attends. Then there is no overage of monies. KISS theory!

Everyone that signs up would know there would be a FEE for attending and this would probably only be about $10 a person...depending on the meals that are ordered. If it is set at $10 we could run short or long and would be better to figure when possible to be very near the actual expenses.

Lynne Jayzee

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/07 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ennajean wrote:

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

It seems as though you think the "Queen Bee" should be the same person for every rally. This would suggest that whoever volunteers to be "Queen Bee" is willing to travel to every rally, regardless of where it is being held.

- LJZ

Please explain what you thought.

- LJZ

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/07 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

ennajean wrote:

Lynne Jayzee wrote:

- LJZ

Please explain what you thought.

- LJZ

Just seems it is a lot of work to have one person handle...not saying someone couldnt handle it. Just why not spread out the looking, booking of sites, meal, planning of activities etc and make it easier for the QB. Just my 6 cents worth.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 33  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> B Rally #5: Scenic View Family Campground in Logan, OH
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.