RV.Net Open Roads Forum: From shower curtain to shower door(originally posted 1/29/06

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> From shower curtain to shower door(originally posted 1/29/06

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/08 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is in response to a thread that I originally posted 1/29/06 titled Replaced shower curtain with home made shower door It can be found in the TC University.

I wanted to make an update on a small problem and my fix but the post is closed and cannot be edited, so here is a copy of the original and than my update.

It doesn't come across in photos too well, but this is a sheet of a Plastic type material from the local home center. Since the toilet is raised, the door could not go all the way to the floor so I attached a piece of "Sport Nylon" material to the bottom, it moves up and out of the way as you open the door and hangs down when closed.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I had to move the shower curtain track closer to the door/wall and hung the door from "S" hooks on the original rollers.

[image]

We have used the shower door many times and are very happy with the way it works.

A couple of changes were made, the first one being that when the material got wet it wicked upward and loosened the double-sided tape. I ran a bead of super glue on the material along the bottom edge of the hard part of the door, this made it so it would not wick up.

The second adjustment was the track being screwed into the fiberglass was not strong enough, so I removed the bathroom door and track and drilled a couple of holes to gain access to the top of the shower stall.

[image]

I than inserted backing blocks (one in each hole) and mounted the track through the stall and into the blocks (with caulking).

[image]

[image]

Than reinstall the track, door & valance and the holes are invisible.
This shows the relationship of the holes and the track.

[image]

Over time the weight of the shower door has started bending the bracket that holds it up, they are pretty lightweight.

[image]

I couldn’t find a heavier duty bracket so here is my fix, it’s very simple and not too pretty but it works for me. (In time I will get around to painting it white)

[image]

To keep the door in the open during travel, we just clip a cloths pin to the track.

[image]

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/08 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the re-post Bruce. This cleared up a few questions that I had. Hopefully someday I'll have the time to actually do this project.[emoticon] Dave.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> From shower curtain to shower door(originally posted 1/29/06
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS