RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone make a mistake buying first MH ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone make a mistake buying first MH ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 51  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
diesel Dave

Central Oregon/ Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ya, put too much money into her.

1997 40' American Tradition ( performance modified 300hp Cummins). Semi-fulltime traveler & fulltime adventurer.

rvten

Crossville,TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/02 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes we also rented first. Tried a class C after 2 weeks decided it was going to be a class A or nothing. The 27' Allegro was fine but as we spent more time in the MH decided we needed to go bigger. Thats when I made my mistakes. [emoticon]

Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

Peralko

San Antonio, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we got to the point of wanting to buy a motorhome, we started to look at 24-28-foot models. After we had looked at several floorplans, we decided we needed to move up to a 34-footer, so we would have a bedroom, bath, of course, a kitchen with a dinette, and a couch. By the time we crammed all of that into a floorplan, 34 feet ended up minimum. Scary at first, but we were glad we hadn't gone shorter, or we would have been itching to replace it much sooner.

Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

cdc

New Braunfels,TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/02 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did we make a mistake buying our first RV? Yes. I should have listened to advice from all our RV friends and bougth the DP first. We had a TT, bought a 33' HR Vactioner(Gas) and then 6 months later bought the 40' HR Imperial(DP). Didn't listen and it cost a few extra dollars to upgrade.

Corky, Gracie, and the Herd
HR Imperial DP
Jeep Liberty

me be Dave

Torrance,Calif.

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YES BOUGHT A FLEETWOOD !!

Burfman

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/02 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if I have made a mistake or not as we will take possession on Friday of our first M/H, a '99 CC Allure 36' single slide. I have looked for over 3 1/2 years and moved up and down from a 32' to a 40' and finally bought the 36'. This one has a good floor plan that should work well for my wife and I. Picked up a ton of information from this forum that without it I could not have made the informed decision I did. We will part time now and full time in about 3 years (retirement). I will give you a follow-up after the shakedown cruise to Mexico for "Cinco da Mayo".

Bill & CJ

Norm F

West Hills, Ca, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, bought a 1988 Pace Arrow. Two delaminations later, along with absolutely poor or no quality control, I sold it and bought a Holiday Rambler Endeavor ---- what a difference!

98 HR Endeavor 36' Gas
96 Saturn Toad

wayhamm

Charlotte, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn't do enough research and bought an older DP with an engine that was too small (190hp), 4 speed Allison and no auxillary brakes. It appeared to be in really good condition- including a new paint job, but I also discovered it had a delamination problem. I was able to trade it after only 8 months of ownership for a DP I am very pleased with.

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found that boats and motorhomes have the same thing in common. The next one will be 2-3 feet longer. If you enjoy the first one with it's minor inconveniences who cares. It isn't a mistake, it's a learning experience where you are having fun while learning. Enjoy whatever you get until you trade for the next one.

1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Trektiger

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/02 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our first Class A (1997 Safari Trek) a year ago last March after thinking about buying one for a year. The Trek ideally fit our buget, and home storage space. Todate, we have been totally pleased with the purchase. The biggest concern I had--"Would we use the coach enough to justify the purchase and would it be liveable?" Over the 13 months we were able to get out three times. Six thousands miles and four months later I can say we made the right purchase for us.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 51  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone make a mistake buying first MH ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.