RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: To All Fifth Wheel Owners on this Forum...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> To All Fifth Wheel Owners on this Forum...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bonecho

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/04 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whole heartedly agree with you GF. This forum has been and continues to be a wonderful resource, a place to share the good and the frustrations. It has helped guide us through the purchase of our new 5er, a source of inspiration, and a place to talk about our favourite past time while we wait till pick up of our unit, and an ongoing learning tool for things we would never have thought of on our own. [emoticon]

Our thanks also for those who continuously and generously share their experiences, their patience and their time.

Pete and Bets

2003 Silverado 2500HD, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4
2004 Cedar Creek Silverback 31 LBHBS
Pullrite/super rails/prodigy

sinkje

Arlington, Tn.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/04 07:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I to have learned a mountian of knowledge from all these great folks out there. Thanks....Thanks.....

2003 Dodge 2500 Diesel Quad Cab with 4.1 rearend
auto trans.and long box
2007 32TKB Challenger by Keystone
John

Greentow

Dover, DE 19904

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/04 08:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like to offer what I know for fact, and will certainly offer my 2 cents worth. But I learned many years ago: Count that day lost that you don't learn something. That's why I try to stop by here at least daily, sometimes more.
Lee

2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS (loaded). Mrs Greentow & Missy & Maggie, Shih Tzu's with an attitude. USA(R). 30+ years in the Fire/EMS service, GS Life member.
TV is a 2012 RAM 5500 Quadcab with body by Eby (flatbed). Cummins 6.7 with 6 speed auto.

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/04 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
I only do this so I can see the flashing lights on the cop car. LOL Hope some of what I offered helped. Happy 5-ing.
Frank
Las Vegas, NV.

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

DonS

Scotts Valley, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/04 10:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too have learned a lot on this forum. At least I don't have crushed bed rails thanks to the many warnings by folks here. I'm sure a lot of things went better for me thanks to all who share their experiences on RV Net.

2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 33SFS
2008 Chevrolet HHR 2LT

The Traveler

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/04 05:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, I would agree with the earie posts, I have learned a lot.

Allen Seney

tstew10391

springfield, pa

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/04 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i too am just starting. i have a gmc 2500hd and will be getting a montana 5er. would it be possible for me to get a copy of your checklist?? i would sure appreciate it.

thanks

PackerBacker

Montreal (Qc) Adirondacks (NY) Myrtle Beach (SC)

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/04 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been on this forum for about two years now. I was asked if I would like to be a moderater not because I know anything (I'm still a rookie), but rather because I was spending so much time on it.
We've only had our 5th wheel one season but it was a terrific season because I always had a place to go when I had a question.
I don't know about the others here but personally the first time I stood next to my new Wildcat with my truck ready to hitch up for the first time I thought "boy this thing is huge; what am I getting myself into!".
I've learned everything here, from how to hitch up, to leveling, to backing up, to setting my Prodigy, to winterizing ... and I could go on and on.
I think the most important thing about participating in a forum like this is something that I believe texatDurango posted quite awhile ago; you have to actually use what you have learned here. That is something I have never forgotten.
You may not always like the answers or recommendations you are getting, they may not be in line with your preconceived ideas, but if you can keep an open mind you just might learn something.

Eric
2014 Enterra 314RES (Cruiser RV) TT, Equal-i-zer 12K, Honda 2000 Genny
2019 Ford F-150 Sport 4X4

Gooselover

NE OK

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/04 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know how you feel. I find this forum to be....well, I feel I have a family here - like I know everyone.

It's more than just educational to me....I just feel like we are all one big family sharing the same passion.

Charlie & Jeri
2013 Keystone Cougar 327RES
2013 Dodge Ram 3500 EC

MCD3929

NORMAN, OK.

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/04 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have a new device that keeps people from dropping their trailer on the bed of the truck bedsaver.com has the info. we are fifth wheel pullers just like you. We new their had to be a fix for this problem and now we have one. Its like a one time insurance policy.http://bedsaver.com

MIKE DUNBAR

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> To All Fifth Wheel Owners on this Forum...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.