|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

I think that road off to the right is where Reddog1 took us to the bridge overlook a couple of years ago.

[image]

2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

During that visit 2 years ago Reddog1 also took us the Presidio, the Golden Gate Park, Fishermans wharf, everything in San Fransisco... Coit tower, China town.... absolutely everything... and put us in Prison for four nights... he and his wife treated us to the perfect tour of the city.

Seeing the sign below reminds us...

[image]

* This post was edited 09/01/09 07:18pm by sleepy *

jmtandem

western nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/09 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two weeks ago I rode across the bridge on my bicycle. It is way longer and more exciting riding across it then driving. Good pics, they brought back memories.

'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/09 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand... you are on the bridge long enough to see it. That is why I'm happy that Janet keeps snapping pictures of the places that I would have enjoyed just looking at.

In a motor vehicle the driver has to many distractions and not enough time. Many of them have to text someone to tell them that they are crossing THE bridge, lean into their back seat to put the kid back in the car seat, clean the slice of pizza out of their lap where they dropped when answering the phone, and finish putting on their eye make-up.... all the while slideing neatly back and forth accross the lanes.

At that point I'm in avoid mode... seeing very little except traffic and the boundries of the lanes.

So, I hope that the rest of you can bare with me... when I post a sequence of pictures that are seemingly little different from each other... my intent is to allow you another look around... the views that I'm enjoying as I prepare and post these pictures.

Michigan Rod

Troy,MI.,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/09 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sleepy wrote:

I understand... you are on the bridge long enough to see it. That is why I'm happy that Janet keeps snapping pictures of the places that I would have enjoyed just looking at.

In a motor vehicle the driver has to many distractions and not enough time. Many of them have to text someone to tell them that they are crossing THE bridge, lean into their back seat to put the kid back in the car seat, clean the slice of pizza out of their lap where they dropped when answering the phone, and finish putting on their eye make-up.... all the while slideing neatly back and forth accross the lanes.

At that point I'm in avoid mode... seeing very little except traffic and the boundries of the lanes.

So, I hope that the rest of you can bare with me... when I post a sequence of pictures that are seemingly little different from each other... my intent is to allow you another look around... the views that I'm enjoying as I prepare and post these pictures.

Good Point Sleepy....This is exactly why I don't see much when I travel alone.

2003Chevy LT3500,crew cab,4x4,Duramax/Allison,Firestone air bags w/in cab controls,Rancho RS 9000X shocks,cabover struts,Happijac tiedowns.Rhino bed liner. ReeseTowBeast.
2004 Lance 1161,generator,sofa,twin beds,rear observation camera,Chet's AirFoil

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/09 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The haze/fog limits the view... I think that the building with the dome is the Presido

[image]

[image]

sleepy

Oak Ridge,Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/09 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This one street has maybe the most recognized name in San Fransisco or even the whole the country...

[image]

It was 108 degrees in Sacramento and in San Fransisco... boondocking sucks at 108 degrees and no plug in.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 976  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TC travels, 2014 TR, Pg 904, 2015 TR pg 964
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.