|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pompano

Up North and Down South

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/09 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An omen.

We saw this North Dakota Tourism Dept. sign on Interstate 94 just before crossing into Montana.

"Thinking of Leaving North Dakota? Custer did."

grldst

Dallas, GA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/09 09:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rugby, located on Hwy 2, also has an excellent frontier meuseum. Over night RV parking in the meuseum parking lot is allowed.

Devils lake has Grahams Island state park, and Devils lake has some of the best Walleye and Northern pike fishing in the nation.

Most every town has a city park that has RV camping, and usually at very reasonable prices.

I lived in the state for 40 some years. Yeah the winters can get long, but thats what they make booze for. June thru August, you'll find that its a very comfortable time of year and there is plenty to do any see.

The state is big on friendly and big on peace and quiet. Enjoy.

fueling around

NW MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/09 09:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JJBIRISH wrote:

While I would like to visit the fine state of ND some time…

What I am able to gather about the weather is that it is predictably unpredictable…

With freezing temps possible well in to June on occasion and the possibility of them returning in August along with many record highs in the three digits, I have had to scratch it as a destination… there is just no way I could haul enough of the DW’s clothes to cover those extremes…

Aside from and because of sitting through some football games in Green Bay she has little desire to go that direction any time soon…
You've been reading the propaganda meant to keep out the tourists? Just Kidding
The past 2 years have been a bit cooler springs than normal but freezing temp usually end with Mother's Day and don't return until late September.

Summers are mostly temperate with comfortable evenings. Much nicer than than other areas I've lived where it is either hot & humid at night or just plain cold.

John
1997 Dodge 2500 CTD
1989 Cascade 8½ Self-contained Truck Camper
?? Eureka Timberline 4 tent

fueling around

NW MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/09 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

grldst wrote:

Devils lake has Grahams Island state park, and Devils lake has some of the best Walleye and Northern pike fishing in the nation.
I lived in the state for 40 some years. Yeah the winters can get long, but thats what they make booze for.
The Walleye & other pike fishing doesn't stop for winter. I hope everyone laughed at the Grump Old Men films as they captured a lot of the romance of frozen lake culture.

Can-AmDuo

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/09 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a great time at Audubon Lake last September. There is also a good wildlife viewing drive. We were only going to overnight it but ended up staying a few more days. Nice campground right on the lake. Good fishing too.

I am planning on visiting TRNP on my way west later this month.

Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/09 11:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Josie97

Never been there never claimed to have been and am not trying to be critical… only relaying what I have been told by life long residents… with maybe a little tongue in cheek…

I am not and did not say these are normal temps, but I have been told high 20’s and low thirties are not all that uncommon either in early June and late August…

I have worked out in the cold winters my whole life because I had to, it was my job and I did it without complaining… I avoid cold weather now because I can… I gave away my snow blowers, snow plows, and snow shovels and gave up winter sports… if I own a sweat shirt it would take me a while to remember where I put it… no more tailgating or sitting in cold stadiums at South Bend, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, a sports bar on the beach or the couch in the RV works just fine…

However I do have camping friends from Fargo and Bismarck and I would like to visit their neck of the woods some day… I am betting it will be in July when that happens…

Pretty darn good country we live in, with unlimited choices…

There is a reason we winter in Florida

fueling around

The propaganda came from the weather service a few years ago when I was thinking about making ND a stopover on my way from Florida to Pittsburgh… that would have put me there in very late April and decided not to do it at that time…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

sparker1

St Petersburg, Fl, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/09 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before these working people correct you, let me point out that, for a retiree, ND may be on the way from Florida to Pittsburgh.

Stan

2002 Monaco Windsor DP
2003 Honda Pilot

Travel photos at Photo Gallery

Josie97

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/09 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JJBIRISH wrote:

Josie97

Never been there never claimed to have been and am not trying to be critical… only relaying what I have been told by life long residents… with maybe a little tongue in cheek…

I am not and did not say these are normal temps, but I have been told high 20’s and low thirties are not all that uncommon either in early June and late August…

I have worked out in the cold winters my whole life because I had to, it was my job and I did it without complaining… I avoid cold weather now because I can… I gave away my snow blowers, snow plows, and snow shovels and gave up winter sports… if I own a sweat shirt it would take me a while to remember where I put it… no more tailgating or sitting in cold stadiums at South Bend, Green Bay, or Pittsburgh, a sports bar on the beach or the couch in the RV works just fine…

However I do have camping friends from Fargo and Bismarck and I would like to visit their neck of the woods some day… I am betting it will be in July when that happens…

Pretty darn good country we live in, with unlimited choices…

There is a reason we winter in Florida

If you go to North Dakota in July, be sure to go to the state fair in Minot. They have great concerts every night. You can pay genearal admission and walk the fair and still hear the concert.

You enjoy Florida. You won't find me down there. The stories I've been told about Florida is you won't fit in unless your over 70 or speak Spanish fluently. I don't fit either category so, I guess I have one less state to visit.

cheers!

04 F-150 Super Crew FX4, 5.4L, 3.73
06 Starwood SL 30CKS
Hensley Arrow
DW, DS, DD,
GSD

NevadaJim

Minden Nevada U.S.A.

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/09 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading these post we will be going anyway late September starting at TR park south to north and continuing across Hwy. 2. Have fun

JimandJerry@charter.net

Josie97

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/09 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NevadaJim wrote:

After reading these post we will be going anyway late September starting at TR park south to north and continuing across Hwy. 2. Have fun

You might want to check out the website below. Its for Norsk Hostfest, the largest Scandanavian Heritage festival outside Scandanavia. It starts 29 September in Minot. They have onsite camping. Great entertainment, food, and crafts. It can be a little pricey.

http://www.hostfest.com/

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.