RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was a whirlwind trip . . . literally! The drive up to Bend Oregon was gorgeous . . . sunny, no wind, clear skies, unlimited visibility and temps in the high 70's. On the way home, sheets of water, howling winds, lightning, thunder and wind and wind shear that made for a very slow drive with the new precious cargo.

I had to hit the ground running as election time is really busy in the office. I hope to spend some more time with our new family member this weekend.

The people at Host were incredible people . . . I can't say enough great things about them. They were definitely the "craftsmen" of the business, as staffs shrink in this economy it seems the ones with the most experience and skill remain.

The Factory in Bend, Oregon:

[image]

[image]

Coming out of the hanger:

[image]

Finishing touches:

[image]

Adjusting rear camera:

[image]

Electricians:

[image]

Testing new Honda genset:

[image]

Gas/Propane switch:

[image]

Rear storage/Batteries:

[image]

Converter/Inverter area:

[image]

Under kitchen counter:

[image]

Dinette:

[image]

Rear Couch:

[image]

Control Panel Over Door:

[image]

Kitchen Entertainment Area:

[image]

Power Panel:

[image]

Home Theatre:

[image]

Bedroom:

[image]

Bedroom Entertainment:

[image]

Wave 6 Heater:

[image]

Satellite Internet:

[image]

Internet Hookup:

[image]

* This post was last edited 11/17/08 11:50am by Mooney *   View edit history

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

TwoMaineiacs

Near Freeport, Maine

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lordy is that a beautiful camper. I'm in envy over your exterior storage and quad battery bank. We're still very happy with our Host Rainier and will be using it this weekend. Good to get a personal report from your factory visit. Host has been exceptional about answering any email questions.

2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Best pics I've seen yet of the Host. Here's hoping Host is one of the TC manufacturers that stay in business, as they are cutting edge. Were they doing well, as far as production? That is one impressive rig...best of luck. I've been reading up and researching all of the TC brands, and I think you picked well! I love the roomy floorplan! [emoticon]

Here is an 2008 Host Everest floorplan and pictures for the rest of us to salivate over. It really has as much room inside with 3 slideouts as some Class C motorhomes! [emoticon]

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. ">

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 11:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SHEEPDOG wrote:

Mooney,

Did you get to run the Honda genset? How was the noise, vibration etc...?

Noise is about the same as the Onan 2.5, stats say it's quieter but reality is that it's a toss up as one is a higher pitch and the other is lower.

The twin cylinder has zero vibration and comes with a great dampening mount. It's capable of running on gasoline, natural gas and propane.

Very powerful I turned the A/C, DVD, both TV's, convection oven and didn't seem like it was breaking a sweat.

Hope I am not blowing this by releasing the info prematurely but Host will be making this generator available in the Everest. Not sure what they'll charge but I can't imagine it would be more than $500 over the Onan option.

Beddows

Abbotsford, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice you have Reico jacks. Is host using those as standard or did you request them. I am pretty happy with mine & Bob at Reico is great. I am having some issues with one of them, but I will be stopping at their distributor in LA in January to get the head swapped out or adjusted. The only thing I am not so crazy about is the manual operation. You have to pop the cover on the top & then use a 3/8 drive to operate them & they are tough to turn. The one trouble maker has necessitated my doing a couple of turns manually to free it and I worry about the cap eventually giving out, but bob sent me a couple of spare. So far I think they're great. I'll try & connect with you in Jan & see your new rig.

Virgil_Diesel

Home of SF 49ers

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Looks like the mother of all Truck Campers. Did you buy that direct from Host or a dealer is involved?

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a reeally impressive layout, with three slides, and the best truck to carry it.

I saw the 4 batteries and my jaw dropped! You will have a decent sized battery bank for your SW inverter and that Honda that is shoehorned into the drivers side compartment looks great!

Have fun camping!

Fred.

JacintoKid

San Antonio, Texas (formerly sheepdog)

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mooney,

Did you get to run the Honda genset? How was the noise, vibration etc...?

2014 Toyota tacoma 4WD
2014 FourWheel Camper Fleet model
OME full suspension swap

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Virgil_Diesel wrote:

Wow! Looks like the mother of all Truck Campers. Did you buy that direct from Host or a dealer is involved?

Purchased it through dealer, factory can't sell direct.

John H

Kansas City Mo.

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A very, very good looking pair !!!!Congratulation & many happy voyages. Oh, and one other thing..."Everthing has its place, and a place for everthing". My grandmothers words echo in my ear when looking at the under sides of your photos. Long ago In trying to teach me that when you pay attention to detail neat and order, everone benifets.

John H

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.