|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/09 08:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW... we stayed in a WalMart parking garage in Salt Lake city... didn't know they had them... but we fit and we stayed. Fun to have a roof.

The store had also a second floor and escalators and parking on the second level.

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Michigan Rod

Troy,MI.,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/09 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought Cabela's had a setup for visiting rv's. Any reason you didn't stay there.

2003Chevy LT3500,crew cab,4x4,Duramax/Allison,Firestone air bags w/in cab controls,Rancho RS 9000X shocks,cabover struts,Happijac tiedowns.Rhino bed liner. ReeseTowBeast.
2004 Lance 1161,generator,sofa,twin beds,rear observation camera,Chet's AirFoil

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/09 02:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigan Rod wrote:

I thought Cabela's had a setup for visiting rv's. Any reason you didn't stay there.

I prefer long haul truckers to MH owners...

actually,,, came into the WM to reprovision... got a level spot in the corner. Any bird in the hand is better than a promise of a bird in the bush.

We drove a long ways yesterday, stopped in Cheyene, WY and did a lot of laundry, stripped and remade the bed, etc. We were beat... had good TV, phone, and internet connections. Why move?

Note: I bought diesel yesterday ($2.319/gal).

While at the station a MH owner pulled in beside me... generator running... rufused to shut off engine or generator, putting everyone at risk of fire or explosion as he pumped his gasoline.

Not to be outdone for arrogance... another MH owner pulled in behind me as I started pumping our diesel; I reached for the only window scubber/squeegee on the lot... the guy behind me had walked forward and took it back to clean his windows. I asked him if I could use it while I was filling our tank so that I wouldn't hold up everyone when my tank was full... he told me that I should pull forward, park and then use the squeege. He didn't understand that he'd have plenty of time to clean his windows while his tanks filled.

I do admit to paraphrase Mark Twain, While I don't wish anyone bad luck I do find a certain sense of relief everytime I see a MH parked at a transmission shop.

Delorme says... we had 2475.31 mi from SF to Oak Ridge... and we have driven 1314.73 miles... only 1160.58 miles to go. With details like this it seems we are longing for home doesn't it?

We'll stop and wearout the Cabela's credit card in the morning... and check out the parking possibilities. J would take a day off even as bad as she wants to get home... our obligations are piling up. mostly Dr appointments (the bane of old folks)

* This post was edited 07/19/09 02:44am by sleepy *

WA1RI

FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/09 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just when I think Sleepy is getting mellow he casts a huge net over MH owners on the actions of 2. Granted 2 out of 2 is 100%, but there are many of us with much better appreciation of the world, and mny f us that are prior TC'ers. Does the TC experience make us better? No. Does it make us bad because we went to the 'dark side'? No. Human nature is human nature. I have had both good and bad experiences with car, pickup, motorcycle, TC, class C, A, B, etc. For me, I try to let the bad ones settle and concentrate on all the good people out there.

Maybe all those nights in a TC are what is causing the mood?

[emoticon]

Bill & Jolene / FL
1997 Southwind 35P
2006 Yamaha 1100 Classic &
1970 Norton Commando 750 in state of recuperation (Almost road ready!!!)
6x12 Enclosd trailer

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/09 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naw... it's just that 2 out of 2 is 2 many for 1 day. especially after 2 many days driving 2 many hours for the 2 of us, trying 2 get home.

there seems to be a lot of newbes out there!

Went by cabelas this morning... it seems that everything was on sale... i ended up buying only one item... a silicone treated sock for a Stoegar coach double barrel... paid for it with my points and still have a bunch.

Sleepy
Kearnery, NE

ryoung

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/09 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sleepy wrote:

Not to be outdone for arrogance... another MH owner pulled in behind me as I started pumping our diesel; I reached for the only window scubber/squeegee on the lot... the guy behind me had walked forward and took it back to clean his windows. I asked him if I could use it while I was filling our tank so that I wouldn't hold up everyone when my tank was full... he told me that I should pull forward, park and then use the squeege. He didn't understand that he'd have plenty of time to clean his windows while his tanks filled.

Sometimes one bad deed deserves another. I would have seriously considered staying put after filling with fuel, until the butthole finished with the squeege, then cleaned my windshield while he waited until I was done. I may have washed the camper windows too!

ryoung

2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

2IVSWO

San Diego, California, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/09 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did the Motor Homes have California Plates?

2005 2500HD D/A
2006 Lance MAX 881 Loaded, Supersprings, Air Lift air bags, Vision type 81 wheels, Dunlop Sp-431 245/70/19.5 load range "H"

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/09 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Continuing with the nice stuff:

Our hotel both before and after the cruise was the one furtherist to the right in the picture below. It was furnished in early bordello.

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/09 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I wrote... the hotel room wasn't much... but Oh my! the views.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/09 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking down, real early in the morning... they aren't seals, they are surfers.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.