|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Deception Pass and Tulip Festival

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/09 09:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took a 4 day trip to relax and hang out at Deception Pass State Park and to go see the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Roozengaarde and Tulip Town are the two main places to see the tulips and then a few other assorted fields. Swing into The Farmhouse Restaraunt for pie. Here are a few Tulip Festival pictures.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Letting Charlie out for a stretch.
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Mt. Baker in background.
[image]

A Flock Of Seagulls.
[image]

OK, We did do some camping so here is that angle of the trip.

This was our campsite for 4 days.
[image]

Deception Pass Bridge with Pass Island in the center of the two spans.
[image]

[image]

Charlie keeping an eye on us, wanting to go to the beach too.
[image]

[image]

[image]

Lots of NAVY aircraft flying about.
[image]

Charlie before coffee.
[image]

Charlie after coffee.
[image]

The Nature Trail.
[image]

[image]

Getting ready to make SMORES.
[image]
[image]

So that's the trip this weekend. The park is very nice. Lots of trails and beach. Great for kids. There is fishing in the fresh water lake at the campground. It's always interesting to watch the tidal currents go through the waterway under the bridge. They are among the fastest tidal currents in the world. The Tulip Festival is probably going to peak this week and next. Go mid-week if you can. There are lots of crowds on the weekend. Next weekend we plan to go to the Crab and Seafood Festival in Astoria Oregon. I've been looking forward to a good crabfeed for a while and after all the work I got stuck with over the winter, I'm really looking forward to it.

Jeff

* This post was last edited 04/20/09 09:52pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

jefe 4x4

West Slope, Northern Sierra Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/09 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff, Kelli, and Charlie,
Good job! Love the flowers. Jeanie's tulips are kaput due to aggressive deer.
I notice Charlie gets his own folding chair!
regards, as always, jefe

'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

sirdrakejr

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/09 09:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You call the gathering of Seagulls just a FLOCK?? Greta pictures. I remember that scenery from when I lived in Mt. Vernon. Nice reminder.[emoticon]
Frank

2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

revump

Deer Park, WA or Las Vegas, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/09 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lived in that area for 16 years. It is a beautiful time of the year. Enjoy

Bob

readytow

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 12:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Camper Jeff + Kelli, I was camping there in spot #122, buddy in spot #124. We saw you go by a few times, and commented on what a nice clean looking setup you have. Next time we see you, we'll flag you down and have you over for coffee. Deception Pass state park is my favorite spot, it is always so nice and peaceful. Glad you guys had a good time.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 01:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

readytow wrote:

Hey Camper Jeff + Kelli, I was camping there in spot #122, buddy in spot #124. We saw you go by a few times, and commented on what a nice clean looking setup you have. Next time we see you, we'll flag you down and have you over for coffee. Deception Pass state park is my favorite spot, it is always so nice and peaceful. Glad you guys had a good time.

We were in #23. We cheated and used shore power. One day I'll spring for a Honda or similar. My solar panel wouldn't help in the woods with all the shade. We chose #23 because it was close to the lake and nobody else around until Saturday. It's on a lower loop that most people tend not to go through favoring the upper loop even though the two are ultimately the same loop. The place filled in pretty good Friday and more on Saturday.

We drove through your area scoping out the rest of the campground. You did have nice places with a better view of the beach. I have a pretty recognizable S&S because of my single bubble window. We drove through your area a couple times on Sunday before we left because there was a bunch of crows ransacking a campsite #98 or there about. I felt bad for the people and we were going to chase the crows away. The people did come back so we didn't need to do anything. I bet they'll cover their food and things better next time.

Well shoot, would have been fun to visit. I think I recall a pretty sharp looking orange or copper colored 2005 or so F350 Dually with a Lance and a clean 1997 or so black F250 with a Lance that looked just like my brothers truck. Were those you rigs?

Jeff

shrxwin

Boise, ID

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 05:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great pictures! and Charlie looks like a very seasoned camper! I'd be so worried about our cat running off, any tips on keeping him near the camper?

thanks for sharing [emoticon] Clarice

Camper: 2006 S & S Ponderosa 9.5SC
New Truck: '05 Ram 3500 CTD Dually 4x4 Quad Cab, StableLoads, Toyo M55s, Long Range Fast Guns
Old Truck:: '98 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab air bags, Toyo M55s, Derringers

Oldtymeflyr

Arapahoe Hills, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the post. Enjoyed it!

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 07:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nicely documented! The flowers/tulips are a welcome change, and they are nice to look at (we barely have plants peaking out of the ground so far here!)...

The "kitty" looks great! Better not tell Silverdunes about this, she'll be looking at those photos for weeks [emoticon]

Into Trip Reports it goes, thanks for your obvious hard work to put this large report together!

Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/09 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shrxwin wrote:

great pictures! and Charlie looks like a very seasoned camper! I'd be so worried about our cat running off, any tips on keeping him near the camper?

thanks for sharing [emoticon] Clarice

We spent some time conditioning him to the camper in the driveway. We'd take him out there and sit with him and let him walk around and get used to it. Took him for drives and got him used to that. He started going with us on our third trip and it really worked out well. Key with cats is to let them think it was their idea and to not force them. He has adjusted and has taken to the camping life quite well. We have a small dog harness for him. He was able to wriggle out of the cat harness we had. We keep it snug around him and he has not escaped yet. We try to anticipate the situations he'll be in ahead of time so there will be no surprises. If I suspect there will be a special person who's dog does not need to follow leash laws, we'll keep him out of that situation. He uses his litterbox as an observation perch behind my seat or the cat carrier on the other side. Food on the seat between. We move the cat stuff into the camper when camped. Some cats will adjust to it and others won't. Charlie was a psychotic cat when we rescue adopted him and we could not approach him for the first month we had him. We let him make the first moves and after a month he finally started to trust us. It took a little time but he has turned into a confident loving cat. Actually I consider Charlie to be the best cat I've ever had. He's really turned into a little buddy shadow for me. He's like the dog I never had. Actually I did have a wonderful German Shorthair, but that was long ago.

There are others that travel with cats too. There are a few posts in the traveling with pets forum section of RV.NET.

Jeff

* This post was edited 04/21/09 10:02am by an administrator/moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Deception Pass and Tulip Festival
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.