|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Western fishing trip

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
narcodog

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/08 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On Aug 18 I headed West and landed three days later in Pinedale, Wy. I restocked my rig then headed up toward the upper Green river. I boondocked for five days. The fishing was great the weather was great. It got down to 24 one night and I found out what a great purchase I had made when I bought a Wave 3 heater. I also used my mattress heater so after four days I had to run the Kipor. It charged the battery but at 8k feet it wouldn't handle the microwave. If I had put in the high altitude jet in it might have done better.

From there I went over the ridge to the upper Gros Ventre where I stayed for six days and just relied on the Wave so I never had to charge the battery. I then went to Jackson and spent one night at an ex KOA to dump and re charge the battery.

I fished many of the Blue Ribbon streams and the fishing was great. Five thousand miles and everything in the Lance worked great, not one hiccup. I have made several changes to the Lance but the Wave is one of the best buys I made.

[image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image] [image]

I finally got the photo's posted

* This post was last edited 11/09/08 08:47pm by narcodog *   View edit history

Dennis&JoAnn

Security, Co

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/08 08:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Narcodog...I agree about the Wave. Saves a lot of propane and I like that it's silent. I would like to see how you plumbed yours into your gas lines, if you've got pics. I plumbed it in under the stove top with a quick disconnect in a closet.

Dennis

littlebigbar

Victoria, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/08 09:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't care about the WAVE, i want to see fishin pictures!

'01 F350, SRW, CC, 4x4 longbox
Rancho 9000x, Firestone Ride-Rites, factory swaybars
'04 Bigfoot 9.6 and '96 Coleman Cheyenne (popup)

KitchenBuilder

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/08 09:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hell yeah! Let's see some pics! Flyfishing? Let's briefly turn this into a fishing forum...with the moderators blessing, of course.

littlebigbar

Victoria, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/08 10:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ya, flyfishing! Bring it on!

[image]

luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/08 05:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

C'mon, neighbor...we want PIXS! Please tell me you took some. Dave.

2004 Northern Lite 10-2000RR, 1999 F250

luv2skyski.com

Northern Lite Owners

Truck Camper Enthusiasts Map

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

narcodog

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/08 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took plenty pics but I have to get someone to show me how to up load them. The biggest was a 21in Bow, 41/2 lbs. (not my estimate} that I caught in the Box Canyon of the Henry's Fork on a size 8 rubber leg that I tied myself. The largest Brown was 18in. The largest Cutthroat was 17in.

I plumbed the Wave from a tee under my tanks that was there from the factory. I ran a 4 ft section up of supply line into the tank bay. Them I drilled a hole through the wall of the tank bay into a small cabinet under the fridge. I attached a shut off them attached a 10ft section of supply line with a quick disconnect.

I don't have room to mount it so I made a hanging bracket that I hang from either two over head cabinets. One is over the sink the other over the dinnette which faces the wet bath that way I can move it around and out of the way. Also the heat gets directed to where I want it. It does make it somewhat of a pain when you move the rig as you have to stow it. I also took some light weight aluminum and made a heat shield that I slip over the hanging bracket to protect the cabinets. That might not be necessary but I feel better.

When running the supply line through the wall of the tank bay I used rubber coated pipe clamps to secure the line. then I wrapped the line in plastic wire wrap just for extra measure.

One thing though I got the "3" and maybe I should have gotten the "6" more for my wife more than myself. There were a few mornings that I had to turn on the house heater.

Last winter I added extra insulation in the cab over and put really good mattress' in and I did not feel any cold penetration from the bottom. I left ventilation open but still had a lot of condensation. That didn't bother me but might someone else.

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/08 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

go to a photo hosting site - there are plenty of free ones. I use photobucket - follow the site's directions on uploading photos.

Once uploaded, come here and use Advanced Posting, you'll see the image icon above the box - looks like a picture or postcard of a mountain - and paste in your url to your pictures.

If you use photobucket, one of the links it provides is IMG, where you just click on IMG field, it copies the correct url and image syntax to your clipboard. Come here and just paste that into your message and your photo will show up in-line. Caution, images are hosted full-size and should be resized (save a copy) before posting here. Photobucket offers Preset sizes; medium seems to fit nicely.

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

Reddog1

El Dorado, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/08 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately, the Wave3 and Wave6 only have two settings, low and high. If I remember correctly, the Wave6 low temp is about the same as the Wave3 high setting. With a TC, the Wave6 cannot be set low enough. If you open enough windows, you might get it low enough, but you will be burning lots of propane. Unless you are in the extreme cold, I think the Wave6 low setting is too high, for a TC.

While living in my TC during my work week, I found the most effective was to turn the Wave3 on the low setting, knowing that about 2 or 3 AM, it would not be enough. With the furnace thermostat set at my lowest preferred temp, it would kick on once or maybe twice to hold the temp. My furnace thermostat was set to go on at 6 AM, and bring the TC up to 70 degrees.

In real cold weather, I would set the Wave3 on high at night, instead of low. My point is I use the Wave3 for the basic heat, with the furnace to top it off if needed.

I preferred to mount my Wave3 semi-permanent.

Wayne

narcodog

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/08 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reddog1 wrote:

Unfortunately, the Wave3 and Wave6 only have two settings, low and high. If I remember correctly, the Wave6 low temp is about the same as the Wave3 high setting. With a TC, the Wave6 cannot be set low enough. If you open enough windows, you might get it low enough, but you will be burning lots of propane. Unless you are in the extreme cold, I think the Wave6 low setting is too high, for a TC.

While living in my TC during my work week, I found the most effective was to turn the Wave3 on the low setting, knowing that about 2 or 3 AM, it would not be enough. With the furnace thermostat set at my lowest preferred temp, it would kick on once or maybe twice to hold the temp. My furnace thermostat was set to go on at 6 AM, and bring the TC up to 70 degrees.

In real cold weather, I would set the Wave3 on high at night, instead of low. My point is I use the Wave3 for the basic heat, with the furnace to top it off if needed.

I preferred to mount my Wave3 semi-permanent.

Wayne

R.D. that's basically what I did as I remembered you saying the 6 was too much. It was really your recommendation that I bought the Wave. It saved me a lot of LP and Amps.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Western fishing trip
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.