RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV.net 6th Annual Class B Rally.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> RV.net 6th Annual Class B Rally.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Ray&Janie

Indianapolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/08 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe with the mini Rally so close to the B5 it took everyone longer to get back and then all the horrible rain and bad weather this year. It was a miracle you all made it to Nebraska it was so bad and even in Ohio the rain. Lucky it cleared for a great place and time.

I wonder if its possible that some of us would know of a nice place to nominate but cant really do it because of work or whatever?

If nothing else we moved the date back on someone saying something. It was looking pretty lonesome on this thread.

I guess we better go out and look for someplace too. I liked the Columbus, In place but we were in Ohio last year they may want a different direction. Ray liked Holiday World in Southern Indiana but I havent seen it yet.

Well at least some of us are talking so wake up. Its almost August you know.

Janie

Ray & Janie
Indianapollis, In
2005 Chevy Roadtrek 210V

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/08 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone considered going back to a previous B rally campgrounds?
At least you know what those campgrounds are like.

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Long_for_the_road

Chandler, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/08 10:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding meals/costs/sponsorships.

I would vote for provided meals. If sponsors can be found, great - else figure out the cost. Once I decide to drive cross-country, a reasonable fee to be able to relax and just talk to people would be my preference.

I'm more concerned that the "expectations" on the organisers get too high, and it becomes a thankless job - Thanks BTW for the great work done by the organisers at B5!! That was wonderful.

Maybe after Moab we can see if we can have B7 at a western site. Maybe too many questions to try to push for that for B6.

Shane

'99 Ford Extended van (converted)

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/08 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could it be Moab in October and Lafayette, LA in April spontaneously organized here is taking the urgency and enthusiasm off B6? Is regionalism starting?

If the RV.net B? is eastern oriented I am OK with it since we always need to be at the Indy 500 on Memorial Day and always want an excuse to see daughter and granddaughter in Northern Virginia. The RV.net Bs have worked out great for us the last two years.

Charles, Lake Erie is fine with us. Nancy grew up across the street from the lake in Bay Village, OH. A little nostalgia trip would be great. I could duplicate my old Thunder Road like back road courting trips of 7 hour in my 1958 Pontiac Bonneville from Indianapolis to Bay Village. [emoticon]

Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Jim&Carolyn

Chagrin Falls, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/08 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nick, we may be B-Less at the moment, but you know I'm still willing to help you anyway that I can with B-6 - or anyone for that matter.

Jim Tewell
2008 Roadtrek 210 Popular

charles

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/08 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There doesn't seem to be much activity re. hosts for B-6 so Chris and I have decided that over the next two weeks, we'll look at a couple campgrounds along the Lake Erie shoreline. Even though the site would again be in Ohio, the Lake Erie region is totally diffferent from the Hocking Hills area and close to a lot of major attractions. We'll get back to everyone after we make our visits.

We hope to see you all somewhere in 09,

Nick & Chris

2019 Thor Chateau 22B

GGup

SE, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/08 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davyyd wrote:

Could it be Moab in October and Lafayette, LA in April spontaneously organized here is taking the urgency and enthusiasm off B6? Is regionalism starting?
\

I am not sure on this, but, Spontaneously organized, seems an incorrect phrase for LA LA BEE SOCIAL. We had talked about this at NE NE BEE SOCIAL and Larry and Lory followed through with a site and planning.

One BIG difference between BEE SOCIAL GROUP and B-6, B-7 or whatever is that you do not have to have a "B" you only have to BEE SOCIAL.

Moab seemed to be only for "B" owners. That is fine with me.

BEE SOCIAL GROUP started as a mini-rally of friends and ended up a real BEE SOCIAL GROUP with no restrictions on type of rig or rules other than one: BEE SOCIAL!

Plan to attend LA LA BEE SOCIAL and become a BSG'er!

RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

Davydd

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/08 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary,

I thought LA LA was rather spontaneous. There wasn't much discussion. Larry just stood up and by golly announced he was going to organize one for Louisiana. No one objected and all cheered and urged him on. It was that simple (for us). Maybe Larry went through more gyrations we don't know about.

As for NE NE, it could not have happened without you, and you only knew the secret at the time how great the Niobrara location was. As I remember, leaving B4 we kind of assumed Niobrara would be B5. That did not turn out, but your "spontaneity" kept the BEE social alive. All who attended I believe I can say thank you for that.

Moab with JulieV with others had a similar vein. There was not a lot of group think or voting that went in to these socials. If you liked it you decided to go. The RV.net Bs have taken proposals, discussion and votes with maybe the exception of Salianron's Branson B3. That's what I meant by not being spontaneous.

Already we have LA LA, B6 and Saskatoon Pleasure-Way penciled in for 2009. I hope there are no conflicts. If they work for us, we'll be there god willing.

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/08 08:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's just nice to see that we have some talk going on now about B6. As for going to Ohio again for a rally that would be great.

My Roadtrek

Tucson, AZ.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/08 10:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a note here, and I will post it as the need arises.

All future Rallies, except for the Annual Class B Rally" will need to be posted, and ran from the "Rally" forum. Links can be posted in "CVC", and I may also make the link a sticky.

Rodger

* This post was edited 08/04/08 06:59pm by an administrator/moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 34  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> RV.net 6th Annual Class B Rally.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.