RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 231  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bit Bucket

Brookings, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/12 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cyberiankhatru wrote:

Not sure how cool this is but I like it.

They say necesity is the mother of invention, I like it!

Fisherguy

Vancouver BC

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/12 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With my old trailer I just drilled a hole in the top of the bumper and put a zap strap through that and the hole in the rubber, made it loose enough you could still open it to grab the hose but no way to lose the plug.

06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, SteadyFast stabilizers, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600, shocks and EZ-Flex suspension, Reese Strait-Line

Dennis Smith

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/12 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone mounted a small floor safe inthere RV. We are going to be fulltiming, and I would like a way of keeping some stuff in a safe way. Whats the best way to fasten it to the trailer where no one can pick it and and carry it off?

aarond76

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/12 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is what you are going to keep in that safe worth more than the amount of damage somoneone could cause to the camper trying to remove the safe from the floor? I feel like once someone is in the camper they are not leaving without making every effort possible to get that safe. Probably cheaper and easier to replace the items they steal then to repair the damage they cause getting the safe out.

JimInMich

Mi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/12 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If its money, just hide it. An envelope of cash is easily hidden well enough a thief wont have time to look for it ( especialy if he has no idea it's in the RV ). Thief more likely to worry about taking your TV, stereo ect., without getting caught.

SOLD-11 Chevy Silverado Ext.Cab Z-71 4x4, 5.3 v8, 3:43 w/locker, Factory tow package, Equal-I-zer 1200#, Curt Class V Receiver
SOLD-12 Cougar XLite 27RLS ( 960# Tongue, 6740# Gross as loaded)
Just the Wife and I.

CakeHenn

Temple, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/12 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

edit: delete double post sorry

* This post was edited 05/11/12 12:21pm by CakeHenn *

TT: 2013 Jayco Eagle 314
Truck: 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Duck Gun: Benelli Super Black Eagle II

CakeHenn

Temple, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/12 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis Smith wrote:

Has anyone mounted a small floor safe inthere RV. We are going to be fulltiming, and I would like a way of keeping some stuff in a safe way. Whats the best way to fasten it to the trailer where no one can pick it and and carry it off?

I would probably just look for a small push button type safe that you could lock in place with a metal cord in a cabinet vs trying to mount it into the floor. They have ones that are small enough to put under car seats...they are designed for people that need to leave a gun in a car when they go into a place that they can't carry.

You could also consider making a false wall in the back of a cabinet as well. Just seems more cost effective vs cutting a hole in the floor.

TreeSeeker

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/12 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dennis Smith wrote:

Has anyone mounted a small floor safe in there RV.

I have been considering one of these small safes. I don't see it in the online description, but I remember it having bolt holes so it could be bolted down. In addition to being a fire-safe it is also water-safe which would be useful if water was used to put out a fire.

I am planning on mounting it in a somewhat hidden recessed spot in the back of the hanging closet in my RV. I could probably even put a false wall in front of it.

Dennis Smith

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/12 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I may go with the smaller safe, we have one that is about a foot square. We just want to be able to store, passports, blank checks, etc. Paperwork we might need while traveling.

CakeHenn

Temple, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/12 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimInMich wrote:

If its money, just hide it. An envelope of cash is easily hidden well enough a thief wont have time to look for it ( especialy if he has no idea it's in the RV ). Thief more likely to worry about taking your TV, stereo ect., without getting caught.

Or just put in in your bank account. I normally stash an extra $100 bill or two in my wallet along with my regular cash walking around money but other than that debit cards and credit cards are safer than cash. So I'd say it's downright foolish to be holding a lot of cash in your RV unless you are a professional poker player or something.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 231  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2015 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS