|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Alex and Julie's Romps to Utah-part 1

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/08 01:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moreno Valley to Staircase-Escalante Link
We left our home on May 31,2008, getting a late afternoon Saturday start. We planned on stopping (arriving very late) in St.George to visit our friends and as usual they always have new sights for us to see.
[image]
After breakfest (Sunday) we were off on our St.George tour, from a roadside turn outone can see the oldest church in St.George and the greater Dixie.
[image]
Our friends, Mel and Paula, took us to Tuacahn a liberal art school locateed in Snow canyon with a impressive outdoor stage
[image]
[image]

After a full day it was getting time for dinner and by a clear landslide victory the Roadside steakhouse won out. Roadside steak house didn't disappoint with fine tasting steaks that were served.
Like Saturday night we did driveway camping and woke up to a beautiful Monday morning. We said our good-byes after coffee and headed out of town for Zion NP.
[image]
Video link
I-15 north thru St.George has some road construction being done, but nothing that slowed us down.
[image]
Reaching Hwy 9 we headed east going thru the towns of Hurricane, LaVerkin, Rockville, and Springdale before reaching Zion.
Photo below is near LaVerkin overlook.
[image]
From here the town of Virgin could be seen
[image]
The Virgin River ran close to Hwy 9 in Rockville,the water looked so good I want to wade in it.
[image]
In Springdale we spotted our first deer of this trip.
Deer Video
Arriving at the main entrance to Zion NP.
[image]

At the entrance kiosk the ranger on duty measured the width of mmy camper from jack to jack, 94 inches is max width, I was under by 2 inches so no tunnel fee. From here we stopped by the visitor center, looked around, bought a map of Zion.
[image]
I spied a squirrel hiding in the near by bushes, people walking all around not spotting him. I had read that Zion was a busy place and it lived up to that, people abound everywhere. Next stop was the tunnel, we were told that there was road work at the tunnel entrance.
Zion Tunnel Video

Traffic was one way all day due to the road work, it would have defiantly been a tight fit if two way traffic was running. After getting thru Zion NP we drove to Hwy 89 to Hwy 12 with a few photo taking stops. With our end of the day in mind at Escalante NM for disperse camping and not knowing where to find a spot for the night we of course stopped at the Escalante Visitor Center. After inquiring about camping areas, one of the ranger suggested for us to go out on Spencer Flat Rd. a few miles down the road.
Ride the Lizard
[image]
We were able to find Spencer Flat Rd. turn off after passing it up. It's unmarked from Hwy 12 and in the bend of the road. Once found and traveling in about 3 miles from Hwy 12, I spied a chuck of land next to a cliff , that were we stopped for the night. Broke out the grill,the chicken didn't take long to bar-be-que.
A view that no amount of money can buy.
[image]
Philphs Arch in the distant.
[image]
End of a perfect day, bar-be-que chicken and my favorite adult drink..jack n coke
[image]
Part 2...Escalante to Arch View Rv park in moab coming soon...
Alex and Julie

* This post was last edited 08/11/08 02:03pm by c.traveler2 *   View edit history

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Posted to Trip Reports...

Wish we were there, too!

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Hiker3

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 04:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that looks like a FUN Trip! Nice photos!

Livin Lite Quicksilver 8.0 (Folding Tent Camper) only 900 lbs!

bigjimcruising

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/08 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And you didn't invite any of us???? Well nice trip and photos anyhow! Sure wish I was on the road!

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 engine with winch and service body. Getting it ready for a new camper and then hit the trails!

DonCurley

La Sal, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/08 10:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Alex! Great write-up and pics! I don't know how I managed to miss this thread, but seeing that Part II has now been posted made me want to search for Part 1 (until I saw your handy link). I am going to go back to Part 2 now. [emoticon]

Don

-'07 Dodge 3500/QC/SB/SRW/4x4/6.7L CTD/6-spd auto/35" Toyo MT's/Ride-Rite air bags/RS9000XL shocks
-'07 Apex 8 fully optioned w/220W solar/2 T-145's/2KW Prosine/Honda EU2000i/Tundra fridge/AC/etc
-'00 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4, highly modified w/5.9L Magnum V8

Steve_in_29

St Johns, AZ (SEMPER FI)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/08 10:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too missed Part1 (probably from the problems getting into the Forum) and am looking forward to Part3.

2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Alex and Julie's Romps to Utah-part 1
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.