RV.Net Open Roads Forum: The Gulf Coast: Where to Catch Live Blues in MS, AL & LA?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> The Gulf Coast: Where to Catch Live Blues in MS, AL & LA?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MCDDY

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/08 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you do go to the Best Stop in Scott for Boudin, make sure you get a bag of fresh hot Hog Cracklins, they have them almost all the time. Only thing is you need some cold beer to go with them, just sort of go together. Wish I had some now, darn things are addictive.

Dave

GEAUX TIGERS

Dave, Miss Sue & Lucy the Scotty
Big Easy Area.
FMCA 153192
2000 Monaco Windsor, 40' 2 Slide, ISC 350 HP.
2012 Honda Pilot or 1998 Blazer Toads
Aventa 2, Brake Buddy

Bruce3404

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/08 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah, cracklin. Now that has to be the worst food for you in the entire world and my only experienceS as a child were those awful Pork Rinds in a bag. Then I had some real fresh cracklin in La; it's still the worst food in the world for you, but it SURE TASTES GOOD!

MCDDY

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/08 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce3404
As the other poster said, I'm impressed with your knowledge of good eating places in Acadiana, especially being from Oregon.
Yep that's a special problem of Cajun Country. Most everything that's delicious isn't real healthy according to modern medicine. I sure do know a lot of folks in So. Louisiana who have lived looong productive lifes eating and drinking it all.
Yes those Pigskins were pretty yucky. Good Cajun Cracklins have chunks of meat in them as well as the fat for flavor. Going to a rally in Rayne in a couple of weeks, a few miles down the road from Scott and will have to pay a visit to Robert Cormier's place, he also belongs to the 2 FMCA groups we do. There's also a little place, Gautreaux's at the Duson exit, south side, much smaller but pretty good Cracklins also.
Come on back and enjoy it some more.
Dave

SaintsFan

Mobile, Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/08 01:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are traveling along I-10 in Mississippi. I would suggest stopping at exit 57 to eat at "The Shed". The Shed is a great BBQ place that has live blues music on Friday and Saturday evenings on an outside stage. The Shed has won numerous BBQ awards, and has been featured on the food channel. It's a strange eclectic (spelling ?) place with great casual food. There is also a small RV park next door. I don't know anything about the RV park.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> The Gulf Coast: Where to Catch Live Blues in MS, AL & LA?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.