RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Post your tow vehicle pics here

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Post your tow vehicle pics here

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 261  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jshupe

Austin, TX

Senior Member

Joined: 08/20/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/03/19 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
[image]

First tow with our new 3500. Loving it so far

On the fence about whether or not I want to add StableLoads to get rid of what may be a little more squat than I prefer.

[image]


2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn HO/AISIN 4x4 CCLB DRW | 2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB
Random musings (blog): https://www.lifeenroute.com

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/03/19 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have gotten the factory rear air. Your truck is setting level just as it should!!! That is NOT squat.

Nice ride!


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

Senior Member

Joined: 03/30/2001

View Profile





Online
Posted: 07/03/19 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Cob wrote:

TowBo wrote:

All these beautiful trucks... then there's me... 2016 Kia Sorento towing a 19' Jayco Jay Flight around the Pacific Northwest and yes, we get strange looks.

[image]

Howdy Towbo,

We all started out somewhere, as one who has gone from why less then what you now have to the other extreme and I do mean extreme when it comes to tow vehicles and trailers, its not what you have but how much you ENJOY using it. Welcome to the forum.

Dave


Dave I am happy about your comments. I have said similar comments to rv'rs though the last years. chevman


chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110


FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/09/19 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice rig JShupe... I would say the squat is acceptable.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/10/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Nice rig JShupe... I would say the squat is acceptable.


It's simply setting level as it should be with a nice load. IMHO "SQUAT" is when the rear is lower than the front.

4,750# pin in this pic, no bags. I did add bags set to 30psi LOADED and Bilstein's. The ride height did not change at that pressure. Bags and Bil's did improve the ride!

This was my 11 HO.

[image]

jshupe

Austin, TX

Senior Member

Joined: 08/20/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/10/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Nice rig JShupe... I would say the squat is acceptable.


It's simply setting level as it should be with a nice load. IMHO "SQUAT" is when the rear is lower than the front.

4,750# pin in this pic, no bags. I did add bags set to 30psi LOADED and Bilstein's. The ride height did not change at that pressure. Bags and Bil's did improve the ride!

This was my 11 HO.

[image]


The rear is about half an inch lower than the front, to be clear. I don't have air suspension and the trailer isn't fully loaded. The concern is more about how much squat there will be when fully loaded since it's already sitting a hair low. Our pin was around 3200# when I weighed it a couple years ago, and I have a 60gal aux tank + tools + hitch in the bed.

* This post was edited 07/10/19 10:16am by jshupe *

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/12/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jshupe wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Nice rig JShupe... I would say the squat is acceptable.


It's simply setting level as it should be with a nice load. IMHO "SQUAT" is when the rear is lower than the front.

4,750# pin in this pic, no bags. I did add bags set to 30psi LOADED and Bilstein's. The ride height did not change at that pressure. Bags and Bil's did improve the ride!

This was my 11 HO.

[image]


The rear is about half an inch lower than the front, to be clear. I don't have air suspension and the trailer isn't fully loaded. The concern is more about how much squat there will be when fully loaded since it's already sitting a hair low. Our pin was around 3200# when I weighed it a couple years ago, and I have a 60gal aux tank + tools + hitch in the bed.


You won't know if the squat will get worse or not until you load it up. Having said that the springs maybe at a point in compression that it will take a lot of weight to make it squat even more.

Devo the dog

Northern California

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New 2019 3500 HO - came with papers from Mexico and entered the USA legally.
[image]

I'm keeping the American made 2005 F350 V10 because it's still in great shape, has never had a problem, and has a higher payload capacity than the 3500. So, I'll use it for heavy payloads, going to the dump, etc.
[image]

Tvov

CT

Senior Member

Joined: 07/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/20/19 05:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both trucks looks great... why did you buy the new one? Age or mileage of old one?


_________________________________________________________
2008 F-250 CrewCab 5.4L,
2004 21' Forest River Surveyor


Devo the dog

Northern California

Full Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/20/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

Both trucks looks great... why did you buy the new one? Age or mileage of old one?

Primarily because of the comfort and features that comes with a truck that's 15 years newer. The F350 has relatively low mileage, has all the power we need, and doesn't require any maintenance. For comfort, it has power seats and windows, AC and a stereo. I haven't spent a dime on repairs since I've owned it - only required maintenance and two upgrades last year: big brakes one all four corners and a new stereo with a large screen and CarPlay. We towed our 5th wheel to and from Colorado last year and had a great time, just like every trip we taken in this truck. Monarch Pass was a piece of cake, even during last year's heat wave. My wife love's the truck and when needed, uses it.

But I can't make it as comfortable as any new truck on the market. It could argued that I could, and I thought about it. If I spent 30k on upgrading it (a lot of custom stuff), it would still be a 15 year old truck that would be worth no more than the typical old F350.

So, I ordered a new one. 10-15 years from now, I'll consider buying a new one again.

* This post was edited 07/20/19 10:53am by Devo the dog *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 261  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Post your tow vehicle pics here
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS