|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 6 Florida State Parks in 3 Nights of Camping with Pics

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/09 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for posting this Florida TR!

We hope to one day explore/TC deep south Florida, so it's great to have some reference.

Cheers,
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

jbh1993

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/09 07:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I loved the pictures! Makes me wish I was there now. Thanks so much for sharing.

wrangler5191

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/09 08:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseleagle wrote:

You picked a beautiful weekend. Thanks for the Pics. They really help to decide on destinations for those week-end getaways. Did you have any trouble with the Florida reservation system?

No problems at all. As a matter of fact we were running late and knew that we would not make Florida Caverns before the office closed. We simply called Reserve America, they got us in touch with the Park Ranger who gave us the gate code. We checked in the next morning after we woke up.

Mike

Crazy Creek

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/09 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice Photos...we were in that area about a year ago and wished we had more time..I envy you what a nice 4 day jaunt! I used to carry some bikes on the front and found that I should have a cover on them for bugs and road grit, but then that causes a blockage to the radiator and that could be an issue. I have just posted some old pics of storage boxes on my old camper "SOMEBODY ASKED" maybe you should consider something like that for your unit.

I gotta get back in that area again! THX for making me feel really cold as the snow is coming down here in the Puget Sound!!! THX!! LOL. Capt PJ

Here's an overview of the boxes.
[image]

2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

wrangler5191

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/09 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

I've been thru Sopchoppy on our way to Ochlochonee State Park. Saw a Florida black bear cross the road just south of Sopchoppy.[emoticon]

I know this sounds rediculous and I am sure that no one else has ever done it...but I drove 40 miles out of my way just to say that I have been to SOPCHOPPY Florida. Ok...there...I feel better now!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 6 Florida State Parks in 3 Nights of Camping with Pics
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.