Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: BREEZEWAY SCREEN ROOM

Posted By: stugpanzer on 06/01/09 09:06pm

Does anybody have a Breezeway Screen Room? I have been really considering one and now that I was able to retrofit my Dometic A&E electric awning with the automatic dump feature I have been even more serious about it.

I would like to hear from anybody that has one and please relate your pro's and con's of using it.

Here's a link of what I am talking about:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-awnings/breezeway-rv-screen-room.htm

Thanks and Happy Camping!

2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Posted By: larrygranny1 on 06/02/09 07:38am

same one we have for our 08 jayco, took about 2 hours to set up the first time. we use it when we stay in one place for 4 or more days. We can now set in up in about 20 min. we feel it is worth it but you'll get lots of opinions.

2011 F250, 6.7l, 2011 Keystone 28ft w/slide
RVN Vet 66-67, 68-71

Posted By: Baileys Buddies on 06/02/09 08:08am

This is the second trailer we've had that has the screenroom. The first,our Sunline, had a Carefree Screenroom and we absolutely loved being able to be bug free when eating dinner or just watching the rain ! Our Wilderness also came with a Patty O Room which is similar, i like the setup with the Patty O Room better. There was less hardware to mount to the TT and setup seemed much faster. After a few times of setting it up, you will be a pro. Ours has skirting too which makes it even better with the dog, we more than double our living space with the screenroom. My wife wouldn't think of ever not having one ! We generally only use it when we are staying for a week.
I will be honest and say that it does add some weight, so factor that in where you store it when on the road. Also the bottom of the panels get dirt on them especially if you get alot of rain. We look for grass to lay the panels out to sweep and wipe things down when it's time to pack up. Usually the afternoon before we leave we take it down so thats one less big job on a travel day . Good luck !

2006 F-150 SuperCrew XLT Lariat
1998 Sunline Solaris T-2053
Champion 46540 Generator
Love my Life - My Sweetheart ">
Emmett our Golden/BorderCollie/Akita Mutt
Maggie our Yorkie/Daschound

Posted By: stugpanzer on 06/02/09 11:19am

Baileys Buddies wrote:

This is the second trailer we've had that has the screenroom. The first,our Sunline, had a Carefree Screenroom and we absolutely loved being able to be bug free when eating dinner or just watching the rain ! Our Wilderness also came with a Patty O Room which is similar, i like the setup with the Patty O Room better. There was less hardware to mount to the TT and setup seemed much faster. After a few times of setting it up, you will be a pro. Ours has skirting too which makes it even better with the dog, we more than double our living space with the screenroom. My wife wouldn't think of ever not having one ! We generally only use it when we are staying for a week.
I will be honest and say that it does add some weight, so factor that in where you store it when on the road. Also the bottom of the panels get dirt on them especially if you get alot of rain. We look for grass to lay the panels out to sweep and wipe things down when it's time to pack up. Usually the afternoon before we leave we take it down so thats one less big job on a travel day . Good luck !

Thanks for your great reply! Is there any way you can post some photos? Is your awning electric or manual?

Thanks!

Posted By: stugpanzer on 06/03/09 09:29pm

Diabs wrote:

I have the Patty o room...no pic's yet. Quick install, some measuring, a few holes need to be screwed into your trailer(more than a few if you want the full tight to the wall of trailer) Couple holes in the awning roll up bar.

It does add weight, the carrying bag is big and bulky. Will need a step stool to help put it up. It is great though, for keeping bugs out and its nice when its raining, you have more room to move around and stay dry.

The idea of the step stool to avoid cutting the inside skirt is just the answer i was looking for!

EDIT If I put it up this weekend I'll for sure take some pic's and pm you.

Excellent! Thank you!

Been a while since I've been to Toronto. My company used to have an office in Mississauga and I visited a few years ago. I would appreciate the PM!

Posted By: Diabs on 06/03/09 07:56pm

I have the Patty o room...no pic's yet. Quick install, some measuring, a few holes need to be screwed into your trailer(more than a few if you want the full tight to the wall of trailer) Couple holes in the awning roll up bar.

It does add weight, the carrying bag is big and bulky. Will need a step stool to help put it up. It is great though, for keeping bugs out and its nice when its raining, you have more room to move around and stay dry.

The idea of the step stool to avoid cutting the inside skirt is just the answer i was looking for!

EDIT If I put it up this weekend I'll for sure take some pic's and pm you.

Any camping is good camping!

DH & DW , DD x 2
2008 Salem 27RB LTD
Yukon XL 1500 5.3 SLT 2WD
Prodigy BC, DC Reese WD, Scan Gauge II
Days camped in 2008 -38-
Days camped in 2009 -30-
Days camped in 2010 -25-

Posted By: stugpanzer on 06/03/09 09:46am

Can anybody with the Patty o'room provide photos of what you had to install on the side of your trailer?

Thanks

Posted By: Baileys Buddies on 06/02/09 08:44pm

hope i did it right. here is a pic of the 1994 Sunline we had with the screenroom
[image]

Posted By: miltvill on 06/02/09 07:09pm

This is my screen room. Notice the thick awning tie down straps. The instructions say to cut the skirt for the TT steps. We don't put the TT steps down and purchased a plastic folding two step stool. That way we never cut the skirt which would have let the bugs in from under the TT. We love it. With the awning mat it makes a nice room.

This photo was taken in June 2008 in the Everglades National Park. Ten Million misquotes and no two the same. Our first trip.

[image]

* This post was edited 06/02/09 07:17pm by miltvill *

2008 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, 3.73 rear end, tow package, Prodigy Brake Controller, Equal-i-zer Hitch.
Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Posted By: Baileys Buddies on 06/02/09 07:27pm

Our awning is manual and as of yet i haven't posted pics, guess i'll have to look into how thats done when i find some "free" time !! The pic in the link you posted is very similar to the screenroom we have. The only difference is our screen panels do not go all the way to the ground. The side section(parallel to the trailer) has screen material from about 18" off the ground up to about 6" from the awning, the front and rear sections are the same, but tapered to the angle of the awning. There is vinyl material on the outside that rolls up and secures with fabric ties to open the panels. When closing the panels, i untie the fabric ties and secure the bottoms of the panels to the bottom portion with velcro that is sewn into the panels. It's really an easy setup and very durable. The only time i would hesitate to put up the screenroom is if strong winds were forecasted. I have ratchet straps that i secure both ends of the awning to the frame of the trailer in case of a thunderstorm. We usually stay in well wooded sites where there is a windbreak. In a situation where i had to take it down quickly, i am sure my wife and i could have it down in 10-15 minutes tops.

Print  |  Close