|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC trip #2 - Radium -> White Swan FSR

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
AndyLyyc

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/08 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got back and unpacked [emoticon] Time for a quick trip report; before I go back to work tomorow...

Plan was to go bum around radium / white swan area for a week; except we have this horrible habit of not planning and just going with the flow... [emoticon]

As usual, planned to leave thursday, that got delayed until friday because of TC repairs not being finished TC Project thread

First night was at Spur valley just north of radium; overnighted with the 4x4 club I belong to (they were doing the typical long weekend run). Found out my patching of the front roof vent failed... Ah well; we have tarps...
waking up in Spur Valley (group camp area)
[image]

Wee hours arrival, early morning head out to the radium hot springs; Would have loved to go for a run; but the 4runner's impatiently awaiting a new engine.

Headed for White Swan FSR, The ladies love the hot springs - they wanted to be close to lussier hot springs.

East Fork Rec Site was our eventual destination (checked out a dozen odd camping areas along the way) no services, no fees, but there's an outhouse!

East fork Rec Site
[image]
[image]
[image]
Got setup, got dinner going, and the heavens opened up... Thus the night was cut a little short...
[image]

lussier hot springs
[image]

Stopped on White Swan FSR (psst watch for logging trucks!)
[image]

Mom & calf not 100' from our campsite
[image]

And of course... The heavens opened again... So ends day 3...
[image]

The girls wanted to check out Fairmont hot springs [emoticon]
[image]

However when we got back, our neighbour had headed home and we took over their prime spot [emoticon]
[image]

Tuesday, was much nicer still pretty cool - hung around camp with the wobblies, some redneck white water rafting ensued [emoticon] This will teach DW to keep the boat in the TC at all times [emoticon]
[image]

Beautiful evening though
[image]

Today, we woke up to rain, that sealed it - headed for home... Made for a spectactular drive down hwy 93 to castle though:
[image]

Great trip! Few minor issues to address with the TC; Having a grounding issue with the water pump + the brake lights come on when it's turned on?! Seem to have a grounding issue in the kitchen / overhand lights (must be related to pump I'm thinking) And for some strange reason - camper batteries aren't being charged through the 7 pole anymore (luckily solar was keeping us semi charged) Think this is all related, just need to sort out how/what/where...

spkncarl

That Way

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/08 05:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fantastic...[emoticon]

Great pics...[emoticon]

Fort_Turner

Sherburne, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/08 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics - looks like everyone had a great time! Congrats on getting the TC.

2006 Terry Quantium 2952BS 5'ver
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 LB V10

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/08 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice pictures. TC'n is a lot of fun ain't it! Good to see you've got that Camper all fixed up and are making such good use of it. You folks are rapidly approaching the cold season up North there aren't you. Followed by continued cold and dark untill spring when there will be scattered light, followed by more light and warm. We have been doing a fair amount of fall and winter camping and I bet you can too. Get that roof vent fixed and keep having fun.

Jeff

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

AndyLyyc

Calgary

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/08 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TC'ing is a bit less work than true camping... It was pretty cool & wet - peaks kept getting snowed overnight; but that (I'm guessing its' a gravity heater) works quite nicely [emoticon]

We'll be out for at least one more trip this fall - unfortunately DW is on shift every weekend in sept, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an indian summer giving us a few nice weekends in october...

Oldtymeflyr

Arapahoe Hills, CO

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/08 11:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good post. Looks like fun.

c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/08 02:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pictures and a nice story, I got the feeling that it was still a good trip despise the weather. Thanks for sharing your trip with with all of us.

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/08 06:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the TR!

I'll be entering more TRs shortly...hang in there [emoticon]

Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC trip #2 - Radium -> White Swan FSR
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.