|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/09 11:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tonight we are safely boondocking in Mooneys corral.... there are a lot of horses here... in his toys engines. Nice toys.

Sleepy
798 nights on the road in the last 6 years...

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/09 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW!

Rain... all night, real rain...

after all of the weather extremes from heat, cold, winds, NO humidity, etc... for three months.

We are very close to the Pacific Ocean and santa Barbara. Our friend Mooneys property is covered with lush foilage, grapes, figs, trees, and flowers and the rain has enhanced their colors.

We had Bill, our good friend that watchs our house and takes care of the little mail that we recieve plant tomatos at in our victory garden... he says they are doing well. He reports that our grape vines are full of little ones but the figs are few and far between. Another guy cuts the grass... I don't think much about it, Doug cuts it, keeps count and we pay him when we get home.

We will be in the far west until at least August or later... hope we get to pick at least one tomato when we get home.

Sleepy

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/09 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

800, 800, 800

We never dreamed that we'd get to 800 nights traveling in our truck camper.

We are at Mooneys... he is busier than a one armed paper hanger so we haven't seen much of him.

We took one of his radio station SUV's into Solvang yesterday evening. Most everything was closed... we did purchase 5 Stewart Woods books (who done its). Woods has written more than 30... we've read about 20 of them on this trip.

We'll be heading north-west soon... staying on the coast... to the San Fransico area.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/09 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This trip is going to ruin our reputation... we are in a beach campground for tonight... Morro State Park.

With our height and slide we are above the dunes... we can see the ocean and Morro rock. The wind is cold... the surfers are dreaming.

Mooney

Santa Barbara, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/09 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sleepy glad you were able to stop by, enjoyed meeting the two of you. Happy trails!

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/09 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where bouts of the Northwest are you going Mr. Sleepy? I won't be in this end of Oregon too much longer before I return to living with family while I restart the job hunt (I've got 4 weeks left to my current contract and then 6 months before I would be eligible to take another).

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/09 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are boondocking in Burlingame, CA... in sight of the San Fransico airport.

Watching the airplanes makes us drream and want to travel.... seeing boats makes us want to cruise.

We have tried the state parks on thios trip... my asthma and the smoky campfires aren't getting along. Staying inside to be able to breath isn't fun... and we travel for fun. Time to get back to staying where others don't, won't, or can't.

We might try for Sacramento tomorrow.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/09 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I just went through a Sacremento guide for things to do and places to see. We have already done about everything that we wanted to do. A couple of years ago we spent a lot of time with Reddog1 and his wife... we boondocked inside the San Quentin prison for 4 days and did about everything we could do in SF too... we had him as guide and his suki.

Tonight we went over the list... is there anything left... we can't find it.

Thanks to Wayne... we had the best time possible.... we had Bigfootford and others with us on other trips in the area.... mostly arranged by Wayne.

Thanks for the past good times.

Deanmac

Bremen, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/09 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I enjoy reading your post, sounds like you are haveing blast.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/09 11:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in Sacramento... had dinner at one of reddog1's houses... moved to the capital in the evening. My wife and I enjoy walking the streets around the capital... nice resturants, sidewalk cafes... and the Lion King is playing at the arts center.

We parked where we did a couple of years ago... $8/24 HOURS.

Put the computer in service dept at the BestBuy at Arden Way... 2 GB's of our memory were bad in our new computer. Stayed in Bigfootfords back 40.

Went back and got it tonight,

We'll be staying in the area for about 3 weeks... then back to SF.

Sacramento is a very nice place to visit.

(corrected typo)

* This post was edited 06/13/09 11:02am by sleepy *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.