RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 270  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dkhender

Colorado Springs

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/09 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigc3031 wrote:

I also noticed there was a larger gap than I like to see between the tub and the wall liner so I caulked it with silicone to keep mold or rot from starting, I strongly recommend everyone do this as it's cheap and easy to prevent a very expensive problem.

Interesting - my 2008 TT has this same gap and mfr specifically states NOT to seal this - is designed to allow water to drain down into tub after using shower and prevent the mod/rot that you describe.

2007 Four Winds/Thor Hurricane 34B w/ 2006 Chevy HHR TOAD
2002 Ford Explorer --> 2004 Ford Expedition & 2008 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23 TRS
1994 Ford Explorer & Coleman PU

StanleyandIris

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/09 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brilliant medicine cabinet solution!

vgoulette

Shallowater, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/09 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dkhender wrote:

bigc3031 wrote:

I also noticed there was a larger gap than I like to see between the tub and the wall liner so I caulked it with silicone to keep mold or rot from starting, I strongly recommend everyone do this as it's cheap and easy to prevent a very expensive problem.

Interesting - my 2008 TT has this same gap and mfr specifically states NOT to seal this - is designed to allow water to drain down into tub after using shower and prevent the mod/rot that you describe.

I didn't read it, but we were told the same thing -- not to seal it -- when we did our PDI.

Vickie

bigc3031

Grand Rapids, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/09 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked in my owners manual and it doesn't say anything about this? I am going to the dealer to pick up a tank so I will ask around. It doesn't make any sense at all to let water get behind your walls to me?

2009 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Diesel
Springdale 291RKSSR
Wife and 2 pugs to travel the world with.

sbebenelli

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/09 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I added a counter top extension and thought I'd share how I did it.

I got the shelf through my dealer. It's from a shelf in another Keystone model that is also used as a counter extension and was the same pattern.

Since the paneling is just 1/4" thick a frame work is needed to make it solid enough.

This picture shows what it looks like inside the cabinet.

[image]

This picture shows two 1x4 boards that I screwed to the frame work.

[image]

This picture shows a couple boards I stuck in between the first boards in the area the brackets will be. These happen to be 3/4" plywood just because I had a couple scrap pieces that happened to be the size I needed.

[image]

The finished result.

[image]

[image]

This is how I store my sewer hose. Bought a vinyl fence post from Lowe's. Screwed an end cap to one end and hinged the other. Made steel mounts for both ends. I had to shim the hinged end to clear the gas pipe that runs along the frame.

[image]

[image]

[image]

2010 26B Keystone Hideout
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
Yamaha EF3000ISEB

sonicsix

Jerry n' Cynthia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/09 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the sewer hose storage mod today!

[image]

Georgia camper

Atlanta

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/09 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know it has been said before but Mods are part of the fun.
My TT: 2006 Starcraft Antiqua 305qbs
My list
14"x14" fan in the bedroom
20" flat panel lcd t.v. in living
adjustable shelves in pantry
new kitchen sink faucet with sprayer
goosneck faucet in bathroom (for clearance)
replaced cheesy shower valve with single handle Delta tub and shower faucet
new showerhead that I can turn on/off
bumper mount bike rack
6" skid wheels welded to frame (replaces factory skid arms)
fold away handle at entry door
"Dirt Devil" central vac under dinette
removed tubular dinette table legs replaced with wall hinge & single foldup leg
new digital thermostat and rocker switch for hi/lo fan operation
electric tounge jack
plug keeper on frame for pigtail (keeps it out of the dirt and dry)
raidial st tires replacing bias tires

camping 21st century style.
Three kids oldest son 15">
middle son 6">
baby girl 2 years">
me big daddy ">
and the wife">

dorsey0126

NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/09 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of great ideas. Looks like i have a few fall projects..

PUCampin

Castaic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/09 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the process of fixing a couple issues with my TT, they ended up being mods. Now I am doing a couple more. I'll try to put pictures up later.

1. While tracking down my odor in the TT problem, I replaced the black tank vent cover with a new 360 syphon vent cover

2. After realizing the odor was coming from a bad seal that is not replaceable in the POS Aqua Magic V toilet, I replaced it with a much nicer Style II with china bowl.

3. My original bathroom vent cover disentigrated, instead of a cheap $10 replacement, I installed a new fantastic vent create a breeze. Wow does this move air!

4. My shower/tub has no ledges or shelves to put soap or shampoo bottles. I was setting them on the toilet lid. So I installed one of those stick up three chamber dispensors, and a stick up corner shelf. This was quick and easy.

5. Our tap water at home tasts horrible, and we have been places where the water tasts bad. 95% of the time we camp without hook ups, so no need for a external water filter. I had a spare faucet left over from a home RO installation, and a spot on my sink. So I bought a under the counter one stage water filter, some fittings and hose. I tapped into the cold line, through the filter to the faucet. So now, I have a faucet for filtered drinking water, without filtering wash/shower/toilet water.

6. My TT was a price leader budget model. Has a lot of nice features for the price, but is lacking in other areas. My overhead cabinets are huge. 13" deep, 16" tall, and over 4ft long. One is over the dinette, the other over the sink. They were completely open, and have no shelves! So we have just piled stuff in. This is anoying. Stuff jumbles around, bread gets squashed, hard to find things, and it is hard to use the full height because everything is stacked. To fix this I am installing shelves. I cut divider boards out of wood I had to go between the two doors to make two cabinets out of each one. Covered them with contact paper that matches. Screwed in pilaster shelving brackets to all sides, and am now getting ready to cut the shelves. Best compliment was when DW was sitting on the couch talking to me and said "I thought those dividers were there already" I said no, I just finished installing them, shelves are next. She said "they look like they have always been there" [emoticon]

More to come, if I ever get the time. I want to hard wire in a converter so it is seamless with the electrical. I also want to add in an accumulater, I have the bottle, just need a mounting location, some fittings, and time.

2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!)">

Me"> DW"> and the 3 in 3 ">
DD"> 2006, DS "> 2007, DD "> 2008

lmcbride

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/09 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW...just spent literally weeks going through 80 pages of the mods and ideas here..great stuff! Hubby and I have been camping for 20 years and have just become "seasonal campers" so we started doing some mods to our '03 Rockwood Roo BH. Here is a list of what we did:

- LOVED the pexiglass on door idea, did it this past weekend while at the trailer and it's awesome! MUST HAVE MOD!!
- Hubby made 2 shelfs for undercabinet that's above dinette table, we wanted it airy so we used teacup hooks screwed into each corner of shelf and to bottom of cupboard then used gold chain to attach to each hook.....now the satellite receiver is closer to the tv (above the table).
- Hubby made a shelf above kitchen sink for, cell, change dish and small odds and ends....attached same way with teacup hooks/chain.
- Extra shelf below bathroom shelf for eyeglass/contact case, brushes (again same technique as above).
- Bathroom vanity mirror is too high for my 8 yr old so I bought a mirror from dollar store and velcrod it below.
- Add chip bag clips (with velcro) to the shower wall....now no more water to the floor when curtain is in the clip.

When we go back to the Roo in 2 weeks I will try and remember to take pictures.

Thanks for ALL the great mods!! [emoticon]
Lisa

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 270  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.