|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Your Fuel/Oil comments - please post here

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 103  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Diesel is $4.749 this morning at Flying J in Smithton PA I-70 & Exit 49 and reg unl gas is $3.789.

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

jcapps

Not a senior just a

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/08 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did anyone see the Exxon exec before Congress yesterday complaining that they are not making enough profit? He was claiming that their profit is down from .10 to .04

Puleeeeeeeeeeese

They asked him if they are now supposed to feel bad for big oil.

These oil execs are too much.................

This run up in oil prices will lead to the destruction of the US. There is talk of oil exceeding $200 a barrel. Anyone thinking this is good for the country is not looking at the collateral damage. Stores, restaurants and many other businesses will close. Many places I frequent are now doing half or less of the business they used to do.

If $5 a gallon gas is doing this, imagine what $15 a gallon gas will do. Make no mistake this is a true possibility

I don't care what you do for a living, it will affect you or someone close to you in a devastating way.

"The great challenge of adulthood is holding on to your idealism after you lose your innocence."
– Bruce Springsteen

"This ain't the practice round"
- a friend

corgihauler

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many airlines recently started charging a fee for checking a second bag. Part of the reason for implementing the charge was fuel costs.

American Airlines just announced that they would start charging for the first checked bag. This is most likely to help with fuel costs also.

lwmuddy

So.carolina

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$15.00 per bag. THIS WEEK. Next week is another story.

Who is trying to crash or system?
Is it our own people? You know, the ones "UP HIGH".

This will get out of hand if it continues and I see NO GOOD reason for it.
Do we have no one in charge of the country that over sees it's well being?

I hear people talking in a panicky way lately. Not good.

kmb1966

Lake Charles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/08 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

topflite51 wrote:

Finally a place for fuel/oil comments.

There you are! Where have you been??? Since you've been out, it's gone up another $20 I think.

Bubby's RV

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/08 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

Diesel is $4.749 this morning at Flying J in Smithton PA I-70 & Exit 49 and reg unl gas is $3.789.

Wow! That's cheap. Diesel is $4.999 and regular is $4.039 to $4.109 around here.

John, Winnebago Minnie 24V

corgihauler

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lwmuddy wrote:

$15.00 per bag. THIS WEEK. Next week is another story.

Yep. So far Delta says they aren't planning to add one, but I think that'll change as fuel cost increases. I haven't heard if other airlines will begin charging for first bags also, but won't be surprised if they do.

The cruise industry has demonstrated that when one leads, others follow, so I think this is what will happen in the airline industry as well.

One cruise company began charging fuel surcharges and other lines followed suit. One line charged a couple of dollars more than the others and recently the others upped theirs from $5.00 to $7.00. The one collecting $7 per person per day has gone up to $9 per person per day. Now, how long will it be before the lines that just changed to $7 will go to $9 since a line is getting it?

The cruise lines were charging just the first two passengers in a cabin, now they are collecting fuel surcharge fees for other passengers staying in the cabin also. Fortunately the fees for the third + people is smaller than that of the first two people.

I understand the need companies have to collect more money to cover their costs. They need to stay in business.

There has been some alterations (reducing number of clothes, packing, getting to destinations, choosing destinations, length of stays, etc.) done to how people go about traveling now, but it will be interesting to see the changes yet to come.

shutdown

In The Dog House

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fuel is going to be $6/gal next year this time. we'll have to eat your offspring and maybe our domestic pets just to get by. Did you also hear that they are putting an additional tax on fuel sales of 20 or more gal? I heard a nickel a gallon after the first 20 but my buddy just it was going to be a dime. Either way it won't matter because in 2 years you won't be able to buy fuel, massive shortages are instore for us. But it doesn't effect me I am rich and can afford fuel at any cost.

**DISCLAIMER** The above message is completely fictional, designed to vent off the rumors that I hear everyday. I feel better now and will be returning to the rest of the forum where fuel price comments are no longer allowed.
THNAKS FOR LISTENING
~shutdown~

Mandrake

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....diesel at $5.09 across the street this morning.......

Mandrake
he ain't heavy..........he's my brother....

jwharris_95758

Sacramento, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/08 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a modest Idea after watching congress grill the oil exec. The oil execs should have made this proposal to congress. For the next 3 months we, the oil industry will sell gas at its wholesale cost. We will just break even and cover the cost to make and distribute the gas and diesel. However, both federal and state governments must agree not to tax the gas or diesel. Let us see who is more greedy, the oil companies or the government. You know the governments will never let go of the tax revenue. Oh today I saw Diesel at $5.15 a gallon.
The last time a government was so unresponsive to the needs of its people the people started to erect Guilotines.

2000 Suburban LS 5.3L 4.10 Gears
2003 28' Trail-lite 8283S

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 103  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Your Fuel/Oil comments - please post here
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.