RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Any Fulltimers Under Age 50?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Any Fulltimers Under Age 50?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next
Sponsored By:
LiveWorkDream.com

Fulltimers

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 07:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH and I are wondering; are there any fulltimers out there who are younger than 50?

Don't need to know anyone's exact age, unless you want to tell the world. We're just curious.

Any other details you care to share would be fantastic.

And if you have a blog, let us know the address, we'd love to check it out!

HappyKayakers

Somewhere in the USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/07 08:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW is still under 50 (for awhile anyway). I passed that milestone last year.

Joe and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch
http://happykayakers.com/

The Weekenders

Harvey, North Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am really trying to be a full timer before 50. Right now I am 40 and DW is 52 (cradle robber)and we are hoping to FT in at least 8 years from now. This summer we hope to be "half timing" while working at our business full time. We plan to live in our fiver all season in 08.

Every meal is a feast, everyday is a parade and every paycheck is a fortune!
Spring is coming soon as well Minnesota Twins spring training">
Rick & Sheila's RVing Album
Rick's Facebook
2004 Ford F350 6.0PSD
2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA

hotrod4x5

Southern Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/07 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I moved into my 5th wheel at age 37 after selling my stick home in a divorce. For the past two summers I have house sat for a couple that takes about 4 months every summer to travel in their Class A. In between, I have traveled around the southwest, and am loving every minute of it! Well, except the cost of gas, which skyrocketed since I decided to do this. About a dollar more per gallon since I started. OUCH!

If you can do it, I say go for it!

Rodney Former Owner of: 2005 Laredo 29GS 2002 F250 V-10 Yamaha EF3000iSEB (and NOT a GS Member)

GreenSalsa

Fort Bragg, NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

40 here and the wife is 30 something or another...

We started fulltimeing in our signature rig about 7 months ago. We are doing it only while I am in graduate school, after that we will go back to a stick house. The girls (4 and 6) love the whole concept--it is one huge camping trip for them.

This evening we grilled quesadillas, sat by a campfire, and then went for a walk to try out our new headlights. We will go to Pinnacles National Park next Saturday and wanted to explore some caves there.

We have trips planed for Disneyland, Redwoods National Park, Crater Lake, Lassen, Glacier, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia, and the Grand Tetons National Parks.

We are a pretty tight family, we have given up "stuff" for "experiences" while out here in Monterey. We took a 5,000+ mile cross country over 30 days to get into the swing of things. We have little or no TV most of the time and spend it trying to hang out as family, watch movies, feed birds, explore nature, and recently have gotten into geocaching.

This is what I call a mid-life crisis with style. My only concern is trying to get back to working for real when I am restationed after this course is over.

GreenSalsa lives in North Carolina, but dreams of life on the road...

John / Angela

World Travelers.

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep. Angela and I are 44 and 45 respectively. We retired from the Air Force after 21 and 22 year full careers. We sold the stick house and have been full timing for just over four years in our 40 foot Revolution. We purchased RV lots in various areas that we like and they give us a few home bases to return to when not travelling. We work about 5 months of the year in the RV industry in Canada and travel the other 7 months. This year we will spend about three months in Mexico. Our website with pictures of our travels and our home base lots is here.

Hope this helps.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

SidKaye

Mt Dora Florida, Montreal QC for the Summer

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we started I was about 35 and my wife 26. That was about 35 years ago. We have fulltimed for most of those 35 years. We sold our last stick home about 25 years ago. We have towed a lot of miles and crossed a lot of mountains and will continue to do so as long as we can. I think that after 35 years we are starting to get good at it.....why quit now?

Sidney

2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT,48RE, 4:10,Cummins HO Diesel,Quad Cab,LWB,SRW,PacBrake,Prodigy, X-Monitor Gauges,Line-X,Bedsaver

2002 Excel,Ltd,30RGW,Hughes Autoformer,Honda Eu1000i, ClearSpot 4G+,

http://www.kayepics.com

erd04056

Where ever we park it

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

43 and 46 years old. We have been fulltime for 3-4 years. It made more sense to us with the jobs that we have. We own our company and travel coast to coast in the 40' fifthwheel. Now, we are getting ready to cross into Mexico for a 2 month vacation down in Baja.

2005 Kodiak 4X4
40' Carriage 5th wheel

skeetshooter

The Woodlands, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suggest you read www.RV-Dreams.com for a lot of information about a couple in their forties who full time. Howard and Linda have a large following and you will find their web site a wealth of information from cost to campgrounds.
SS

SkeetShooter
2014 DRV Mobile Suite 36 TKRB3
2010 Ford F-350 Longbed SD Diesel DRW 4X2
20K Reese Hitch,
Good Sam Life Member

powerboatr

North east Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/07 11:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are under 50, 42 to be exact
i guess we are fulltimers, but we do stil have a small homebsae and our last trip was sept.
it seems it gets harder to get away lately

so i guess we are jsut retired [emoticon]

Robert and Joann, plus one rotten pup
2006 Cedar Creek 36RLTS, pulled by a Blue Oval Ford F350 Towboss, empty F/A 4620 R/A 4160 GW 8780
24040 rolling lbs all hitched up
Full Timed Retired since Oct 13th 2006
Retired Navy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Any Fulltimers Under Age 50?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.