|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: Mount Orford Park, Quebec

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/08 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing your trip and wonderful pictures, it makes me want to be back on the road.

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

rhode trip

Rhode Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silversand, very interesting write-up, Thanks! We've been through that area numerous times but have never visited the Mont Orford Parc. We drove through Thetford mines and then down towards Magog last year on some interesting gravel roads. SEPAQ really does a first class job, in my opinion(of course, they aren't cheap, either!). They remind me more of the Appalachian Mountain Club than a government agency. We spent a couple of nights last February in a similar style of hut in the Corcovado rainforest in Costa Rica, but it didn't have the cooking facilities.

2002 Dodge 3500 CTD/DRW/
2000 Northern Lite 10-2000cd

www.LapelPinPlanet.com

John H

Kansas City Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank You very much Silver (s),
Gosh, I enjoy these travel restpets !!! DW and I have been to Canada to fish, three times. And EVERY time its the mornful, beautiful sound of those Loons that we know when we arive and miss when we leave. There are parts of these states and surelly in Canada that when you are there, somehow you know that all is wright in Heaven, and I realize that God sure has given us alot to see. If only we would stop and take the time to smell the roses.

John H

FarcticOx

NH or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/08 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silver, great trip report. We've been mulling over a Fall trip after the NE Rally [emoticon]...I think we just found it [emoticon].

Great pics. and the bike trail sounds nice. Any mountain bike trails nearby?

FarcticOx

Run Silent, Run Deep
BLOG
2003 F350 Diesel DRW.
2005 Arctic Fox B1150 solar powered dry camper.
220 Watts Solar, 2 300AH 6 volt AGMs, Yamaha EF1000iS Generator

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 06:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sid:

Parts of the Quebec road bike trails wind all around our house, within 10 minutes of it anyway (we're about a 2~3 hour bike ride from Orford).

At one point, It winds over Hwy 10, and into Bromont itself (I think you've done this section?).

Farctic:

Silverdunes is in the process of completing research on mountain biking for your coming trip here [emoticon]

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silverdunes

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fartic Ox,

Mount Orford does not offer mountain biking trails, only walking and hiking trails. The Park has a section of "La Route Verte" (the TransQuebecoise Cycling Trail) that crosses the park from East to West.

The best place near by for Mountain Biking is Bromont.

The Bromont mountain offers around 100 kilometers of "mountain biking" paths. Here is a link to their map.
http://www.skibromont.com/veloen.asp?sec=1&langue=e&page=49

The mountain also hosts the Mountain Bike World Cup from the 1st to 3rd of August, where the top mountain bike riders in the world, both male and female, will be there.

When you decide to try out Camping at Orford, PM us, and we'll meet you there!

Silverdunes
Outfitter Caribou, Silverado 2004
Silversand and 2 stay@homecats

silverdunes

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In addition for all interested in mountain biking in Quebec and Canada, here is a link to the web page

http://www.canadatrails.ca/mtb/mtbqc.html

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mountain biking in eastern North America (Quebec):

There are several locations around the World for world-class mountain biking, and we have 2 of them: Bromont and Mont Sainte Anne. Bromont is only a 20-minute drive from Orford Park. Orford Park has plenty of road bike trails, but if you are looking for (world-class or just easy) bona fide mountain biking on professionally-created marked trails, then Bromont is THE place MB trail map here-->

The UCI Mountain Bike World Cup is only held at 3 places in all the Americas, and 2 are right here: one within 6-minutes of us (the others are: Spain, Belgium, Germany, Pyrenees mountains (Andorra), Scottish Highlands, Australia, New Mexico (US), and Austria).

We live right in what is considered the Steamboat Springs of Eastern Canada if you will (surrounded by Eastern Townships mountains, and completely surrounded (and I mean completely!) by world-class horse ranches; a riding trail goes right by our driveway entrance).

Cheers,
Silver-

* This post was last edited 07/11/08 07:57am by silversand *   View edit history

eubank

bosque farms, nm

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

... The UCI Mountain Bike World Cup is only held at 3 places in all the Americas ... New Mexico ... Silver-

Yep, that's the one held here in Angel Fire, up on the slopes just down (up?) the street from our house. It is quite an event!

[emoticon]
Lynn

Pics and stuff at my Flickr pages

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/08 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice write-up Silvers(s)...when I think of the lakes of the northcentral/northeast I hear loons in my head and I was hearing them looking at your pictures, especially the dock and sunset photos (or was that YOU making the sound?) Anyway, sounded nice.

2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: Mount Orford Park, Quebec
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.