RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Weekend Trip: TCs rule the (A-Basin) beach - no sand...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Weekend Trip: TCs rule the (A-Basin) beach - no sand...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Butch50

Fyffe, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 11:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

btggraphix,

Thanks for your pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all. Take care of that leg and don't be causing any more injury to it beore it can heal up totally, remember motorcycle season is just around the corner so you need to be healed up for it also.

My wife, when she was younger use to ski A-Basin all of the time this has been many years ago but we won't talk about how many years [emoticon] She is a Golden, CO native. After we got married we lived in Arvada, Coal Creek Canyon and then in Golden. Our last place was at 5205 Easley Rd. I lived in the area for over 27 years.

Thanks again for the pictures, we enjoyed them.

Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50

Fyffe, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PR Connection wrote:

Nice pics ..... wanna see the campfire though. Nothing like a couple...(dozen)... lambs navy rum and cokes by the fire.

Here's a nice fire to stay warm by

[image]

When you coming up in this direction?
Dan

HOLY COW what are you doing burning the whole forest in that one camp fire? [emoticon] That fire must be used for about 50 people or so. How do you even get close enough to feed more wood on it?

unlimitedlove

Cincinnati

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 03:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

btggraphix wrote:

unlimitedlove wrote:

How big was the truck camper on the Kodiak?

You mean how big IS the TC on my Kodiak? It's an 06 Lance 1191.
edit: You beat me to it TheMadNorsky.

LOL . . didn't even realize! Nice set up!

Pangaea Ron

Anacortes, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to live on the frontage road between Bakerville/Graymont and Silver Plume (1972/73). I loved seeing your photographs. A truly beautiful area.

2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 04:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PR Connection wrote:

Nice pics ..... wanna see the campfire though. Nothing like a couple...(dozen)... lambs navy rum and cokes by the fire.

Dan

So not quite as giant as yours....but here it is:

[image]

I don't know when we'll get up that way at this point. It's really really hard for us to manage a two week trip, and I think I'd need that to get all the way up there. It might have ot wait until I can manage to 'work' from the camper.

Butch50 wrote:

btggraphix,

My wife, when she was younger use to ski A-Basin all of the time this has been many years ago but we won't talk about how many years [emoticon]

No wonder she's so tough a girl! I got my first taste of frostbite up there one year, and I remember the biggest black&blue mark I ever had on my body from sliding across a stump on Pali one time. Glad you enjoyed the pictures (both of you) and will keep planning for motorcycle season in mind. With the lack of snow we've had down low this year, I could prolly go to Rampart Range right now. Also, I remember now about you guys being from here. We live in Coal Creek Canyon....

luv2skyski wrote:

Thanks for the post and pictures. We are headed to Taos, NM this weekend for 4 days of skiing (no camping-just skiing). These pictures really are getting me in the mood! Dave.

NIce! I have been there once, a long long time ago. Was sort of sorry I had a few too many beers one night when the locals I'd nabbed a floor spot to sleep in invited me for a a full moon night hike to the top (or somewhere near the top) of Kachina Peak for some back country skiing. Actually I was more worried about being able to hike the darn thing than ski it and not hold them up. The beers were an excuse for being an out-of-shape ski bum.....

unlimitedlove wrote:

LOL . . didn't even realize! Nice set up!

Thanks!

Pangaea Ron wrote:

I used to live on the frontage road between Bakerville/Graymont and Silver Plume (1972/73). I loved seeing your photographs. A truly beautiful area.

Wow! A cold place to live at times I bet...and now probably incredibly busy and noisy with I-70 going right by. But some serious beuty right there.

luv2skyski

Stockbridge, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the post and pictures. We are headed to Taos, NM this weekend for 4 days of skiing (no camping-just skiing). These pictures really are getting me in the mood! Dave.

2004 Northern Lite 10-2000RR, 1999 F250

luv2skyski.com

Northern Lite Owners

Truck Camper Enthusiasts Map

4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

routeforty

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't ski so that get together looks like absolutely no fun at all-way to cold for me to be camping [emoticon]. But I'm really glad someone else likes to because I sure do enjoy looking at your pics and reading the trip reports. Call me a wimp or whatever, I don't care. At least I'm going to be a warm wimp. [emoticon] Gary

2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Pangaea Ron

Anacortes, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 08:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Posted by: btggraphix

Wow! A cold place to live at times I bet...and now probably incredibly busy and noisy with I-70 going right by. But some serious beuty right there.

I-70 was a different highway then (pre-tunnel), I was below the highway so most of the noise went overhead, but "Popeye" the one-eyed snow plow driver kept trying to take my TV antenna out from above. He'd call from Buckley's store in Silver Plume to ask if he got it. We had to buy him a bottle(s) to not build a snow-wall at the driveway. I lived there to ski, but broke my ankle in November and spent the winter on crutches. 3 feet of snow of the ground when I left for the NW.

PR Connection

Powell River BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/09 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Butch50 wrote:

PR Connection wrote:

[image]

Dan

HOLY COW what are you doing burning the whole forest in that one camp fire? [emoticon] That fire must be used for about 50 people or so. How do you even get close enough to feed more wood on it?

With enough RUM you don't feel a thing. Not the cold or the heat. It was just a buddy and I . The way I look at it you don't need as much propane to keep the camper warm as the outdoor temp rises 5-10 degrees with a a good ol fire. [emoticon]

Dan

2019 Arctic Fox 990 ">
Fully loaded!!!

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/09 06:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice TR BTG !

Some of those bowls and terrain remind me of Sunshine Valley (near Banff, Alberta) !

Into TR it goes...

S-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Weekend Trip: TCs rule the (A-Basin) beach - no sand...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.