|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance Camper Sealant Info

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Wasatch Lance

Park City, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/07 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read the section on Lance recommended sealants in the Truck Camper University section. This post is an update to that.

My local dealer does not stock the caulks used by Lance, so I called Lance about their recommended sealants, and buying some direct from them.

I spoke with Doug, who was very helpful, but said that they wouldn't sell to me, I needed to order it through a dealer, that's understandable. Doug also told me they now used Geocel 2350 MHRV as opposed to the 2300 MHRV.

Doug told me it takes roughly three tubes of each color (white and clear) to reseal an entire camper.

Also, the roof sealant used by Lance on aluminum roofed campers was a product called Parbond, which comes in aluminum tubes.

Called the dealer and I was quoted $8.99 per tube for MHRV 2350. Ouch!!! I looked at Camping World and they sell Geocel Pro Flex RV for $4.99 to club members.

I called Geocel customer service and spoke with Patty, to find out the difference in the products:

2350 MHRV is only slightly different than 2300 MHRV. The difference is that it is better suited for large gaps (1/2" or so).

The formulation of both 2300 MHRV and Pro Flex RV is identical.

She didn't think it was worth the extra money for the MHRV 2350 as opposed to the Pro Flex RV. Also, 2350 MHRV is only sold to manufacturers.

Hope this helps...

Jay

2002 F-350 CC 4X4 PSD, Stage II Injectors, Garrett BB Turbo, AFE Air Cleaner, Chip, 4" Exhaust, Gauges, Extra Leaf Springs, Air Lift Bags, Hellwig Sway Bars, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, American Racing Wheels, Toyo M/T Tires (4,300 lb rating),
2003 Lance 1121

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance Camper Sealant Info
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS