RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Death Valley Caravan Report pics & postmorti by jefe & Rick

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Death Valley Caravan Report pics & postmorti by jefe & Rick

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/08 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rick,

Thanks for the additional pics and write-up. Again, it looks like everyone had a great time. In terms of the warm springs in Saline Valley, is that the pic with the tubs, hoses, and whatnot? I have been through Saline Valley several times before but never went to the springs, and I just assumed that they were a bit more "natural". [emoticon]

Also, when I first brought up your post, I quickly looked through your pics first (before reading your write-up), and I was initially puzzled and left wondering where in the heck beavers were located anywhere in or near Death Valley. [emoticon]

By the way, I wouldn't have hesitated to cook those two trout up for breakfast (admittedly not to everyone's taste at that time of the day, but we have gotten to like that ... with bacon!).

Don

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

rhode trip

Rhode Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/08 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rick,
Really striking photos, thanks for posting. Very interesting trip.

2002 Dodge 3500 CTD/DRW/
2000 Northern Lite 10-2000cd

www.LapelPinPlanet.com

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/08 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jefe:

Yes indeed, we've got the same tires.

We've had micro cracks around the tread bases on all 4 tires since 10 months after installation. I had them looked at, and the cracks are not wide enough, apparently, to change them out yet. We've got about 36K kilometers on them now. We have no bead area cracks...yet, but will watch closely. Thanks for the detailed info!

RickW:

I'll get your trip write-up and photos into Trip Reports, this Friday. Like the close-ups and night shots!

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

RickW

Sacramento CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/08/08 09:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DonCurley wrote:

Rick,

Thanks for the additional pics and write-up. Again, it looks like everyone had a great time. In terms of the warm springs in Saline Valley, is that the pic with the tubs, hoses, and whatnot? I have been through Saline Valley several times before but never went to the springs, and I just assumed that they were a bit more "natural". [emoticon]

Don

Don, The picture is of the shower and Japanese hot tub area. The "grand Tub" was occupied by the Camp host and hostess when I took the photo (at 7 am) and requested no photos while soaking in their natural attire. [emoticon] For those who find grass and palm trees too unnatural in Saline valley, there are more austere, natural accomodations up the road.

I also stopped at Hot Creek on the way home, but you can no longer swim there.

Guess I shoulda kept the fish and cooked them in Hot Creek! [emoticon]

Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4
04 Sunlite SB

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Death Valley Caravan Report pics & postmorti by jefe & Rick
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.