RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Wind noise while driving the Seneca

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Wind noise while driving the Seneca

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bkuehnhold

Bethel, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/09 06:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy's, I am now on my 6th C, presently a 36' Seneca. I have had the same basic problem with all of them...plus anoying rattles around the doors. I have just accepted it, anoying as it is.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/09 06:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ran wrote:

Has anyone tried these door visor/wind deflectors? They are relatively inexpensive. I had them on one of the pick-up trucks and liked them.

I have a set I purchased off EBay. They work well. But not sure they reduce noise.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Super C Group Forum

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/09 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You probably already know this, but just in case.... If any part of the noise changes when the pavement changes, it's tire noise. I'm not real familiar with the layout of the Kodiak cab, but it looks like the back of the wheel-well may be shared with the cab. Undercoating the back (and maybe top) of the wheel wells may help. Or you can use a sound-absorbent mat material under the floor mats / carpet in that area. Or both. Google for 'Dynamat' as a start, but I think there are less-pricey alternatives that work about as well. It's commonly used by auto stereo installers.

An old mechanic's trick for checking weatherstripping is to put a dollar bill into the suspect area, close the door, and pull the bill out. If it comes out with little or no resistance, the stripping needs improvement.

Jim, "Be the coffee!"

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

bumpus4

Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/09 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ran wrote:

Has anyone tried these door visor/wind deflectors? They are relatively inexpensive. I had them on one of the pick-up trucks and liked them.

[image]

Thanks for the response. I am to pick up a set of the window/door deflectors today. I'll install them when I get the bigc back from warranty work after the shakedown trip.

I am looking for a bug deflector for the hood but no luck so far. I want the air coming over the hood to tumble rather than a stright line.That may help. tks, bumpus4

bumpus4

Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/09 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Handbasket wrote:

You probably already know this, but just in case.... If any part of the noise changes when the pavement changes, it's tire noise. I'm not real familiar with the layout of the Kodiak cab, but it looks like the back of the wheel-well may be shared with the cab. Undercoating the back (and maybe top) of the wheel wells may help. Or you can use a sound-absorbent mat material under the floor mats / carpet in that area. Or both. Google for 'Dynamat' as a start, but I think there are less-pricey alternatives that work about as well. It's commonly used by auto stereo installers.

An old mechanic's trick for checking weatherstripping is to put a dollar bill into the suspect area, close the door, and pull the bill out. If it comes out with little or no resistance, the stripping needs improvement.

Jim, "Be the coffee!"

Thanks for responding. I will check your suggestion out. bumpus4

bumpus4

Tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/07/09 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bkuehnhold wrote:

Guy's, I am now on my 6th C, presently a 36' Seneca. I have had the same basic problem with all of them...plus anoying rattles around the doors. I have just accepted it, anoying as it is.

You may be right. This is my first c and I didn't know what to expect.
I pulled my tt with a ram and the only noise i had was passengers and the turbo spooling up. I may just be expecting too much from such a mass pushing air around the cab. You can hardly hear the engine at idle with the diesel genset running and the c setting still. tks, bumpus4

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Wind noise while driving the Seneca
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.