RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Outfitter trip report:In Search Of Farctic Ox

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter trip report:In Search Of Farctic Ox

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/09 10:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just when I thought you couldn't top your last trip you go and do it,fanstic report and photos. [emoticon]

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

kopak

Milford, NJ, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's great to see folks who enjoy the heck out of world we live in. We do the same all year long! Though we've enjoyed a brief few days with Ted and Cheryl, we've yet to meet the Whazoos! Maybe someday? Enjoyed the unique photos, especially that bobcat on Ted's head! Although I think you said you guys would be heading back east in early summer, maybe someday we could all meet up out west some summer. We're out west, somehere, every other summer. Just great to see you're having so much fun!

John & Marianne

04 Chev 3500 D/A Dually, Ranchos, Air bags, Lance 1121, Lund 16 Explorer, Car Mate 400.

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kopak wrote:

It's great to see folks who enjoy the heck out of world we live in. We do the same all year long! Though we've enjoyed a brief few days with Ted and Cheryl, we've yet to meet the Whazoos! Maybe someday? Enjoyed the unique photos, especially that bobcat on Ted's head! Although I think you said you guys would be heading back east in early summer, maybe someday we could all meet up out west some summer. We're out west, somehere, every other summer. Just great to see you're having so much fun!
John & Marianne

John & Marianne,
And I can certainly say that we'd welcome and look forward to" the meeting". What a great way to have friends across the USofA!

Howdy CTraveler, you great guy you...hope all things are well with you and the family. When's your next trip? I want to see where you head next...

BTG, I have another secret road in to "the creek". It does involve fording a river, climbing a rutted hill, crossing an un-broken lava field and fighting off swarms of "no-se-ums" but I know we could do it as a team, and the swim in the creek is worth it.![emoticon][emoticon]

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

BTG, I have another secret road in to "the creek". It does involve fording a river, climbing a rutted hill, crossing an un-broken lava field and fighting off swarms of "no-se-ums" but I know we could do it as a team, and the swim in the creek is worth it.![emoticon][emoticon]

I'm in then..... [emoticon] Maybe next spring (or maybe this fall if another trip we have lined up falls through?) That grey wet/snowy spring weather with the green flowering desert looks like perfect weather to me (except for the icy swimming part!) From your pics last fall (November?) that seemed like the other good time of year...

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

btggraphix wrote:

whazoo wrote:

I'm in then..... [emoticon] Maybe next spring (or maybe this fall if another trip we have lined up falls through?) That grey wet/snowy spring weather with the green flowering desert looks like perfect weather to me (except for the icy swimming part!) From your pics last fall (November?) that seemed like the other good time of year...

I'll keep my fingers crossed then. I was thinking of getting a shortie, you know, a half wet suit like they sell at Costco for the swim in cooler temps rather than waiting for the temps to hit the hundreds. The water itself is not that cold, it's just that you get in, you get out, you get in...and you know it SEEMS colder every time you get back in. Here's some teaser pics...
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Let's go!!

ALSO, how long ago did you book your raft trip in the GC? Love to see pictures of that trip when you go!!! And I'm wanting to take the family at some point.

Talk at you later...

saltamontes

la, ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..and the 3rd annual Wozzie award goes to..
The Whazoominator, Whazoomiac, Wozmonster, Wozzie (to his friends and family)

after spending the weekend camping and exploring, i'm spent; totally wozinated.
stumbled out of the tent to find a jackelope on my head! Man, what the whazoo was in those Rockaritas?

not sure i've got the waz to make it to arizona this month, but we'll catch your wozshow on the wazgo.

07 f350 srw shortbed 4x4
06 Northern-Lite 8'11" Q

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 01:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

saltamontes wrote:

..and the 3rd annual Wozzie award goes to..
The Whazoominator, Whazoomiac, Wozmonster, Wozzie (to his friends and family)

after spending the weekend camping and exploring, i'm spent; totally wozinated.
stumbled out of the tent to find a jackelope on my head! Man, what the whazoo was in those Rockaritas?

not sure i've got the waz to make it to arizona this month, but we'll catch your wozshow on the wazgo.

Hahaha, very good. You left out Whazzy Whazborn!! You are good with the names. Farctic named my tc the Whazzimoto, you guys should write a book

btggraphix

Golden, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/09 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

Let's go!!

ALSO, how long ago did you book your raft trip in the GC? Love to see pictures of that trip when you go!!! And I'm wanting to take the family at some point.

Talk at you later...

Wow! Nice looking canyon!

A group of female friends of mine go rafting every year with a company and raft various rivers. They decided some year they needed to do the Grand - and to book it entirely as a private trip they needed 24 people....so this year they finally invited the guys to go along. It was completely booked up by last June 1st or so, without it ever having to be opened up to the general public. So a little over 1 year in advance.

We get picked up early Saturday AM in Vegas for the busride to the put-in, and then spend 8 days going the whole length. These are the giant boats that also have motors to speed up the flat stretches. This way we get lots of time for hiking, as well as getting to do more or less the whole thing. Then they jet-boat us the length of Lake Meade, and get bussed back to Vegas on Saturday afternoon.

We are actually planning on driving with the rig to Lancaster (Lance - Mecca) to have some things done on the camper, leaving it there and going back to Vegas. Then after the trip, my wife flies home on Sunday and I return to Lance, pick up the camper early morning on Monday - and then haul-but back to Denver for work on Monday morning.

I'll be trying to do a little research on where to camp near Lancaster on a Thursday night, and where to camp Sunday night the following week without the camper....glad the Kodiak cab is so big!

Since the camper is going, I'll post a trip report of it when I am back.

Mick9064

Albany New York

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/09 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Just one question,how did the "weight police" let you bring a cast iron coffee pot in your camper? Looks like it was a great trip.
Mick

FarcticOx

NH or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/09 11:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mick9064,
Actually Whazoo hid the darn coffee pot in my pack to escape the weight police. Now I know why I was so tired after that hike.

FarcticOx

Run Silent, Run Deep
BLOG
2003 F350 Diesel DRW.
2005 Arctic Fox B1150 solar powered dry camper.
220 Watts Solar, 2 300AH 6 volt AGMs, Yamaha EF1000iS Generator

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Outfitter trip report:In Search Of Farctic Ox
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.