|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter in Key West FL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/09 06:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pjay9 wrote:

I think you were in my spot at Boyd's Had the same view you have posted, what a lovely place, but many bucks to stay there...how many cats a EH's place? Did you go up the lighthouse across the street? Brings back a good trip...we took nine weeks Tacoma to KW and back over 11K miles a year ago...want to do it again!

THX for the excellent post and fine pics! Capt PJ
Captain

Tacoma to Key West sounds like a great trip. According to our tour guide, there are approximately 30 cats living there. They still have the cat hospital too...

2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/09 07:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well there Nemo, I was hoping we'd hear from you soon with those pictures. Great looking camp trip, pretty beachin I'd say. Was it crowded or a good time to go as maybe still "off" season. I don't even know if Florida has an off season. And too much grog, is that even possible? I think you had to nap from too much fun!
Best to you and Tory

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/09 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! I've been waiting for this genre of trip report for a long time: Florida, with loaded pop-up [emoticon]

It's -20C here now with windchill, and relatively warm weather (up to and including 70F) is still *at least* 2 months away (mid May). Well, I'll be fishing the Gulf of Mexico next winter for 4 straight months, so I'm not taking these images too hard [emoticon]

Into TR it goes!

Cheers,
Silver & Dunes

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/09 08:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

...well, I will post it to TR when I determine why posts are not editable in the TR Sticky!

[emoticon]

Silver-

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/09 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand...what fishing are you going to do for 4 months? Work or PLAY? Could even think about joining you...that could be fun and most worthwhile for heart and soul! Capt PJ

2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/09 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

Well there Nemo, I was hoping we'd hear from you soon with those pictures. Great looking camp trip, pretty beachin I'd say. Was it crowded or a good time to go as maybe still "off" season. I don't even know if Florida has an off season. And too much grog, is that even possible? I think you had to nap from too much fun!
Best to you and Tory
Hello Dave!

Actually it wasnt too crowded any place we went. Spring break is on but we didnt see overly large crowds of college students plying the earth chanting and toasting. You can find plenty of that if you want to but it is also easy to steer clear. Cruise ship riders in Key West were rowdier than the kids. Weather was fabulous...

kbaum

Thermopolis

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/09 02:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just returned from the beach at Destin wit our outfitter and our friends outfitter. What wonderful white side and beach area. We definitely wee among the smallest rigs parked by the beach. Twelve day trip and 3500 miles for us. Looks like you knew where to go and had a great time.

2013 Northern Lite 10 cdse
2012 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins Crew Cab

Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (home)

Nemo667

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/09 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kbaum

We had reservations to keep on this trip. We dont necessarily like having a schedule to follow but all worked out well for this trip. "Camping On The Gulf" was a great place to bring the trip to a close.

280fx

McDonough, Ga, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/09 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing those nice pictures of a great trip. It reminded me of some of our previous trips to those beautiful and fun destinations in Florida.

About 60 miles east of Destin, is St. Joesph Penninsula State Park, and St. George Island State Park. They are also great state parks with white sandy beaches on the gulfcoast of the Florida panhandle.

I was in the Tampa and Lakeland area from April 21 thru April 26, I can hardly wait for our next trip to Florida. So many great places to visit!

Dean and Liliana
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat Super Duty 6.4 Powerstroke
2009 Host Everest Triple Slide

kylekai

San Diego, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/09 09:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just saw your post. Very nice pictures. Looks different from when I was there in 1972. BTW, one of your pictures you stated "The southern most point in the US. 90 miles from Cuba." That's incorrect. You meant to say "The southern most point in the continental US. 90 miles from Cuba." The southern most point in the US is South Point on the Big Island of Hawaii (the southern most city is Na'alehu - I know, I used to live there).

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter in Key West FL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.