|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Michigan Rod

Troy,MI.,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/09 03:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now those are some small parking spaces.
I'm enjoying all the pictures you post....now that's what I call a real vacation.

2003Chevy LT3500,crew cab,4x4,Duramax/Allison,Firestone air bags w/in cab controls,Rancho RS 9000X shocks,cabover struts,Happijac tiedowns.Rhino bed liner. ReeseTowBeast.
2004 Lance 1161,generator,sofa,twin beds,rear observation camera,Chet's AirFoil

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/09 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WA1RI wrote:

Sleepy, you going to head through Yellowstone at some point in the trip? If so, be sure to stop in and say hello, we are workcaping here this summer.

Thanks for the offer, but not this time. We were there 2 years ago.

We still have a bunch of stuff to do while we are in this area of the west. We'll be home by the middle of August.

When you return to Florida think about stopping in TN... we live 18 miles west of I-75 and 14 miles north of I-40 close to knoxville.

We'll take a few days off and entertain you in our local mountains... we have The Obed.. a Wild and Scenic River, National Parks and Forests, wineries, lakes, dams, and tail waters, trout fishing (28 pound brown Trout caught close by). We enjoy this time with all our guests.

Sleepy

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/09 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you say you folks were going to go up through Roswell at some point?

Roswell is fun for a quick visit to the UFO shops and Museum but I didn't see anything to write home about other than that.

What was really cool were the Carlsbad Caverns.
Carlsbad Caverns.
If you go, get there early and take a tour or walk yourself.
Take a camera with a tripod, fresh batteries, and your flash.
Hint on photos. Set camera (DSLR) to ASA 100, three second exposure or bulb setting in darkest areas and manually fire flash multiple times across areas you are trying to photograph. You can fine tune your camera settings after each image by reviewing your shot on the display screen after taking the shot.

Sample Image.
[image]
Bear in mind, distance and size are difficult to determine in this image. This is a shot in one of the great chambers. The formations on the ceiling are 50 to 75 feet long. The tallest formations on the floor are about 100+ feet tall and you are looking from where the image was taken, about 1000 feet into the distance if I remember my proportions right. I would say it is equal to about three of the old Seattle King Dome's in size.

I can't stress how fascinating and amazing the caverns are. It is one of the places in the world everyone should go to at least once.

Jeff

* This post was edited 06/21/09 12:25pm by an administrator/moderator *

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/09 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper jeff and Kelli

Nope... never mentioned Roswell, ever.

We did Carlsbad caverns 3 years ago... the pictures are on external hard drives and dvd's. Won't go back... there is too much for us to see all over north america to return to places we previously visited.

You should start a thread showing your pictures... and your trip. I'll read it... others will to.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/09 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Occassionally we have to do maintaince.... San Angelo Texas Sams... new shoes for our truck camper.

[image]

harvwong

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/09 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What did they use to jack up and support your truck? I don't see any jackstands.

Harvey, Helen + 2 kids
2001 Silverado DRW, CC, 6.0L, Torklifts, Fastguns, Firestone Air Bags, ScanGauge II, SeeLevel Gauge,Dual Backup Cameras
2006 Bigfoot 25C10.6E, 4-6V Costco Batteries

1979 Bronco, 38's

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/09 11:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pics are great! We are going to hit some of those places this fall driving back after my 45th HS reuion in Fiarfax VA. DW has a triptick on the computer of a planned route just to get an idea of what we are going to try to do. So far it is up to 7800 miles yep Oak Ridge is on the route! Looking forward to that BBQ place again!
BTW, what kinda shoes did you get?
Keep on TCing and booning! Capt PJ

2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

harvwong wrote:

What did they use to jack up and support your truck? I don't see any jackstands.

harvwong... we were in a Sams Club tire bay... the lifted it on a jack that rises out of the floor just like you see to the left in the other bay. It is balkanced on that jack.

Our gross weight with water tanks full, diesel full, black and grey empty... before loading clothes, food, books, etc is 13,700.

I took a lot of pictures. It does look like it's on a magic flying carpet doesn't it?

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pjay9 wrote:

The pics are great! We are going to hit some of those places this fall driving back after my 45th HS reuion in Fiarfax VA. DW has a triptick on the computer of a planned route just to get an idea of what we are going to try to do. So far it is up to 7800 miles yep Oak Ridge is on the route! Looking forward to that BBQ place again!
BTW, what kinda shoes did you get?
Keep on TCing and booning! Capt PJ

Try to budget an extra day... we'll take you through some of our mountains. Wild and scenic rivers, etc.

BBQ for sure.

I stayed with the Goodyears that came with the truck originally. The wear on the first set was within 1/32" on all 7 tires. I rotate them myself, inspect them, and the brakes... don't trust others.... just to serious to delegate.

Chet

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/09 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Year has always stood behind their products and the service centers are good too...with my 19.5, they put me on the big boys wheel alingment machine. I'll tell the trip planner to schedule some days. THx for the invite. Capt PJ

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.