RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Anyone ever try "Lemon Law-ing" a UTV???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Anyone ever try "Lemon Law-ing" a UTV???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Newbie4Life

Cadott, WI

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/08 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Guys,

I'm just looking for a little help here -- I'm more than a little disgusted -- at myself.

I could've put this in the "Chinese ATV" post... but it's a little different.

Problem #1... I bought a Joyner. Chinese Junk.

Problem #2... I had a REALLY good salesman, who said all the right things.

If I would've taken the time to research, like I usually do, I would've found I was being lied to right from the start.

I bought this thing about 2 months ago. It has a 3 month warranty on it, so I figure I better act fast:

The sales brochure says Joyner is an Arizona company, and so did the salesman. After doing very little digging, I see it's made in China. Disgusted, because I don't even shop at Wal-crap because of all of the chinese junk there. I feel like a traitor. [emoticon](

Winch didn't work at the dealership... Salesman had his "technician" look at it, and fixed it. First time on the trail, it didn't work again. Broke fenders trying to get it "unstuck".

Then, it overheated. The dealership did not fill with antifreeze. Then, they replaced it with an "almost new" one. Had more miles than my "new" one. The dump box doesn't fit right on it, and smells like something is burning everytime you run it.

Then, 3 weeks ago (just before hunting season) The rear differential went out of it while my wife was driving around the yard. The Owner said that apparently I'm "hard on equipment." This raised MY temperature level, and I overheated. After calming down, he then told me that Joyner had some differential problems. Something about not hardening the gears or something.

Got it fixed, bring it home, now I have a puddle of oil on my brand new garage floor 12" round.

Radio that comes with it doesnt' work. Salesman said the radio will be replaced. Owner won't do it, because it's more trouble than it's worth.

Won't start if it's less than 20 degrees outside. Seems to be an issue when it's been less than 20 degrees since November 20th. Only way it will start is if i put the jumper cables on it. Owner of dealership said to "buy a new battery. Batteries are not covered by warranty." When I asked if he's sold any of these to people that use them in the winter (salesman said he's sold a ton of them -- to loggers even.) he didn't know if anyone uses them in the winter. When I inquired about the longevity of these things, he replied, "There's a reason they're about $5k less than the others."

This is a 2008 Joyner Commando C4 with less than 80 miles on it (45 were on it when I got it.)

Are ATVs exempt from the Lemon Law? Don't get me wrong -- I like the TYPE of machine, but I've had it with my dealership, and the company.

Any ideas from the greatest group of RVers on the planet?

Thanks,
Jason

2003 Silverado SS, 4.10s, 6.0 H.O., All Wheel Drive
2006 Outback

Oxfofd, Fl

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/08 06:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OUCH

Facebook/The manatees of Halls river.Sam and Gail Oxford Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

04superduty

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/08 06:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you need to check with your individual state about lemon laws, each state has different laws. good luck,and let us know what happens.

04 F350 6.0PSD/TS EC SB
07 Outback Sydney edition

desert_dad

Orange County

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/08 07:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe sue in small claims court for recission of contract. Just a thought from a non-lawyer.

You bought something that doesn't seem to do its job properly.

You want your money back and they can have their machine that doesn't work.

Might be worth a try.

Andrew

Strabo

Hooligan #96 -KampRat -Offroader

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/08 08:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sell it..........

04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Newbie4Life

Cadott, WI

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/08 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desert_dad wrote:

Maybe sue in small claims court for recission of contract. Just a thought from a non-lawyer.

You bought something that doesn't seem to do its job properly.

You want your money back and they can have their machine that doesn't work.

Might be worth a try.

Andrew

I like this idea the best. It'd be one thing to have a poor product, or poor service, but I've got the corner on both of these.

I thought I'd better get my whole story down on paper, so I can keep all of the events in a timeline straight.

I have 4 full pages.

It's unreal.

Thanks for the ideas. I feel bad for the pro-Joyner folks out there... I'm not trying to bash their machines. I just don't want to be a part of the Joyner group... not after this. I've even tried calling and e-mailing Joyner. i'ver received nothing back from them for e-mails, and I must be calling at the wrong time of day, because I get their machine that says the office is closed.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/08 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Newbie,

Just a quick reminder of the forum rules:
Forum Rules wrote:

Posts are not allowed in which a local or state consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.

I'm not sure how long this thread can last, because there's not much room to talk it out and not cross the "legal" line. Hopefully folks can keep this in mind as they reply--it will keep the thread open longer.

With that said, how did you pay? Has it been less than 60 days? If you paid with a credit card and it's been less than 60 days, you can file a dispute with your bank. (Doesn't work if it's a PIN based transaction with a debit card though.)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/08 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ask too, how did you pay ?

If you were smart, you financed it nothing down, and 100% financed, even if you have tons of money. Now you must first give the dealer a reasonable chance to take it back, and if they refuse, call the finance company, tell them what junk it is, and that you have made your last payment. And if.... like in my experience, you will get a call from the dealer, chewing on you for ever calling the bank, and offering to make everything right,....or in my case, sent me a check for all my losses.

Never pay for anything up front ! You will be amazed at how much power the finance companys have over the dealers. W/o them, the dealers are finished !

I just bought a new 610 Kawi Mule, $6200 total, no money down, $59 a month. But I'll pay it off in 6 months,...after the dealer has shown to be responsible, w/ warranty issues, etc.

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

dkiewicz

Hesperia, Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/08 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rent a small plane. Load up the thing up and take a short flight over the dealership. At about 4500AGL open the door and push that thing out the door over the dealership with a note stating, I am returning this equipment because it is a piece of junk. [emoticon]

Yes I am joking, but I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I'm afraid you now have a very expensive boat anchor. I took mine back to the seller on consignment and took a 20% hit. Lesson learned....

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope you get some satisfaction. Chinese made products are crap. They are also very dangerous. With the trouble your having, think about how the handlebars might fold on you going over a log at the top of a hill, I don't like to think about it. But if the gears aren't hardened correctly, what else isn't?

I'll repeat what was said to me that I ignored, buy from the big 5, you pay more but you get peace of mind and safety.[emoticon]

* This post was edited 12/17/08 11:09am by an administrator/moderator *

Newbie4Life

Cadott, WI

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/08 07:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RJsfishin wrote:

I ask too, how did you pay ?

If you were smart, you financed it nothing down, and 100% financed, even if you have tons of money. Now you must first give the dealer a reasonable chance to take it back, and if they refuse, call the finance company, tell them what junk it is, and that you have made your last payment. And if.... like in my experience, you will get a call from the dealer, chewing on you for ever calling the bank, and offering to make everything right,....or in my case, sent me a check for all my losses.

Never pay for anything up front ! You will be amazed at how much power the finance companys have over the dealers. W/o them, the dealers are finished !

I just bought a new 610 Kawi Mule, $6200 total, no money down, $59 a month. But I'll pay it off in 6 months,...after the dealer has shown to be responsible, w/ warranty issues, etc.

I financed it -- I didn't know the banks would be an advocate for having issues resolved. You made me call my long-time friend at the bank. He will be calling the dealership in the a.m. He made the remark that legally, there's not much room they have, however, he can make it difficult for anyone that would like to purchase from his company again, and finance through them. They have 3 different dealerships, and sell more than Junk-ners. To give you an idea of this guy, he sold Daewoo cars about 3 months prior to them being bought out by GM, and done away with.

I have told my story to many here locally, and after I tell them where I purchased my Chinese Namakamagucci crap, the statment to follow is, "You didn't buy it from __________, did you?"

Yeap. I did. It's interesting that I didn't hear anything about this guy until now. It's a small town dealership - 2500 people or so to the town. Yet, he's still in business.

Thanks for the "non-legal" tip.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Anyone ever try "Lemon Law-ing" a UTV???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS