|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plus a floor jack and some stands....

[image]

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Michigan Rod

Troy,MI.,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/09 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 72k miles I had to replace the two front rotors and turned the two on the rear. The new pads are ceramic which are suppose to stay cooler. Next time I won't wait so long before checking the brakes. Canadian made rotors and pads are expensive and so is pulling the axles.

2003Chevy LT3500,crew cab,4x4,Duramax/Allison,Firestone air bags w/in cab controls,Rancho RS 9000X shocks,cabover struts,Happijac tiedowns.Rhino bed liner. ReeseTowBeast.
2004 Lance 1161,generator,sofa,twin beds,rear observation camera,Chet's AirFoil

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In March we stopped in San Angelo, TX to wait for the weather to break... north or west... towards the Petrified Forest or Phoenix... trying to avoid the cold at night. We really enjoyed it there... we got our tires there

... and both of us had Bronchitis when we got there... we ended up going to a walk in clinic accross from Sams Club... they gave me a shot and prescriptions... then told me not to drive...

filled the prescriptions at Sams... went outside and went to bed. Stayed 18 days... My wife ended up with the same meds a few days later.

Intersesting place once we could move around.

a neat toy we saw from sick bay... the tire looked awfully big though

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fort Concho... (where the gov't took all those kids and young mothers when they raided the compound last year.

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

San Angelo State Park is about 3 miles from Sams... $4 for the dump station and fill with water. The lake is extremely low... We haven't figured out why anyone would stay there... Sams has icecream.

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/09 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We walked all over San Angelo State Park... it was more of the same!

[image]

2IVSWO

San Diego, California, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/09 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow Sleepy i have to say after looking at the pictures of your rig there at Sam's Club you sure keep that camper very clean! Question for ya....... what method do you use to clean the front nose cap while you are on the road?? If you have to be sick in a parking lot for 18 days Sam's is the place. Cheap lunch, and desert and you can almost get a free square meal off just walking up and down all of the aisles during the day. Really wished Sam's sold Diesel though.

2005 2500HD D/A
2006 Lance MAX 881 Loaded, Supersprings, Air Lift air bags, Vision type 81 wheels, Dunlop Sp-431 245/70/19.5 load range "H"

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/09 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In one end of the old Fort there used to be a museum dedicated to the telephone pioneers there. It was manned by volunteers who used to work for General Telco of Texas. I wonder if you saw that while you were there?
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/09 12:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sams at San Angelo does sell diesel... good price, the grocery store HEB was selling at the same price as Sams the whole time we were there.

The telephone thing wasn't open.

The lady with one eyebrow that was on the TV everyeving was in Sams one evening... it was on the 1 year aniversary of the childruns round-up.... she reminded me of going to the carnaval when I was a kid. Her visit was in the USA Today newspaper the next day.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/09 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've never been in the mid-california area when it's this hot. I actually got overheated today.

We need to stay in the area for another week to begin our next adventure. Normally we don't schedule things just let them happen... and sometimes.....

Dread the plains states when we finally head back to Tennessee.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.