|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Embedding a link within a picture

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RVSnowbird

OR-NV-AZ-OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/07 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The old adage "a picture says 1,000 words is very true. There are many reasons to post a thumbnail or picture and embed a link in it to the website it represents. Many times however, the original picture or graphic is too large to display on these pages. Here's how it is done:

1. Get the complete URL of the website. This is done by right clicking on it in the address bar and select Copy. Paste that to a WordPad or NotePad to use later.
2. Right click on the picture you will use for the link, select "Save picture as" and save it to your computer. Make sure it saves as a file type of ".jpg" or ".gif".
3. See Alternate Quick Picture Hosts and select a host to upload it to and follow their instructions. As you can see, some are more reliable than others and for this example, I will use www.tinypic.com.
Note: it is preferable to save that picture to your computer rather than copy it as many websites change or update their picture with a new link making yours appear with a red x....
4. They all have one thing in common and that is producing a set of links. Look for the one that begins with "[IMG ]" and ends with "[/IMG ]" with the link between them. Highlight it, right click and select Copy to paste it to your WordPad or NotePad. The "IMG" or "img" is not case-sensitive.
5. In your Message Toolbar, click on the Link [image] symbol and enter the URL of the link in the top box and the link to the picture in the bottom box within the tags "[img ]" and "[/img ]" as shown in this example using the RV.Net symbol with a link to it. [image]

this is what the above will produce: [image] clicking on that logo will take you to the home page of RV.Net have fun!

[image]<---you can even use smiley's as a link!

....RVSnowbird

p.s., if you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message

LewMichele&Paws

At a gas station in Cowlitz County WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/07 09:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Snowbird, I appreciate seeing these types of posts on the board from time to time. Many times I don't know what is possible so I don't think to search to see how to do the procedure...

'06 Ford F350 V10 CC 4X4 SB auto 4.10
'06 Arctic Fox 811

Don't lose your head...to save a minute...you need your head...your brains are in it...Burma Shave

States visited in our RV...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Embedding a link within a picture
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS