RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TwoMaineiacs wrote:

Lordy is that a beautiful camper. I'm in envy over your exterior storage and quad battery bank. We're still very happy with our Host Rainier and will be using it this weekend. Good to get a personal report from your factory visit. Host has been exceptional about answering any email questions.

I was originally shocked when you guys traded for the Host. Dave Hogue mentioned at the factory that a Host is to the camper world like the Master Craft is to the boating industry. I returned back to the factory after using the camper for a day for shakedown before leaving Bend.

I mentioned to Dave it was great to spend my first night in a Master Craft.

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

purchased through dealer so why did you factory pickup? Some of us are curious. Thanks in advance and for sharing your photos!

SP

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 11:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow!

Clicking back and forth thru the pictures I marvel at the amount of space in the "basement". Looking forward to pics of the interior. Thanks again for sharing your "baby" with us.

I really like the way Host worked with you. I'm going to stop in at my Host dealer at the next show.

See you out there,

SP, MP,& Ollie
Lance 1071 ">

Beddows

Abbotsford, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of small manufacturers do that. Snowriver often did dealer sales in the US & people picked up at the factory in Canada with the manufacturer driving it the 30 min to the border to clear customs. Saves money and if there are issues they can be resolved on site.

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BroncosFan wrote:

purchased through dealer so why did you factory pickup? Some of us are curious. Thanks in advance and for sharing your photos!

I was trying to build a very custom camper. Most dealers sell a variety of RV's and have limited knowledge of the modifications I was requesting.

Bill Penney at East End Campers is the only person I have spoken with who knows campers inside and out . . . every major brand. Unfortunately he was in Long Island and I was nearly 3k miles away. He worked with me and the factory to get this camper built the way I wanted. It was a team effort and after owning 6 campers since the 70's I had a pretty specific demand list. Bill Penny at East End Campers and Dave Hogue at Host gave me a reality check on what could and couldn't be done and really came with some ideas that were very creative.

Some examples; they got the Honda generator installed, built the electrical system to run through the Prosine converter/inverter so that all my outlets could produce inverted power including running the fridge on A/C while driving, allowing me to turn my propane off. They ducted the A/C to the bedroom area and it works great. Installed the Garret "See Level" gauges so I no longer have to worry about sensor fouling and have a much more accurate read on my tanks. Built custom shelves and cabinets throughout. Overall they worked as a team to really make a great camper.

rkortes

Citrus Heighs, CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 01:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three letters.... WOW!!!

Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax/Ali
Toy Hauler - 2008 Ragen FA3005
The Journey Is The Destination!

luv2travelnow

midwest

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thats a hell of a first step did the give you a latter to get up the steps???

2006 GMC Long Bed
2001 Jayco 23B HTT
19?? WIFE AS YOUNG AS ALWAY

F100jetmech

Chiloquin, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mooney,
I saw you and the new camper when you were heading south on hwy 97 just north of Klamath Falls. I was on my way home, I live in Chiloquin. Nice set-up, it really stands out going down the road!

'15 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi
'06 S&S Montana Bitterroot 8.5ASC
'04 Jetcraft 1625SK 16' boat
'14 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/08 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is nice!
Brad

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Raiders5

Morgan Hill, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/08 11:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rkortes wrote:

Three letters.... WOW!!!

Three letters....WOWS!....uh....that's 4 letters (jobs)!

Cool camper Mooney. You bringing it to Yosemite in a couple weeks?

Raiders5
2005 F-350 PSD, Crew Cab, 2WD Dually, Lariat, ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Edge Insight, Air Bags, Rancho 9000's w/in Cab Control, Torklift Stable Loads
2005 Lance Max 1181 All Options

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new Host Everest (Finally Interior Photos!)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.