RV.Net Open Roads Forum: What did you do to your Class C MH today???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 444  
Prev
Sponsored By:
camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/18 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got the motorhome all prepped and ready for a Christmas trip to Southern California! Beds made, batteries charged, coffee loaded, presents hidden. Head out first thing in the morning.

Hope my heater can keep up with the cold winter temps down there. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/28/18 10:45am by camperdave *

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heater did fine. [emoticon]

On the way home I hit up a CAT scale. I had 3/4 full water, full fuel, and empty grey/black tanks. We were otherwise pretty lightly loaded (end of trip so no food).

With no people in it, but one 35ish pound dog sitting on the passenger seat, our weights are:

Front axle: 3940
Rear axle: 8240
Total: 12180

Specs on the door sticker are:

Front GAWR: 4600
Rear GAWR: 9450
GVWR: 14050

So I've got 1870 pounds available, 660 in front, and 1210 in the rear. I wish Fleetwood had made the floor of the rear (very large) storage areas stronger. There is no way I could load more than a few pounds on those flimsy plastic tubs without them pulling out from the wall! [emoticon] I had assumed it was no big deal since I wouldn't want heavy stuff that far back, but with over 1000 pounds to play with...

I think some kind of structural support for those tubs is in order this winter! [emoticon]

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

TreeSeeker

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/18 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camperdave wrote:

The pilot would light, but die as soon as I released the knob or turned it to any temperature position. Some interneting said the likely problem was the thermocouple, however I read two different folks say that stuffing some foil into the knob solved this problem for them.

I had problems with the knobs before and I lubed them with "Super Slick Stuff." It comes in spray can and does lube but dries to a clear finish. You probably wouldn't want to use any regular lube spray due the flammability issue. I just sprayed a tiny bit into the valve where the knob shaft enters it, then turned it on/off a few times to make sure it penetrates before it dries. Turn off the gas at the tank before doing this.

No problems since.

GKAbbott

On the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/19 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After driving a few hundred miles and setting up camp, I sat and admired the quality workmanship. Then I started planning how to improve upon the factory shortcomings. When we return home in a few weeks, I'll get on it.

sullivanclan

Grand Junction, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/19 11:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The wife and I are preparing for a winter trip from Colorado South to see family in the Yuma Arizona area for a few weeks. (Heck maybe help to build a wall). This past weekend we got the oil changed, fluids checked, annual brake inspection and tire check. Did a thorough cleaning and since I got done with some of that I took up rewiring an old rear camera and got it to work, replaced brake light bulbs and lubed the automatic steps and ran the generator. Then we took a 50-mile test drive for a pizza lunch and returned. All ran well.

The weekend before we practiced putting on some tire cables in case of winter weather before we hit the nice warm weather in Southern Utah. Evaluating replacing the front tires as they are going on five years...bummer.[emoticon]

2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave ,
They're called 'Pathetic Tubs' . [emoticon]
I can also see the need for something to be done with those tubs.
Can you imagine being pulled over by a LEO and in your sideview mirror , you see him/her walking towards you carry your plastic tub full of rv accessories ? [emoticon]

I added a 60"x30" piece of plywood, that covered 2 tubs, like a lid.
I used 4" 'E-ternabond' tape as a seal all around the edge of the tub, where the plastic tub lip meets the wood compartment . It's now dry and free from road-splash/insects.

As for now it works by allowing me to store some lighter 'not often used' items in the tubs, the plywood allows bulky heavier items to now be supported.

If I needed stronger support in the tubs themselves , I would buy or weld up a basket and use it as a liner , attaching it to the wooden framework of the rear compartment.

Sqdancecaller

Minford, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally had a warm day so did the monthly generator run, put a few items in the coach and sat dreaming of our upcoming 12 day trip to Florida. Heading to the St. Petersburg Indy race on March 10th and it can't get here soon enough. Did make a trip to our local tire shop and did some checking about getting new tires and made arrangements to have that done in a few weeks. So ready to get the coach back out on the road and away from the snow and ice.

2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

sullivanclan

Grand Junction, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of tires are you thinking about Sqdancecaller? Your first set since My 2013? My unit has firestone transforce HT, a bit cheaper than others, but I haven't had any problems with them. Not sure what I might do next.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/19 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had not washed the coach after the last couple of trips and it was starting to look a little sad...

Had a nice sunny day here in Tucson, high of 77, so I brought the coach home for a serious cleanup. Three hours later I am reaching for the Ibuprofen and a cold beer but the job is done. Washed the entire rig and got about half of it waxed... a man has got to know his limitations {and I am familiar with mine and they no longer keep me awake at night}. [emoticon]

But for a 7-year-old coach with 55K miles I can live with the end result:

[image]

[emoticon]

Sqdancecaller

Minford, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/19 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sullivanclan wrote:

What kind of tires are you thinking about Sqdancecaller? Your first set since My 2013? My unit has firestone transforce HT, a bit cheaper than others, but I haven't had any problems with them. Not sure what I might do next.

Our local tire shop recommended Master Craft tires. Got them on and have most everything loaded and ready to head south tomorrow. Only wish we were already there as it is a cold 26 this morning and due to be even colder tomorrow when we leave.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 444  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> What did you do to your Class C MH today???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS