RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 270  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Rthomas61

Mass

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/13 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I built one of those power jack covers thanks to this thread. Quick and easy and keeps everything nice & neat!

Thanks for the cool ideas. Once I get used to the new rig, going to play around with a few!

Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper

sunshdw

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/13 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love this thread

2015 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Bighorn
2018 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB

CajunBuccaneer

Lake Charles, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/13 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PennyPA wrote:

That's a neat place to carry it but doesn't it get absolutely filthy??

New here as well as a new TT owner. I have been reading through these mods for the past several days and have some great additions to add. I know I need to pace myself (and my WALLET!!). This one is on my list!!

chr$

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/13 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I came up with this mod in my previous RV, A 1977 GMC motorhome, while I was removing the rotted floorboard from a leaking pump. The leaking pump not only rotted the floor, but rusted the motor. I see a lot of pumps mounted on flat surfaces or vertically with the motor below the pump head. I solved this problem by mounting the pump in a plastic box, with a drain to the outside of the coach, and with the motor above the pumphead. If it ever leaks, it will not rot the floor or rust the motor. I will be doing this in my Nomad too.

I guess I also inadvertently installed a silencing kit by using household fittings from Lowes. I always try to use Lowes/HD/ACE parts in lieu of camping world or RV specific stuff to save cost, make maintenance easier, and a lot of RV parts are NOT UV stabilized so they rot in the heat and sun.

Pump mounting:

[image]

In this RV, the water tank, (also a custom tank) was mounted next to the pump, so plumbing it all together was pretty simple, and allowed for a nice 1/2" quarter-turn valve to drain out the tank and pump in one shot.

[image]

Bottom of tub with drain:

[image]

* This post was edited 04/13/13 09:41pm by an administrator/moderator *

chr$

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/13 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I heard that the motor and gearhead on a power tongue jack are the same as the ones for a satellite dish? Has anyone here used the dish parts to mod a crank jack? Supposedly muuuuuuch cheaper. If it is in the 198 pages preceding this, my apologies, I just got here and am only 15 pages in!

-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

LeBout

Ontario, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/13 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whew!! Took me DAYS to get through this thread, but I saved a lot of the images and information into a folder on my laptop for later use. It's a shame so many of the pictures are no longer available online.

2008 Fleetwood Wilderness 240RKS
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
Barker VIP 3500 Power Jack
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2019: 17

MontanaCamper

four O six

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/13 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

glad its a sticky...I asked about this a while ago, but was told NO...

anyway, glad its there!!!

'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

LangsRV2

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/13 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goingnorth wrote:

I once was at a campground and saw the slide of the camper next to me go in then come out and in and out about 10 times and heard lots of giggling untill dad walked into the camper then I only heard yelling.
Now I have this over my slide control. When the kids get tall enough I can put a small lock on there if I have to.

[image]

[image]

We had a slide scare one morning after camping the night just outside of Dallas TX. Shortly after entering the freeway my husband checked his rear view mirrors and had a "holy crap" moment. The slide was 1/2 way out!!! On the freeway! After pulling over we discovered that a set of plastic drawers that had been left on an end table had fallen in just the right spot to engage the slide out button. Luckily when the slide went out 1/2 way the drawers slipped off as well. Lesson learned make SURE everything is on the floor BEFORE leaving! I'm installing one of these ASAP! Thanks for the idea!

Holly-n-Matt

NW Suburbs of Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/13 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's CRAZY about the slide being 1/2 way out!

pdmac1946

Richland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/13 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took the aftermarket wireless backup camera I had on my old MH and set it up with magnets so that I can use it attached to my license plate to see my hitch for hooking up my new TT. Then I can move it to the rear window inside over the sink in my TT so I can see behind it while I am driving. Installed a 12 volt socket to a light over the sink in the back to plug in the backup camera. Works great in both locations.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 270  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS