RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: MID ATLANTIC TC RALLY PHOTOS AND COMMENTS

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> MID ATLANTIC TC RALLY PHOTOS AND COMMENTS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
skipbee

Glen Arm,Md. 21057 USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/08 02:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BRADW, You would not be the fartherist to attend, and the trip up to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel can include some beautiful vistas. We air our tires down to 20 psi, your Jeep will float over the sand. We have a bank of powerful compressors at the entrance point. Our fellow Assateague Mobil Sportfishermans Assoc. members are all always ready to assist if someone has a problem, I've been stuck plenty, especially when I was discovering that the 19.5" delivery truck tires would not function when aired down, 4 or 5 trucks would appear to get me rollin in the blink of an eye. You will be suprised at how many TC's and other 4X4 rigs operate around here, it's a merry band, helpful,interested and lots of fun. You are well known by many of us,Ron H. used rv.net to set up much of the attendance. It would be at least a 5 day deal. I'm writing from the Federal Park Campground on the beach at Assateague at present, we use our 210,000 mile AWD 96 Explorer on the beach daily as I have not yet put the Nitto Sand Grapplers on our TC. It goes great on the sand, the US Park Rangers patrol the beach in Explorers and F-150 4X4's.
skip

* This post was edited 04/23/08 02:38pm by skipbee *

skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

jjohnson1179

Girdletree, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/08 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey brad you will not have any problems on the beach with your mud tires. I run nitto mud grapplers on my truck and they are awesome on the beach. so we can see you at the rally next year?

* This post was edited 04/24/08 06:44am by jjohnson1179 *

JIMMY JOHNSON
93 Ford F-250 V8 5.8
Sold my tc and got a TT
1987 LANCE 980 11.3

TRUCK CAMPER MAGAZINE

FEET IN THE SAND COLD BEER IN MY HAND

sasha_j

On the Road USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/08 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rally was a blast and kudos to Ron and Michelle. Fantastic job!!!! Food was great and company too.

We really enjoyed meeting folks, both new and returning. Among others, we met the Massachusetts Mafia lead by Mike Tassinari. This guy REALLY knows how to camp out and set up a base camp. Plus I'm glad his issues with Lance are over and he can simply enjoy TC'ing. The gang from Sandwich Mass was great. Thanks especially to (Mass) Ron's wife who lent Laura her laptop when hers froze up right at the start of her seminar! Thank goodness for backups on thumb-drives!

Congrats to Jimmy and Bling for their "Best" TCs. Next year, I would urge the judges to look more closely at other TC's besides custom fishing rigs though, nice as they are. Jerry and Paula from Nova Scotia had the nicest non-slide TC (a Citation) I've ever seen. And man, it was perfectly staged! They had my vote for sure. It looked like "Home&Gardens" inside!

Gary, Deb, Ralph, Sherry, Bob and Jan. What a crew....you guys are the best....Sorry Bruce and Kim had to go home early, hope Spott's mom is OK. Thanks also to Gordon and Angela for their amazing coverage of the event...

My only comment on improving the event: People, People, People, wear your name tags any time you are outside your camper!!!!!!!!!! First day, every day!!!!! Every night too!!!!! We can't remember all 200 of your names and it makes a friendlier event when you can call out other's names correctly.

Our Web Site

1999 Ford F450 7.3 PSD CC 4x2, Roll-A-Long Hauler Bed, 15,000 GVWR, 26,000 GCVWR, PacBrake PBRX, AIRSAFE 25K Air hitch & KSH 80 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box

2006 FR Sandpiper Sport F37 Toyhauler, 16K GVWR, 7K axles, 17.5" Wheels, 600W Solar

lancednconfused

Westminster, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/08 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to everyone for a great time. We already called and tried to reserve for next year!! We were able to get home just ahead of all the rain. Hope everyone that headed to the beach survived. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

2008 F350 CrewCab SD 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel Airbags Torklifts
2008 Lance 861

ogrer

Norwood On

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/08 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure we can do it!! Too much SNOW.

[image]

But we do 12 hr drive later SHARK ATTACK
[image]

DECKS of DREAMS
[image]

Friends in a dream camper

[image]

More friends less two, no Spott & Kim

[image]

Owner's and Dogs !!

[image]

Horses of AI
[image]

Soooo close

[image]

Sorry we did not take as much as normal, but here is what we have enjoy.

Thanks to Ron and Michelle for a wonderfull weekend

* This post was edited 04/23/08 07:30pm by ogrer *

Bob & Jan

Mainer1

Kittery Point, ME

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/08 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had the best weather in three years, note the sunburned face[emoticon]
Met some new friends and saw many old friends from past m.a.rallies!

Ron and Michelle, thank you both so much for all the hard work you both put into this years rally, it really showed!

Spot, If your reading this, thanks for your time and donations too! We hope everything is going well, our prayers go out to you and your family. I was the one blasting my car horn at you and Myrtle on the VA Beach side of the Bay Bridge Tunnel Wednesday.

[image]

2006 R-Vision Trail-Lite Model 251
Chevrolet 6.0 14,050lb. GVWR

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/08 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a tremendous time was had by all!

The 2008 Mid Atlantic TC Rally is now immortalized within Trip Reports, organized by:

Photo Sections 1 to 6;
Photo Section 1 Collective;
Video Section 1.

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Spott

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/08 11:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello everyone, I also want to say "Thank you" to Ron & Michelle for another Great job on the rally.
I want to thank everyone for their kind words and best wishes for my mother, she is home and doing much better now.

Ralph, you know I did hear a horn honk but did not see who it was.

I didn't get a chance to take many pictures but here's what I did get...

This is Myrtle as we headed to the rally from NC

[image]

When we got to Tall Pines John was nice enough to let us go along for a ride. Thanks John.

[image]

Captain John
[image]

First Mate Ann
[image]

Stowaway Kim
[image]

the evenings sunset at Tall Pines from Site BF2
[image]

[image]

I can't wait for next year [emoticon]

Me - Kim - Spot
2006 F-350 4x4 DRW V10 - 2005 Northern Lite 10-2000CD

What's behind the name? Screen name that is.

AISURFFISH

BERLIN MARYLAND

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/08 12:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I can't wait for next year "

me tooo!!!!!!!!!

april 16-20 2009

be there!!!!!!!

2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab
Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

trapperdick

Bridgton,Me.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/08 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great photos !! Maybe next year.............TD

OLDER AND BOLDER,,,,,N1ATF
Ford F-350 Dually Diesel, Lance 9SC, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 12 ft Hallmark trailer and Skeeter the camping beagle ">.........

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> MID ATLANTIC TC RALLY PHOTOS AND COMMENTS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.