RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What did you do to your Class C MH today???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 444  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/18 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

I have not decided on a final solution yet, either leave it as is (and stash the wheel liners in the garage), install TPMS so I can at least monitor remotely, or have longer stems permanently installed. Tires are only 3 years old so they won't be in for replacement any time soon. I suspect I can get an aftermarket TPMS setup for about the same as it would cost to have a local shop remove and install new stems.

I'll check out the flow through caps, for now I'm capless in the rear.

While you're at it, get Quality Valves like BORG DUALLY VALVES and put them across the rears and you might find a set quickly at a nearby Camping World, they accept TPMS or the Flow Thru Valve Caps.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/18 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

While you're at it, get Quality Valves like BORG DUALLY VALVES and put them across the rears and you might find a set quickly at a nearby Camping World, they accept TPMS or the Flow Thru Valve Caps.

yeah, that's what I'd like to get. But that requires dismounting the tires, right? Combined with an aftermarket screw on TPMS, that seems like the way to go. But that's a chunck of change. I've been a pretty good boy, and dropped a few hints. We'll see what Santa brings. [emoticon]

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/18 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

Did a reno on the inside....took most of a month. Rebuilt a couple cabinets to include some shelving. Re-painted ALL the wood...which was just a huge task. Re-covered the dinette cushions and put down a vinyl floor.

I am posting the entire thread...there are lots of pix if you scroll thru.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29728991.cfm

After a month long trip..Sept thru October....it all hung together and I love it.

Gary Haupt

Gary,

I just read your post, with photos, on the massive interior redo. That was an outstanding piece of work - way to go.

BUT ... to go along with your 4WD setup:

1. What did you do to increase the ply count of your tires so they won't puncture so easily when way off-highway?
2. What did you do to increase your onboard propane and fresh water capacities for more serious boondocking?
3. What did you do to increase your cell tower access range for when way off-highway (or did you add a satellite phone)?
4. What did you do to reduce the noise/fumes of your Onan for unexpected long generator runs when way off-highway?
5. Etc.?

Just kidding on such things as 1. through 5. above ... enjoy you new mobile digs! [emoticon]

* This post was edited 11/05/18 04:39pm by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/18 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

I use this and a digital gauge to match and it works out fine for me. Air- through caps on the inside are the way to go.

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/18 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today (well, last night) I fixed my oven (Wedgewood Vision)! The previous owner had told me it had never worked since she owned it (they did no cooking in the RV kitchen so it didn't matter to them), but I've got a trip planned over thanksgiving and I'm gonna need to bake! [emoticon]

The pilot would light, but die as soon as I released the knob or turned it to any temperature position. Some interneting said the likely problem was the thermocouple, however I read two different folks say that stuffing some foil into the knob solved this problem for them.

Looking at my oven, it did appear that the knob bottomed out on the faceplate when pushed, so I figured why not give it a shot? I stuffed some tape in the knob hole (?) and the oven fired up first try!

woot, I love the internets.

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/18 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave, thanks for sharing

Bill
WØWJU
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
2015 Thor Motorcoach Chateau 31W
Toad: 2008 Chevy HHR

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/18 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Did a reno on the inside....took most of a month. Rebuilt a couple cabinets to include some shelving. Re-painted ALL the wood...which was just a huge task. Re-covered the dinette cushions and put down a vinyl floor.

I am posting the entire thread...there are lots of pix if you scroll thru.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29728991.cfm

After a month long trip..Sept thru October....it all hung together and I love it.

Gary Haupt

Gary,

I just read your post, with photos, on the massive interior redo. That was an outstanding piece of work - way to go.

BUT ... to go along with your 4WD setup:

1. What did you do to increase the ply count of your tires so they won't puncture so easily when way off-highway?
2. What did you do to increase your onboard propane and fresh water capacities for more serious boondocking?
3. What did you do to increase your cell tower access range for when way off-highway (or did you add a satellite phone)?
4. What did you do to reduce the noise/fumes of your Onan for unexpected long generator runs when way off-highway?
5. Etc.?

Just kidding on such things as 1. through 5. above ... enjoy you new mobile digs! [emoticon]

Hey Phil...I would give a lot to have been able to increase the water storage..and fuel. Anything is possible of course, throw enough money at it, but...being a poor man, I do with what I have.

Going for a two month wander south come Jan/Feb. Hoping for a coastal drive going and inland coming back.

Gary

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

woodworker414

Crystal City,Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/18 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great job Gary Haupt

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/18 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Small but significant mod this weekend, I swapped the engine cover console (just the console part, not the acutal engine cover. It just slips off by lifting it up) between my old van (which had a new style console) and the 2005 motorhome. It's not totally clear from the pics, but the footroom is 1000x better. With the 2005 console, there is no way to get a foot between the seat and the console. Now my wife can easily slip through. And it still holds plenty of cups, so no real loss.

before:
[image]

after (the other part of the swap was to also get the backup monitor which was already mounted to the van's console):
[image]

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/18 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be out of town over the holidays so this morning I "winterized" our coach... southern Arizona style. Opened all the drains and took the rig for a short ride during which time all of the water in the tanks, lines and water heater drained. Added a quart of pink RV antifreeze to the black and gray tanks which were empty except for a very small amount of water. Finally, I added a cup of antifreeze to all three traps {kitchen and bathroom sinks and the shower}.

We usually don 't see temps below the high twenties and that is only briefly in the predawn hours but once in a while, we might see a night approaching or even reaching the high teens. Either way with the water gone and antifreeze in place I'm set. Been using this method for about 10 years without any issues and when we head out in January for our next trip with the coach all I have to do is close the valves and add water.

Lastly, I restocked the bar. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 444  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> What did you do to your Class C MH today???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS